Windows 10: Data usage is not showing correct info!

Discus and support Data usage is not showing correct info! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i'm using windows 10 1709 and i'm trying to keep track of data usage but data usage in setting obviously not showing the correct info. i've tried reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LoverOfLove, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Data usage is not showing correct info!

i'm using windows 10 1709 and i'm trying to keep track of data usage but data usage in setting obviously not showing the correct info. i've tried reset usage then i again tested and still not showing the correct info. anyone else faced this problem? is this a bug or something is not right in my pc?
    thanks. *Smile

:)

LoverOfLove, Feb 9, 2018

2. Nokia 2700 as a modem.

my issues are 3 generally.

1. My data usage info shows higher number of recived data (bytes/second) than the recieved data, and as the minues goes by the sent data size increases dramatically. (inproportinately with the recieved one)

dawitbogale, Feb 9, 2018
  3. Data usage is not showing in windows 10.

I have upgraded to windows 10 nearly one month before.

earlier I had windows 8.1 in which i was able to check my data usage easily.

But in windows 10, in spite of having option to check data usage, it doesn't show the data usage though I use wifi connection.

It always shows 0 bytes used which is not expected.

Because of this problem I am not able to check that how much data I have used.

Since I am using limited data plan so it is creating problem in data usage management.

AbhishekSolanki18, Feb 9, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Data usage is not showing correct info!

In what way is it not right? Does it not 'feel' right compared to what you might expect?

If you look at usage details, does the individual usage listed not add up to the total?

Is there unexpected usage by a particular program?

Could you give an example of how you've determined the internet usage is not correct?

dalchina, Feb 9, 2018
  5. bro67 Win User
    No bug. Helps to know exactly what you are trying to watch. Is it Internet use or data on a storage device?

bro67, Feb 9, 2018
  6. i watched youtube, downloaded some programs and videos, updated my system, but still my wifi usage showing under 5 mb with only 2 or 3 system program listed. no mention of chrome and fdm.i've tried reset usage and after i tested again with new heavy usage, and it is still not showing the correct info.

LoverOfLove, Feb 10, 2018
  7. bro67 Win User
    You are talking about variable bit rate with youtube. You cannot go by what you are seeing as what the true use is.

bro67, Feb 10, 2018
  8. Data usage is not showing correct info!

well 20 minute youtube, some program downloaded, and system updates is definitely not equal to 5 mb. something is definitely wrong in the meter.

9. It looks pretty accurate for me. I got a Wireshark capture over ~40 minutes of web surfing and Youtube. The Wireshark log shows ~202MB and Windows shows 195MB. I'm guessing Windows isn't counting protocol overhead so there's a small difference.

Data usage is not showing correct info! [​IMG]

What network adapter are you using? Do you have any 3rd party network drivers - firewalls, accelerators, traffic shaping - installed?

PolarNettles, Feb 10, 2018
  10. thanks for the reply polarnettles *Smile

i've a wifi dongle in my desktop and i'm running netbalancer software to limit the speed of chrome.
    i think data usage still should show info bcoz it is inbuilt into the system. and i dont have anything else network related.

11. also there is an app by nirsoft which shows data usage by using the already created system log of data usage and that is working fine.

and i've background apps disabled but i think it shouldnt caused the issue since i've checked before that data usage works even if background apps are disabled.

12. PolarNettles, Feb 10, 2018
  13. Data usage is not showing correct info!

thanks for the link and suggestion.
    i uninstalled the netbalancer and traffic counter worked perfectly.
    i guess i will install netbalancer again and will rely on it for tracking data usage.
    thanks again.

14. dalchina New Member
    fdm = Free Download Manager, I believe.

I tried downloading Macrium Reflect from a URL, and there is no reference to FDM in usage stats.

dalchina, Feb 10, 2018
  15. I see that Free Download Manager also has a packet filter driver. It looks like the Windows traffic counter must work at a very high level if it can get bypassed by user-level drivers.

Data usage is not showing correct info! [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Feb 10, 2018
Thema:

Data usage is not showing correct info!

1. Data usage is not showing correct info! - Similar Threads - Data usage showing

2. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Usage not showing up: As seen in the picture, my data usage has not been showing up for the last 19 days. Please tell me ways to fix this as I am on a limited data plan and would really love to be able to see how much data I've used so I can manage my usage...
  3. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Usage not showing up: As seen in the picture, my data usage has not been showing up for the last 19 days. Please tell me ways to fix this as I am on a limited data plan and would really love to be able to see how much data I've used so I can manage my usage...
  4. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Data Usage shows false information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data Usage shows false information: For the past few months, the data usage monitor page in settings are not showing correct information. I'm watching videos on HD for many hours, play many online games and yet it only says that I use 12 mb of WIFI. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Data Usage not correctly showing

Data Usage not correctly showing: I've been monitoring my data usage for 4 days now. I've reset daily several times throughout a single day as well. I used 79Gb yesterday alone, for reference to the amount of data being seen. The List of Apps, however, showed that I had used 56Gb on PlaystationNow, 8Gb on...
  7. Windows 10 Data Usage not showing [Bug?]

Windows 10 Data Usage not showing [Bug?]: When I open task manager, I can see the data usage under the performance tab but not under the processes tab it definitely shouldn't be on 0% nor in Settings -> Network -> Data Usage, which looks actually bugged. I already tried resetting network settings. ******* Third...
  8. Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage: I'm using Win10. I'm using a dongle to connect to the Internet. I topped up my data plan to 54 GB several days ago. I also went: SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > DATA USAGE and re-set it. Please, see the images below! They should be self-explanatory. My I. S. P. shows -- I...
  9. my data usage overview is not showing

my data usage overview is not showing: i can't seem to see how much data I have been using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-data-usage-overview-is-not-showing/9ad6d14a-d65b-462b-b22c-6e4113e347f8
  10. Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?

Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?: On windows 10 I was trying to look at how much data I've used in the past 30 days through Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage. Sadly it only shows that I have used absolutely no internet whatsoever. Screenshot - 0c04b46105474f4907bef4e9245bf05a - Gyazo If I click on...