Windows 10: Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10 How to Add a Message at Sign-in for Users in Windows 10 In Windows, you can add a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10

How to: Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10

How to Add a Message at Sign-in for Users in Windows 10

In Windows, you can add a message that is displayed to users when the sign in. The message can have a title and text saying whatever you like.

The message will not display at sign-in after locking the computer.

The message will only display at sign-in at startup or after signing out.

The color of the message screen background will be the same color set by the selected user on the sign-in screen.

This tutorial will show you how to add a message displaying what you want at sign-in for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove a message at sign-in.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add or Remove Message at Sign-in in Local Security Policy
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Message at Sign-in in Registry Editor
    EXAMPLE: Message (middle) at Sign-in for users

Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove Message at Sign-in in Local Security Policy

*note The Local Security Policy will only be available in the Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise editions.

You can use Option Two below in any edition though.
    1. Open Local Security Policy (secpol.msc).

2. Click/tap to open Local Policies and Security Options in the left pane of Local Security Policy. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on to open its properties. (see screenshot below step 2)

4. Type the message text you want users to see, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note You can leave this blank if you do not want text in the message.

Leaving both Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on and Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to log on blank will remove the message at sign-in for users.

5. In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to log on to open its properties. (see screenshot below step 2)

6. Type the message title you want users to see, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note You can leave this blank if you do not want a title in the message.

Leaving both Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on and Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to log on blank will remove the message at sign-in for users.

7. When finished, you can close Local Security Policy if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Message at Sign-in in Registry Editor
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. In the left pane of Registry Editor, browse to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

3. In the right pane of System, double click/tap on the legalnoticecaption string value to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

4. Type the message title you want users to see, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note You can leave this blank if you do not want a title in the message.

Leaving both legalnoticecaption and legalnoticetext blank will remove the message at sign-in for users.

5. In the right pane of System, double click/tap on the legalnoticetext string value to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

6. Type the message text you want users to see, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note You can leave this blank if you do not want text in the message.

Leaving both legalnoticecaption and legalnoticetext blank will remove the message at sign-in for users.

7. When finished, you can close Registry Editor if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 6, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Unable to sign into Windows 10 User account.

Hi Josh,

For us to isolate your concern with signing in to your Windows 10 user account, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account upon trying to log in to your Windows 10 device computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting (a screenshot would be much appreciated)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How to sign in to Windows 10 as different User

Hi,

There are several ways that you can do to switch between your 2 accounts, such as going through
    Start menu, through Ctrl +
    Alt
    + Delete screen, through Sign-in
    screen or through Task Manager. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you connected to a domain or managed by Windows Server?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system settings prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps to switch user account:

• Click/tap on your desktop to make it the current focused (active) window, and press
      Alt + F4 keys to open Shut Down Windows window.
    • Click on the drop down menu and select Switch user.
    • You will now be taken to the lock screen to unlock.
    • It will show you the sign-in screen to select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Sign Message

2. Add a User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a User: On a second PC, I try to add a user MyselF as on other PC. Click on Settings. It shows the user on top left corner immediately - it is myself as I want, and I am an administrator. But what do I do then? Click on the photo does nothing. I can't see an OK.I created a folder for...
  3. No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account: User logged into Laptop using Personal MS account as edition was Home - so unable to log in with work account -; I then upgraded to Enterprise edition and removed personal account from device but did not have the option to add work account in other users - only option to add...
  4. No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account: User logged into Laptop using Personal MS account as edition was Home - so unable to log in with work account -; I then upgraded to Enterprise edition and removed personal account from device but did not have the option to add work account in other users - only option to add...
  5. No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Add users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add users: Hello everyone! I want to add another user to the computer in WINDOWS 10 and when I log in to add a user in the family and other people the window that opens just does not respond appears to me only white background .. Is there a way to reset it? Thank you!...
  7. Windows 10-----sign in and users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10-----sign in and users: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 1 laptop with windows 10 Home. This my 1st PC with win 10 home. With win 10 home, do you have to have a Microsoft account to sign into the computer/laptop? Or can you create local user accounts? I have win 10 pro on another...
  8. Add User sign on

Add User sign on: I am trying to add a User but logon fails with msg "The ProfSvc service failed the sign in. User Profile cannot be loaded" I created the new user via "Settings/Accounts/Family & other users users/ Add someone else to this PC" Regards John 36060
  9. Windows 10 add new user

Windows 10 add new user: I deleted my previous account as it was bugged due to them nice ppl at microsoft, not fixing their product that they advertised on my system for months. Now when I go into add new user, I get a flash of a window and it disappears *Think Any commands to add the new user?...
  10. Windows 10 Message....Add root failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Message....Add root failed: Message....Add root failed*Sad 16769