Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life

Discus and support Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A while back I started a thread concerning my Toshiba laptop. One day it worked fine. Next day it wouldn’t even turn on, using either AC or battery.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

A while back I started a thread concerning my Toshiba laptop. One day it worked fine. Next day it wouldn’t even turn on, using either AC or battery. Even the light on the front, showing connection to AC, remained unlit. Yep, she was completely dead. So, I went and bought a new HP laptop but kept the Toshiba in order to salvage the hard drive.

I asked a friend to assist me since he had the small tools necessary for the operation. We met at a local library to perform the job. On a whim, I plugged the Toshiba into a socket and voila, First thing I noticed was the AC light was lit, whereas it was dead before. I proceeded to turn the machine on and it fired up like it normally used to. My PC wasn’t subject to any jarring while en route to the library, so that couldn’t have been the fix. Besides, I had tapped on it several times to see if that would do anything. It remained completely dead.

Anyhow, I’m happy to have it back in working condition, although now I have 2 laptops but will never know the mystery behind the sudden resurrection of my Toshiba*Rolleyes

:)

Mr Ed, Jun 28, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 28, 2018
  3. serafin11 Win User
    Dead N96, only the scroll light comes on.

Dead N96, only the scroll light comes on.

Was ok last night, but this morning it wont work, it vibrates for a second and the light comes on around the centre scroll key and thats it.

Any suggestions greatly received

Thanks

serafin11, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Mohan Babu ER Win User

I cannot delete or add apps to 'life at a glance'

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to add or delete apps to life at a glance?

Did you get any error when you try adding or deleting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods to add apps:

Method1:

• Open Start menu and Click All Apps.

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    Method 2:

• Drag the app from app list and drop the app in Life at a glance part.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the apps:

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Unpin from Start.

• The app will be deleted from Life at a glance.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life - Similar Threads - Dead Laptop Mysteriously

2. Laptop USB 3.0 port is dead, no standard fix works (some oddities)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop USB 3.0 port is dead, no standard fix works (some oddities): I've been trying literally anything I can to fix this dead USB port for the better part of 5 months now and I just give up, so I ask for help! I've watched every video on youtube, read every wiki ehow, and (it feels like) every forum. Background and Details: I have an Asus...
  3. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update,...
  4. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now....
  5. All USB ports are dead, so I can't log into Windows 10

All USB ports are dead, so I can't log into Windows 10: I don't have any PS2 keyboards lying around, so all I have is a USB keyboard and USB mouse. The first time this happened, I had just plugged in my new LogiTech H390 headset into the USB port and everything kinda went downhill from there- all my USB ports crashed, so I tried...
  6. ASUS laptop suddenly shut down and looks completely dead

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS laptop suddenly shut down and looks completely dead: Hi, a friend of mine gave me a cheap ASUS X551CA laptop and asked me to install Windows 10, clean it, etc... I installed Windows 10 using a USB drive, all went correctly. Then I installed latest updates, but one of them, a big one, was always giving an error. I tried to...
  7. How do I install my 3 user Word 2007 on new laptop replacing dead one?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I install my 3 user Word 2007 on new laptop replacing dead one?: I do not need anything better for the odd letter, in fact earlier Word 2003 was OK. intended use of Autistic adult to compile his lists. My copy purchased new for approximately £90 has the official MS disk, for Office Home & Student 2007, and it was valid for up to three...
  8. Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead

Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead: Hi there Who said the laptop was dead -- Ms IMO have got this just right -- not cheap and very definitely a PRO machine - but well worthy as a MacBook competitor. Looks also a lot more rugged that the original tablet type "Vanilla" Surface Slab. Surface Book - The...
  9. replace dead hard drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    replace dead hard drive for laptop: Here is the situation My wife has a Toshiba laptop that crashed, the hard drive is done. I have done everything that I have been able to looking at tutorials etc to revive it, its dead jim. I even tried to wipe the hard drive and it would have none of it. My Toshiba laptop...
  10. Dead laptop want to recover data that was on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead laptop want to recover data that was on it: I was able to successfully recover my photos following @ and @spunk advice... Definitely has peaked my interest in learning and understanding computers a lot more *Thumbs Stick around TenForums then, there's a lot you can learn here. The Tutorials are an invaluable...