Windows 10: Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life

Discus and support Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A while back I started a thread concerning my Toshiba laptop. One day it worked fine. Next day it wouldn’t even turn on, using either AC or battery.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life

A while back I started a thread concerning my Toshiba laptop. One day it worked fine. Next day it wouldn’t even turn on, using either AC or battery. Even the light on the front, showing connection to AC, remained unlit. Yep, she was completely dead. So, I went and bought a new HP laptop but kept the Toshiba in order to salvage the hard drive.

I asked a friend to assist me since he had the small tools necessary for the operation. We met at a local library to perform the job. On a whim, I plugged the Toshiba into a socket and voila, First thing I noticed was the AC light was lit, whereas it was dead before. I proceeded to turn the machine on and it fired up like it normally used to. My PC wasn’t subject to any jarring while en route to the library, so that couldn’t have been the fix. Besides, I had tapped on it several times to see if that would do anything. It remained completely dead.

Anyhow, I’m happy to have it back in working condition, although now I have 2 laptops but will never know the mystery behind the sudden resurrection of my Toshiba*Rolleyes

:)

Mr Ed, Jun 28, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 28, 2018
  3. serafin11 Win User
    Dead N96, only the scroll light comes on.

Dead N96, only the scroll light comes on.

Was ok last night, but this morning it wont work, it vibrates for a second and the light comes on around the centre scroll key and thats it.

Any suggestions greatly received

Thanks

serafin11, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life

I cannot delete or add apps to 'life at a glance'

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to add or delete apps to life at a glance?

Did you get any error when you try adding or deleting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods to add apps:

Method1:

• Open Start menu and Click All Apps.

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    Method 2:

• Drag the app from app list and drop the app in Life at a glance part.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the apps:

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Unpin from Start.

• The app will be deleted from Life at a glance.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life

1. Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life - Similar Threads - Dead Laptop Mysteriously

2. Giving life back to a heavily Bricked dead phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giving life back to a heavily Bricked dead phone: HiI have Alcatel Pop 4+ 5056D which is heavily Hard Bricked I'm trying to figure out how how to flash it again It has Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM 8909 CPU I'm trying to use EDL method But I can't find it's rawprogram, patch file on Stock ROM to get through. Is there any solution...
  3. Giving life back to a heavily Bricked dead phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Giving life back to a heavily Bricked dead phone: HiI have Alcatel Pop 4+ 5056D which is heavily Hard Bricked I'm trying to figure out how how to flash it again It has Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM 8909 CPU I'm trying to use EDL method But I can't find it's rawprogram, patch file on Stock ROM to get through. Is there any solution...
  4. Giving life back to a heavily Bricked dead phone

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My laptop seems completely dead but the only sign of life is the power button light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop seems completely dead but the only sign of life is the power button light: Basically, it all started while I was gaming on my laptop. It was a laptop for school/work, and I knew I shouldn't be gaming on it, but since we had some free time, I decided to have some fun. It was the last day of school, and it was also extremely hot, with temperatures...
  6. My laptop seems completely dead but the only sign of life is the power button light

My laptop seems completely dead but the only sign of life is the power button light: Basically, it all started while I was gaming on my laptop. It was a laptop for school/work, and I knew I shouldn't be gaming on it, but since we had some free time, I decided to have some fun. It was the last day of school, and it was also extremely hot, with temperatures...
  7. Dead Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead Laptop: So I'm trying to fix my mother's laptop that just stopped working about 3 weeks ago. Whenever she tried to turn it on it just sat at the preparing automatic repair screen and didn't do anything. So I was going to reinstall windows, but my question is, do I need to install the...
  8. Laptop battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery life: My laptop stays always stay at around 28%. How can I move it higher up so that it will last longer without the power cord ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/5e177013-db27-417b-b84b-b9a71ae490a6
  9. Mysterious Laptop programming

Mysterious Laptop programming: Hello I had issues I paid and 365Microsof office but i don't get use it properly These listing not work following listing : 1. Outlook 2 Operating system being writen off an other program 3 There were many un app around my website 4 My gmail account...
  10. dead laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    dead laptop: my laptop died ( a dell Inspiron 11) and i want to put it on my old computer. will the windows 10 licence carry over? or do i have to buy a new license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-laptop/f2d47516-a2b7-4aa7-838e-bf1f8e4a4533"