Windows 10: Data Sharing on a local network

Discus and support Data Sharing on a local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Morning, I decided to register an account here, as i think this forum is interesting because i had an opportunity to search some tutorials and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jc493900, Jun 21, 2018.

1. jc493900 Win User

Data Sharing on a local network

Good Morning,

I decided to register an account here, as i think this forum is interesting because i had an opportunity to search some tutorials and see some threads in the forum, so i'm new here. I also decided to create this post, since i have a problem i can't seem to resolve, and i hope i can find some help over here.

I have a server running Windows 10 with a shared folder, and several computers (Windows 10 aswell) accessing to it, reading and writing several files in this folder. The problem here, is some computers (users) can read and write a lot faster than others, and i can't figuring out why.

What i try so far without success:
    -> Disabled Super Fetch in services;
    -> Disabled Windows Search in services;
    -> Disabled "Large Send Offload V2" in my network card;

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

:)

jc493900, Jun 21, 2018

2. file sharing over local network issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest the following to resolve the issue you are faced with.

Method 1: Windows can't detect a computer on a Public network. To fix this problem, you can try changing the network location to Home or Work or try connecting to a network that already has a Home or Work network location.

Method 2:

If Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) protocol is disabled on the network adapter. Windows uses the LLTD protocol to map computers and devices on a network. To enable LLTD, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type adapter, and then, under
      Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

• Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.

• Select the Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver and
      Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder check boxes, and then click
      OK.

[*]
    Method 3: To turn on network discovery, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type network, click
      Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click
      Change advanced sharing settings.

• Click the drop down icon to expand the Home or Work network profile.

• Click Turn on network discovery, and then click
      Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 21, 2018
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Data Sharing on a local network - Similar Threads - Data Sharing local

2. OneDrive media sharing issue on local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive media sharing issue on local network: We keep family multimedia photos, videos, etc in appropriately named OneDrive subdirectories. Then there is another directory containing lots of random movies & TV shows kept OUTSIDE of OneDrive to save GB storage limits. Works perfectly keeping everything in sync across...
  3. Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11: Hi,I'm having an issue sharing files between two computers on my home wifi network.I have two PC's one downstairs and one upstairs, both with Win 11 Pro and using the same account.I have set these up to share over a private network in network and in control panel. When I look...
  4. Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11: Hi,I'm having an issue sharing files between two computers on my home wifi network.I have two PC's one downstairs and one upstairs, both with Win 11 Pro and using the same account.I have set these up to share over a private network in network and in control panel. When I look...
  5. File Sharing Over a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  6. Local network / smb shares and notifications

Local network / smb shares and notifications: Why is the issue with local share security warnings still a problem? I shouldnot have to click OK in this box every time I touch a file in thesame shared directory. Why, ten years later, is there stillno simple, straightforward way to turn this notification off? without...
  7. Unable to share files on local network

Unable to share files on local network: Why has Microsoft disabled the file sharing capabilities for home users? Ever since Homegroups were tossed out, sharing files between our families PC's has become a real challenge. This time of year tax time makes this really frustrating as - being the "accountant" for our...
  8. File sharing issue on a local Network

File sharing issue on a local Network: I have 2 computers at home running windows 10, same microsoft login Now when I'm connect to my personal LAN I would like to have both computers being able to browse each others files, so I can use the local network to transfer files both ways I tried giving all...
  9. Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network: I am wondering what has changed that I cannot add a shared printer on the local network to a different Microsoft Account. Previously, in Homegroups, both computers could join a homegroup and if the two PCs were in same private network with printer/file sharing enabled we...
  10. Windows 10 File Sharing on local network

Windows 10 File Sharing on local network: On my home network there are two PCs - call them A and B. Each PC has two user accounts - call them 1 and 2. The same user -name and login password is used on both PCs. Both PCs are running "Windows 10 Home" - no other version information is given in Control Panel/System....