Windows 10: Daughter Changed Windows 10 Login Password... Promptly forgot. HELP!

Discus and support Daughter Changed Windows 10 Login Password... Promptly forgot. HELP! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So... It's not quite that simple... She is taking an online course to learn Ancient Greek and uses a program that allows her to type using Greek... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bpendrak, Jan 6, 2016.

1. bpendrak Win User

Daughter Changed Windows 10 Login Password... Promptly forgot. HELP!

So... It's not quite that simple...
    She is taking an online course to learn Ancient Greek and uses a program that allows her to type using Greek symbols. The problem arose when she decided to change the account password to a Greek word using this keyboard application. Being that it is an non-windows application, it does not boot up until AFTER you have logged into windows. Therefore, she can't reproduce the symbols without use of the on-screen Ancient Greek keyboard. We are actually only unable to reproduce ONE symbol... The Omega with circumflex. It is the only character in her entire password for which there is NOT a special character shortcut. Her account is the only one on the computer. Therefore, I assume that makes her the admin. There was no PIN entered / picture chose when she initially setup the laptop. Changing our Windows, AKA Live, PW doesn't help because this is a 'local PW'. I can't just reinstall the OS and lose all of her work... Not to mention the last 5 years worth of family pictures my wife had JUST backed up onto the HD before moving them to a more secure environment. Can anybody give me any hope?

:)

bpendrak, Jan 6, 2016

2. Forgotten Windows 10 Password

I forgot window 10 password.

I can login with "Picture password" But i do not change account password.

Please help me.Thanks

Michael-98, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Forgot password

I just changed my login password on windows 10 recentlu. Somehow I forgot what it is. I have a local account and I dont have Windows' 10 cd.

I somehow got into where you can change a password for administrators. I forgot hoe to get into that if I need to change something.

Is there anyway I can get into Windows without using a login?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

passionatepr, Jan 6, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I can tell you how to save the photos and the user data - install Macrium Reflect Free on the computer that you do have access to. Create the Macrium Reflect Free Rescue disk. Boot the computer you are locked out of with the Macrium Rescue Disk. Make an image of the Windows partition to an external drive. You can then plug the external drive into the computer you have access to, mount the image with the "allow access to restricted folders" option checked. Then at least you can have access to the file structure and data files.

Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Jan 6, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    This is another way of saving the files. A little heavy handed though.

7. simrick Win User
    simrick, Jan 6, 2016
  8. Snakeyes Win User

Snakeyes, Jan 6, 2016
  9. Take a look at Option Four in the link they provided.

EDIT: Okay simrick already suggested to look at option 4. You'll need to create a Windows 10 installation USB or DVD, boot from it to get into a command prompt, then do it that way.

joedaman633, Jan 6, 2016
  10. Snakeyes Win User
    Got it.
    My bad.
    Thanks

Snakeyes, Jan 6, 2016
  11. No worries, you're welcome.

joedaman633, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Daughter Changed Windows 10 Login Password... Promptly forgot. HELP! - Similar Threads - Daughter Changed Login

2. Forgot login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot login password: I have a Windows 10 tablet and did not use it for some time. Yesterday, I took out and charged it up for trial test. However I forgot the login password and coule not enter into Windows. Can someone guide me how to reset the password or even reinstall it. Thanks!...
  3. Forgot login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot login password: I have a Windows 10 tablet and did not use it for some time. Yesterday, I took out and charged it up for trial test. However I forgot the login password and coule not enter into Windows. Can someone guide me how to reset the password or even reinstall it. Thanks!...
  4. Forgot login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Forgot Password for Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Password for Login: Hi, I know my pin, but I do not know the password. How do I reset the password for my login? And I mean for the login to my laptop, not my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-for-login/db45ffde-269d-481a-ae7d-563b913ae619
  6. Forgot Login password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Login password.: I forgot my password and security questions of my PC Login account which is linked to Microsoft. But I remember the pin and biometrics works also fine. Now, how can I reset the password without security questions and resetting the pc....
  7. Forgot Windows Login Password

Forgot Windows Login Password: please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-windows-login-password/821ca4d0-0f74-49fe-acb6-f163d5fff451
  8. my daughter forgot her password for windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my daughter forgot her password for windows: I cannot do anything without the password. safe mode still need a password and it wont even let me into command prompt without it. she has the hp stream laptop and I think its windows 10. help!!...
  9. Yahoo password change and login prompts

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo password change and login prompts: I'm trying to help someone with an Iphone 8+. It all started with trying to send a webpage to email from Safari. It says you need to login to Yahoo before it can proceed. But Yahoo is already logged into. At the same time numerous unauthorized account key login confirmation...
  10. Forgot login password windows 10

Forgot login password windows 10: I need help. Can not login to my windows10 screen. Forgot my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-login-password-windows-10/f7373c63-f66c-41af-a1fa-e2391689f0b4