Windows 10: Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Set a Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Set a Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 Mobile can help you stay under your data plan limit and look for ways to help you reduce your data usage. After you set a data limit, it’ll let you know when you’re getting near or reached your set limit.

This tutorial will show you how to set a data usage limit on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Set a Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    • Option Two: To Edit Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    • Option Three: To Remove Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

EXAMPLE: "You've reached your data limit" notification

OPTION ONE [/i] To Set a Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    1. Open Settings on the Windows 10 Mobile phone, and tap on Network & wireless. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Data usage. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on the Set limit button under Data usage limit. (see screenshot below)

4. Select a Monthly, One time, or Unlimited limit type you want to use for your data plan, and tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

5. Select and enter the data limit information you want to use for your data plan, and tap on Save. (see screenshots below)

6. Select to Allow or Don't allow to use cellular data if there's no Internet access over Wi-Fi. (see screenshot below)

7. If you like, tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Edit Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Note This option is only available if you set a data usage limit in Option One.

1. Open Settings on the Windows 10 Mobile phone, and tap on Network & wireless. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on Edit. (see screenshot below)

4. Tap on the Edit button under Data plan. (see screenshot below)

5. Select and enter the data limit information you want to use for your data plan, and tap on Save. (see screenshots below)

6. Select to Allow or Don't allow to use cellular data if there's no Internet access over Wi-Fi. (see screenshot below)

7. If you like, tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Remove Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

3. Tap on Edit. (see screenshot below)

4. Tap on the Remove button under Data plan. (see screenshot below)

5. Tap on Remove to confirm. (see screenshot below)

6. If you like, tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 12, 2016

2. Data Usage overpasses the limit

Thanks but it did not really help me. Windows 10 mobile has the option to set a data usage limit but when I reach the limit my phone continues using cellular data.

Gumaro Fuentes Soto, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Cannot Set Limit in Data Usage

Since installing the Creators Update (10.0.15063.297) on my Lumia 640 I am unable to set the cellular data usage values. Selecting "Set Limit" under "Cellular data usage"on the "Data usage" screen opens the "Set data limit" windows but all options are grayed
    out. I can only Cancel and return.

Prior to installing the Creators Update, I had set the limit to be reset on the first of the month. The limit did not reset on June 1st and continues to decrement the original limit of 500MB. Don't know what will happen when it gets to 0.

Data usage is a very useful feature and I'd like to know if this is a bug or if there is some other way to specify a cellular limit.

jmbissell313, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ian Sal Win User

Mobile data switching off automatically

Hi,

Let's go ahead and check on this. This is because data usage is set to limit in Data Sense for Windows version 8.1 or Data usage for Windows 10. Follow these steps to change settings:

• Windows 8.1, Go to Settings > Data Sense > select Set limit.
    • Windows 10, Go to Settings > Network > Data usage.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Setting data limit on my Windows 10 mobile

I recently upgraded my Lumia 640 from Windows mobile 8.1 to 10 and I have discovered that I cannot set data limit (Settings >
    Network & wireless > Data usage).

The page is there but I cannot enter anything, only Cancel. My mobile provider is Giffgaff (using O2) and I had the data usage shown before the change to windows Mobile 10 on the Windows phone 8.1 OS.

It doesn't make any difference whether data is turned on or off.

What can I do to get this working?

Thanks, Mike

Mike_b1950, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Mobile Data usage tracking NOT WORKING

Is this data usage tracking issue ever going to be fixed on Windows 10 mobile? Whether I set a limit or not, my phone is not tracking the usage to ensure I do not go over my cellular limit. See attached screenshot

Markking29, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Data Usage Limit

2. Daily Data Usage Limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Daily Data Usage Limit: [ATTACH] Please upvote: https://aka.ms/AAbib54 https://preview.redd.it/hoif7gml9hm61.png?width=401&format=png&auto=webp&s=9996af913b3f855b1dda6128efb372ad075346b4 submitted by /u/3dWrecker [link] [comments]...
  3. data usage limit setup in laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data usage limit setup in laptop: i want to set data limit , 2GB per day , means if per day 2GB data are used then notify me . and also teach me about monthly , one time , and unlimited data limit ....
  4. Set cellular data limit

Set cellular data limit: I've found multiple articles on how to set the cellular data limit within Windows using the GUI but none on how I do it with command line so I can push it out to multiple machines. I have found how to use netsh to make sure the interface is marked as a metered connection,...
  5. data limit is not visible in my data usage settings in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    data limit is not visible in my data usage settings in windows 10: my windows 10 is not showing data limit in data usage setting because of that data is over used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-limit-is-not-visible-in-my-data-usage/d6e3f396-1b92-4eb2-abfb-8c65bc444352
  6. How to manage the Data Usage Limit on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage the Data Usage Limit on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 features an easy way to monitor and control data usage. If you do not have an unlimited data package or plan to monitor […] This article How to manage the Data Usage Limit on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Data usage settings

Data usage settings: Hi, in Setting on Network & Internet I am using Data usage. In Edit limit is has the option of Limit time button Monthly. Then Monthly reset date. I entered 1 from the drop down box and clicked Save. Upon returning to page I note that the reset date displays reset date as...
  8. Connect PC to phone mobile data

Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  9. Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How View Network Data Usage Details on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to view the network data usage details of apps from the last 30 days on your Windows...
  10. Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Open Settings in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 Mobile phones are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.15063.297) features