Windows 10: Data Transfer from 7 to 10

Discus and support Data Transfer from 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, with the new WIN 10 RTM right around the corner, and everyone seem to be getting their systems ready for WIN 10, I was wondering about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pants, Jun 22, 2015.

1. pants Win User

Data Transfer from 7 to 10

Hello Everyone, with the new WIN 10 RTM right around the corner, and everyone seem to be getting their systems ready for WIN 10, I was wondering about the Transfer of my current genuine WIN 7 Data on my current machine, to a new install of WIN 10 on my current machine, ( When i Decide to install WIN 10 )

I am guessing if i do a DATA transfer to a EXT Drive, and then do i clean install of WIN 10, and then Transfer the DATA back to the NEW CLEAN Install of WIN 10, every thing should be the same as i currently have , Except for the ascetic look of my current WIN 7 ?

Thanks in advance,

:)

pants, Jun 22, 2015

2. Data Transfer from windows 7 to windows 10

Data Transfer from windows 7 to windows 10

Laurel Thatcher, Jun 22, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Data Transfer from windows 7 to windows 10

Is there a question that you wanted to ask?

BulldogXX, Jun 22, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Just a thought but get a separate HDD for the data an move it all there or an external drive. Then there is no need to transfer data from one OS to another..

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2015
  5. It's is always advisable to back up your system before making major changes to it.
    See: Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup - Windows 7 Help Forums
    there are related tutorials that use other backup utilities or other methods at the bottom of Post# 1.

The upgrade process will preserve your data and installed applications, you shouldn't have to transfer anything ... your stuff will be there after the upgrade.
    Some MS feature applications (Media Center for example) will NOT carry over to Win 10. Most 3rd party applications seem to run well under Win 10.

Slartybart, Jun 22, 2015
  6. pants Win User
    Hello again, i do have several current backup images on an EXT Drive, i should be able to use those once i decide when i will install WIN 10 ?

Thanks

pants, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Data Transfer from 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Data Transfer

2. Programs won't work after transferring data to new PC over oneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs won't work after transferring data to new PC over oneDrive: Hello,I recently got a new laptop and transferred my data and files over using the windows backup app. Everything went smoothly and it looks like my files are transferred over, but programs like chrome, spotify and microsoft oneDrive do not work even though they reappeared on...
  3. Programs won't work after transferring data to new PC over oneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs won't work after transferring data to new PC over oneDrive: Hello,I recently got a new laptop and transferred my data and files over using the windows backup app. Everything went smoothly and it looks like my files are transferred over, but programs like chrome, spotify and microsoft oneDrive do not work even though they reappeared on...
  4. Data Transfer Woes

Data Transfer Woes: Hi there.I am currently running Windows 7. I recently bought a new SSD in order to upgrade my OS / improve speed over my old HDD. I installed Windows 10 on the new, blank SSD. I need to know how to get my Windows 7 HDD files onto the new Windows 10 SSD, without also...
  5. Data Transfer Woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Transfer Woes: Hi there.I am currently running Windows 7. I recently bought a new SSD in order to upgrade my OS / improve speed over my old HDD. I installed Windows 10 on the new, blank SSD. I need to know how to get my Windows 7 HDD files onto the new Windows 10 SSD, without also...
  6. Data Transfer Woes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows it's signed into my account but that is it no progress is shown. If anyone knows...
  8. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows it's signed into my account but that is it no progress is shown. If anyone knows...
  9. Transferring windows data to a new windows drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring windows data to a new windows drive: Hi thereI recently acquired a new ssd drive for my pc and I've just installed windows on it. Is there a way to transfer all the data and preferences from the original drive to the new one? Both drives are connected to the pc...
  10. Transferring windows data to a new windows drive

Transferring windows data to a new windows drive: Hi thereI recently acquired a new ssd drive for my pc and I've just installed windows on it. Is there a way to transfer all the data and preferences from the original drive to the new one? Both drives are connected to the pc...