Windows 10: Date and Time, and Time Zone

Discus and support Date and Time, and Time Zone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having some difficulty updating my Windows 10 Mobile Phone. I am able to download and installed a new update on my Windows 10 Mobile Phone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ejcooper2017, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Date and Time, and Time Zone

I am having some difficulty updating my Windows 10 Mobile Phone. I am able to download and installed a new update on my Windows 10 Mobile Phone, however, I am always getting the following error message after I restart the phone: "we are having problem updating you phone because of date and time, and time zone, make sure to set the date and time, and time zone correctly."

All of mine device are set up on the (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), and they all work well. Just mine Windows 10 Mobile Phone I am experiencing this issues with.

It was the same time zone I had it on when I first configurated it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks...

:)

ejcooper2017, Jul 28, 2018

2. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Date and Time, and Time Zone

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Date and Time, and Time Zone

1. Date and Time, and Time Zone - Similar Threads - Date Zone

2. Why Does Windows 11 Doesn Not have seconds on the clock when you "Adjust Date and Time Time"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Does Windows 11 Doesn Not have seconds on the clock when you "Adjust Date and Time Time": When using the Adjust Date and time feature on the task bar shows the time , The clock does not show seconds as in pervious versions of Windows ?...
  3. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  4. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  5. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  6. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  7. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Time And Date Settings - Region Time Zone UNABLE TO SET

Time And Date Settings - Region Time Zone UNABLE TO SET: Whenever I try to change time zone on my Windows 10, it shows following error; "Unable to continue You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help" [ATTACH] There are two administration accounts on my computer i.e....
  9. Change Font colour display for time and date zone in windows 10 taskbar

Change Font colour display for time and date zone in windows 10 taskbar: After a recent update, while there still is an active zone in my taskbar for date and time, it is the same colour as the background for the taskbar. Hence it is not visible due to the lack of colour contrast. When I hover over the zone with a mouse, it displays a light...
  10. I,m a Sailor is date time zone all that important for windows APPS

I,m a Sailor is date time zone all that important for windows APPS: good day all, i work on ships for a living so i am constantly changing time zones pacific to the Persian Gulf and back so is it more important to be in the correct time zone at download or what? i actually live in the pacific north west so naturally i keep on pacific but i...