Windows 10: Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help

Discus and support Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, many things have been problematic. However, my issue currently is that the Date and Time keep popping up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bmeyers, Oct 21, 2015.

1. bmeyers Win User

Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help

Hello,
    Since I upgraded to Windows 10, many things have been problematic. However, my issue currently is that the Date and Time keep popping up and remain popped up. I am referring to the one which shows and entire month calendar, along with the time, day, etc. It would usually occur upon clicking on the time and date in the lower left hand corner. Whenever I click that to get rid of the expanded version, it shows up again a few seconds later as if I clicked on it.

I have searched everywhere for an answer and cannot find one.

Please help! Thank you!

:)

bmeyers, Oct 21, 2015
  2. jpeats Win User

Date and Time Popping Up Without Prompting

Date and Time keeps popping up from the task bar without being clicked on. It's happening most when typing an email out in Outlook. We've restarted the machine, but I didn't see anything in settings that could prevent the popup.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

jpeats, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Date and Time Popping Up Without Prompting

Hello,

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Clean boot.

I request you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 21, 2015
  4. Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum

One thing I can think to check is the settings for the track pad on your laptop
    These sometimes have options for swiping and it could be that yours is set for this, so accidentally swiping the right hand side is triggering the action centre to open

paulsalter, Oct 21, 2015
  5. doudard Win User
    Recently installed Windows 10, but I had the same problem with Windows 7. In windows 7 it was the 'soft key board' that was stealing my pointer. Now it is the Date and Time window that keeps popping up. I have tried so many things I cannot count them anymore. It is driving me completely nuts!
    Help!!

doudard, Jan 31, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Please post a screen capture of what you are seeing, that may help ID the cause.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help

1. Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help - Similar Threads - Date Keep Popping

2. Help Windows keep on popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Windows keep on popping up: I am on windows 11. The help and support pop ups even without propted to. Same thing happens when I open my google chrome. I scanned my laptop multiple times but no virus detected. Its very frustrating and annoying....
  3. Help Windows keep on popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Windows keep on popping up: I am on windows 11. The help and support pop ups even without propted to. Same thing happens when I open my google chrome. I scanned my laptop multiple times but no virus detected. Its very frustrating and annoying....
  4. annoying pop up window, please help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying pop up window, please help!: hi, all of the sudden my windows 10 shows this annoying popup every seconds, what is it? how do it turn it off? what's triggering it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-up-window-please-help/a6585c5e-450f-44af-9ad8-592679ff4e94
  5. Do not pop away date and time

Do not pop away date and time: All In Windows 10 the time and date is shown in the system tray. If you click on it, a window pops up with an month overview. If you click somewhere else, the window pops away. In older versions of Windows you could double click on the date and time. Similar information...
  6. pop ups .. www.watchsportslive.net HELP PLEASE ... THANKS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop ups .. www.watchsportslive.net HELP PLEASE ... THANKS: pop ups .. Lots of them: they all have this name. www.watchsportslive.net HELP PLEASE ... THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pop-ups-wwwwatchsportslivenet-help-please-thanks/8253fa94-d673-4085-a32f-ba6ac80538ef
  7. help time & date

help time & date: help when computer restarts the time is 14 hours wrong ahead changing settings don't change, auto time doesn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-time-date/e222e76f-bf8d-4905-a4ea-cb5c7751871b
  8. Keep poping up. Help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep poping up. Help please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Eabros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxqaao/keep_poping_up_help_please/
  9. Error Message Keeps Popping Up Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Message Keeps Popping Up Please help.: I recently installed and uninstalled a thermaltake RGB controller software. After uninstalling, every time I start my pc, an error message pops up explaining that the RGB software was attempted to be started but the file was missing. This kind of thing is really annoying when...
  10. Time / Date pop-up settings

Time / Date pop-up settings: I've done a fair bit of searching on this one so I hope I've missed something or someone can help. When scrolling using the lower arrow in a maximized browser window, occasionally I hit the clock causing the massive pop-up. I can change the clock to the Win32 one and I can...