Windows 10: Deactivating the use of a password to open my computer

Discus and support Deactivating the use of a password to open my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I deactivate the use of a password to open my computer each time I use it? I have Windows10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeraldFisher1, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Deactivating the use of a password to open my computer

How do I deactivate the use of a password to open my computer each time I use it? I have Windows10

:)

GeraldFisher1, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Oriana.G Win User

unable to deactivate Windows log-on password

Hi HearaldPenkert,

I suggest trying with this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Change sign-in options.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one. Try this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    • Under Password, tap or click Change.
    • Verify the current password for your local account.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.
    I hope it will solve your issue.

Bye

Oriana.G, Jul 13, 2018
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Deactivating the use of a password to open my computer

deactivate having to enter a password on my computer every time I open it

Hi,

Supposedly, users are required a password specifically when signed in with a Microsoft account. You have the option to either switch to a local account instead or to disable the password prompt through
    netplwiz.

If you don't mind switching to a local account, here's what you need to do:

• Go to Settings, and then Accounts.
    • Under Your info, click on Sign in with a local account instead, and then go through the prompt.

Now, if you would still like to use your MSN account to sign in to Windows, follow the steps below on how to turn off the password prompt:

• Right-click on the Start button, and then select Run.
    • Type netplwiz, and then hit Enter.
    • In the Users tab, uncheck the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer, click
      Apply, and then OK.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Patricia Yu, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Deactivating the use of a password to open my computer

1. Deactivating the use of a password to open my computer - Similar Threads - Deactivating password open

2. Turned on my computer and cannot put my password to open windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turned on my computer and cannot put my password to open windows: Info is in the title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-on-my-computer-and-cannot-put-my-password/bba57f3e-262c-40a3-a095-7ddf1ba0cf1d
  3. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers: HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no...
  4. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers: HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no...
  5. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Problem opening computer with password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem opening computer with password: When I enter my password to open computer, I get an incorrect password six times in a row. The seventh time, the Welcome screen comes up. After a delay of a minute, a Incorrect password again comes up. after I enter the same password again, the computer finally opens. How can...
  7. Problem opening computer with password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem opening computer with password: When I enter my password to open computer, I get an incorrect password six times in a row. The seventh time, the Welcome screen comes up. After a delay of a minute, a Incorrect password again comes up. after I enter the same password again, the computer finally opens. How can...
  8. Problem opening computer with password

9. Forgotten password to open my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password to open my computer: I bought a new computer yesterday. Today, I turned it on and can't for the life of me, remember the password. I have tried every password I would or could have used...nothing. I used an old email address hotmail.comfrom yrs ago for the account, that I rarely, if ever use.....
  10. computer will not open. incorrect password .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer will not open. incorrect password .: computer will not open asks for password but is allways incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-open-incorrect-password/efec8b1b-5df2-450e-bd5d-047df791e92c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DEACTIVATING PASSWORD ON COMPUTER