Windows 10: data removal from 10 hard drive on another pc

Discus and support data removal from 10 hard drive on another pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can you get say 7 or another 10 box to see the partitions on the hard drive with the crashed 10? I hook up the drive with external usb adapters and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snoopstang, Mar 10, 2016.

1. data removal from 10 hard drive on another pc

How can you get say 7 or another 10 box to see the partitions on the hard drive with the crashed 10? I hook up the drive with external usb adapters and only thing I can see is the partition that isnt allocated. I have tried everthing on the drive system restore, boot up repair, nothing has helped and it wont boot so I need to get the data off the drive and do a fresh load of 10.

:)

snoopstang, Mar 10, 2016

2. hca

downloaded 10 / now inacessible boot device/ removed hard drive and places in another computer/ report was that their is no data on the hard drive/ can I down load to usb and then transfer to hard drive from another computer?

cheyennearcher, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Hats16 Win User
    Recover data

Hi all, how do I remove data from another hard drive?

Hats16, Mar 10, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

data removal from 10 hard drive on another pc

You can use live CD/DVD of Window 7 or 10 or even XP and boot the PC from that then navigate to the files you want saved and copy/paste or send to an external drive which you should connect before booting from the live disk and you can also try Hiren Boot CD (15.2 is the latest as far as I remember) which can be downloaded from various sources and burned to a disk

shimshom, Mar 10, 2016
  5. zooburner Win User
    I tend to use a linux disk I always keep one on hand to access my computer should I screw it up, that way you have a full O.S. at hand.

Linux Mint is my favourite, or Ubuntu which it is based on.

Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu
    Download - Linux Mint

zooburner, Mar 10, 2016
  6. Just guessing -- as I ran into a similar problem when I was dual-booting a PC with Win8.1 and Win10 Insider and could not mount the shard Data volume after I had looked at it with Win10.

It could be FastStartup -- which forces Win10 into a new form of Hibernation when you shut it down. Until I disabled that in Win10, I could not mount the partitions from Win8.1.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

data removal from 10 hard drive on another pc

1. data removal from 10 hard drive on another pc - Similar Threads - data removal hard

2. Removing Account from another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Account from another PC: I had logged into a PC from my previous job and never logged out. I recently looked into my one drive and noticed that people are still using it from my account. I no longer work there and wanted to see if there's any way for me to remove my account from that PC so then...
  3. Removing Account from another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Account from another PC: I had logged into a PC from my previous job and never logged out. I recently looked into my one drive and noticed that people are still using it from my account. I no longer work there and wanted to see if there's any way for me to remove my account from that PC so then...
  4. Removing Account from another PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. One of my hard drives is accessible from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of my hard drives is accessible from another PC: Hi guys, Basically one of my hard drives can be accessed by another PC on the network (I'm checking via RDP). I have no idea how or why, but I want it to stop lol. In CMD after typing net share there is not shared network drive, looking in fsmgmt.msc it is not shared....
  6. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  7. How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?

How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?: I am upgrading from hard drive to ssd, how can i transfer ALL my data/ files/ games? Do i just plug them both in and copy paste? submitted by /u/icantchoosename123 [link] [comments]...
  8. Temporarily moving Hard drive to another computer for data extraction

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporarily moving Hard drive to another computer for data extraction: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Hello, I could use a bit of advice. I recently had my primary computer (let's call it, System 1) fail and so I'm building a new one. But in the meantime, I'm using a backup Windows 10 computer (System 2) (totally different hardware) However,...
  9. How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?: Hey, So I have a hard drive on my laptop that I also want to be able to access on my desktop PC. How can I do this? I have already started off by going onto my laptop and into: This PC > (right click) C Drive > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Permissions >...
  10. Data Hard Drive in This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Hard Drive in This PC: I got this PC yesterday and have noticed that there is a random empty drive in This PC. It says "762 GB free of 763 GB." Does this come with every OS and what is it used for? 21080