Windows 10: DCOM Configuration Warning

Discus and support DCOM Configuration Warning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I was fixing a DCOM error and while entering the DCOM Config in Component Services I encountered a "DCOM Configuration Warning" asking me if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by qdart, Oct 27, 2017.

1. qdart Win User

DCOM Configuration Warning

Hello,

I was fixing a DCOM error and while entering the DCOM Config in Component Services I encountered a "DCOM Configuration Warning" asking me if I would like to record an item.
    I clicked "Yes" without fully reading what it asked me to add. I doubt this will have any negative impact on my system however this made me wonder if there was some kind of log or logfile where I could see what item was recorded.

Please excuse me if this is not the right place to post this thread.

Cheers

:)

qdart, Oct 27, 2017

2. DCOM Configuration Warning

rundll32.exe is a Windows component. This is not a malware / virus. (If this is virus infected, this should get caught by AV loaded on your computer)

You can safely click Yes for this.

If problem related to rundll32.exe happens, you can always run sfc scan -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833...

E for Excel, Oct 27, 2017
  3. DCOM Configuration Warning

When I open the Component Services Administration tool I'm presented with the following message....

DCOM Configuration Warning!

The CLSID {c82192ee-6cb5-4bc0-9ef0-fb818773790a}, item C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe and title JumpViewerExecuteHelper has named value AppID, but is not recorded under \\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Appid. Do you wish to record it?

Is it safe to click 'Yes' or should I click 'No'

I've noticed also in my event logs that I get several of these events each day, not sure if these are related? This is the reason I started looking in the Component Services Administration tool but I feel out of my depth on this one.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date: 15/01/2018 12:58:38

Event ID: 10016

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: LOCAL SERVICE

Computer: ASUS-PC

Description:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-01-15T12:58:38.466013200Z" />

<EventRecordID>6147</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="1092" ThreadID="8476" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>ASUS-PC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>

<Data Name="param2">Local</Data>

<Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>

<Data Name="param4">{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}</Data>

<Data Name="param5">{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}</Data>

<Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>

<Data Name="param7">LOCAL SERVICE</Data>

<Data Name="param8">S-1-5-19</Data>

<Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>

<Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>

<Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Dr.Slinky.McVelvet, Oct 27, 2017
  4. elbeasto Win User

This exact thing happened to me today, would like to know what it means as well.

Pretty sure it's harmless tbh

elbeasto, Oct 30, 2017
  5. Pirx Win User
    It means you had a CLSID referring to a non-existing AppID. Answering the question you were asked in the positive should cause the corresponding AppID to be created with default settings. However, I found that in some cases this doesn't work, most likely due to a permissions issue (couldn't be bothered to research this). If that is the case you'll see the exact same prompt again next time you open that DCOM pane.

In any case, what this does is to fix an omission, and it won't do any harm one way or another.

Pirx, Nov 1, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    I gave up fixing these DCOM errors since as someone pointed out we don't really know what we are fixing or indeed whether we are creating new problems trying to fix them. I'd leave it to MS to fix them.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DCOM Configuration Warning - Similar Threads - DCOM Configuration Warning

2. DCOM Warning / Administrator / No Other Accts / etc...... HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM Warning / Administrator / No Other Accts / etc...... HELP: I'm going to explain this the best I can... At some point my Local user account became the only Administrator on my laptop and the other local accounts have disappeared - so I am unable to remove my account from Administrator status. I looked through the Event Viewer but did...
  3. DCOM Warning / Administrator / No Other Accts / etc...... HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM Warning / Administrator / No Other Accts / etc...... HELP: I'm going to explain this the best I can... At some point my Local user account became the only Administrator on my laptop and the other local accounts have disappeared - so I am unable to remove my account from Administrator status. I looked through the Event Viewer but did...
  4. DCOM Configuration warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM Configuration warning: On a server of an Oil&Gas plant with Siemens software installed on i receive this message:The CLSID {12845886-C9C4-11d3-B773-00A0244F8109}, item "C:\PROGRA~1\SIEMENS\WINCC\bin\SfcRt.Exe" and title RedundancySfcNotify Class has the named value AppID, but is not recorded under...
  5. DCOM Configuration warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM Configuration warning: On a server of an Oil&Gas plant with Siemens software installed on i receive this message:The CLSID {12845886-C9C4-11d3-B773-00A0244F8109}, item "C:\PROGRA~1\SIEMENS\WINCC\bin\SfcRt.Exe" and title RedundancySfcNotify Class has the named value AppID, but is not recorded under...
  6. dcom warning 10016

in Windows 10 Customization
    dcom warning 10016: dear all,would you kindly help as this keeps constantly popping in the system logs.if I scroll down it shown that it keeps happening almost nonstop.many games have been crashing lately, not sure and it could be related. I've also been getting all of those DWM stopped working...
  7. DCOM 10016 warning yet again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM 10016 warning yet again: I've seen these forever but since the last upgrade to 2004 I am getting over 30,000 of these events logged within a 4 day period and my system is shutting down randomly with event log stopping prior. Anyway to get rid of these?Thanks...
  8. Keep getting warnings about DCOM

Keep getting warnings about DCOM: I am getting the following in EventViewer, and not sure why it is happening. Fresh reinstall of Windows. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The...
  9. *%$#* DCOM

*%$#* DCOM: To say that I am beyond fed up with Windows 10 is an understatement. And above that this DCOM system that you have that I constantly have to fix it is so far beyond ridiculous there is not an accurate insult or comparison of failure other than the Hindenburg that can compare...
  10. Configure Auto-restart Warning Notifications for Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Configure Auto-restart Warning Notifications for Updates in Windows 10: How to: Configure Auto-restart Warning Notifications for Updates in Windows 10 How to Configure Auto-restart Warning Notifications Schedule for Updates in Windows 10 Microsoft has made it easier for Windows Update to keep Windows 10 updated by automatically downloading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jumpviewexecutehelper

2. jumpviewexecutehelper in windows 10

3. dcom configuration warning

4. dcom configuration windows 10,
  5. the clsid {c82192ee-6cb5-40c0-9ef0-fb818773790a} item,
  6. clsid item rundll32.exe and title has the named value but is not recorded under appid do you wish to record it,
  7. what is JumpViewExecuteHelper,
  8. dcom configuration,
  9. dcom configuration warning jumpviewexecutehelper,
  10. JumpViewerExecuteHelper HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Appid,
  11. docom configuration warning,
  12. error 1115 attempting to start the service bits with arguments unavailable in order to run the server:{4991d34b-80a1-4291-83b6-3328366b9097},
  13. dcom configuration warning CLSID 049436D1,
  14. dcom konfiguration windows 10,
  15. dcom konfiguration windows 10 1909