Windows 10: Date Mismatch

Discus and support Date Mismatch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have files stored on a USB external drive. I use the subst command. When I view the file in the folder list from Explorer the date shown for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Date Mismatch

I have files stored on a USB external drive. I use the subst command. When I view the file in the folder list from Explorer the date shown for the subst drive is quite different from the date of the file for the non-subst file. The subt drive's file date is 2/3/2018 and the date when viewing the folder on the drive without using the subst shortcut is 2/23/2018. If I hover the mouse over the file, the small popup says the correct date and time.

What causes this?
    Thanks.
    RON

:)

RonNewYork, Aug 23, 2018
  2. PirateBoy Win User

Upcoming PC games release dates (US)

I prefer alphabetical myself as some are totally TBA I guess. Don't know, not my list. Could even be sorted into a Genre - Release Date - Alphabetical order. Then again alphabetical is easy enough. Make some suggestions to the OP.

PirateBoy, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Date Mismatch

My User Folders are mismatched in Library

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the library folders are mismatched in Windows. We will help you.

Lets try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you do a system maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and Go to control panel.
    • Select system and maintenance.
    • There select troubleshooting.
    • In troubleshooting, go to system and security and select
      run maintenance task.
    • Select system maintenance and follow the
      on screen instructions.
    Step 2: I also suggest you to
    try creating a new user account and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account linking a Microsoft account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Note: Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed for any further queries. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Date Mismatch

1. Date Mismatch - Similar Threads - Date Mismatch

2. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  3. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today: the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dates-column-blank-when-i-opened-control/a9ae12b2-a442-49cb-a4b1-915054719079
  6. the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today

the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today: the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dates-column-blank-when-i-opened-control/a9ae12b2-a442-49cb-a4b1-915054719079
  7. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  8. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  9. Mismatching windows language and date&time format lead to problems with app default languages

Mismatching windows language and date&time format lead to problems with app default languages: Conditions: My Windows is set up with English US as its primary language. However, I vastly prefer Russian date&time format dd.mm.yyyy and 24h, so I set it after the initial setup. I think this is where the problems come from.Problems: Some applications of recent note, Nearby...
  10. Mismatched date settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mismatched date settings: When I look for my files in the start menu, they use the American mm/dd/yyyy format. However, my settings are set to the British time format. You can see the difference in the example excel format below. I checked my Microsoft account settings online as well as in the control...