Windows 10: December Update for the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension

Discus and support December Update for the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At //Build this year we launched the C/C++ extension for Visual Studio Code. Keeping with the monthly release cadence and goal to continuously respond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

December Update for the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension

Read more: December Update for the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension | Visual C++ Team Blog

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

creating a desktop software program for windows

Software that will allow you to program applications is called an IDE (Integrated Development Environment)

The most extensive and complete of which is Visual Studio and you can download the Community Version for free !!

The free version is complete, with little or no limitations.

With Visual Studio, you can code in many programming languages C. C++ C#, F#, Visual Basic . .. etc.

Which programming language you use or learn depends on what you ultimately want to code, however Visual Studio now contains a framework called Xamarin. So you can program your application for Windows, Android, IOS all in a language of your choosing and Xamarin
    will convert it to native code for each device . . .

If you want my opinion (I have been a professional developer for 18 years):

Download Visual Studio Community from
    HERE

The language I would suggest is C#

So find a good book on C# programming:

A book I would recommend to anyone starting their coding journey is: deitel & deitel
    c# how to program

Take it slow through that book, do all the exercises, projects and tests and at the end you will have a working knowledge of C#

Some advice I will give you:

Coding is something you will either love or hate - you will know very quickly if it is something you want to do

If you do decide it is for you, it is a life long learning process, as the field of computing is constantly changing

It is initially frustrating, but ultimately extremely rewarding . . .

DaveM121, Dec 11, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Uninstalling in Windows 10

Hi!

That's the answer, re install Microsoft Visual C++. Visual Studio depends on it. Visual Studio will need to be uninstalled before Microsoft Visual C++. How many other programs do you have that depend on Microsoft Visual C++.

Teddy2016, Dec 11, 2016
Thema:

December Update for the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension

1. December Update for the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension - Similar Threads - December Update Visual

2. Visual studio code c++ compiler not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual studio code c++ compiler not working: Every time I click run build task this shows up, "The terminal process terminated with exit code: -1. * Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it. " I have removed and downloaded visual studio code and gcc-TDM multiple times with no results. I am using a...
  3. C/C++ extension doesn't show up in Visual Studio Code extension manager search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C/C++ extension doesn't show up in Visual Studio Code extension manager search.: There are some instruction on the Visual Studio Code website to configure VS Code for Microsoft C++. However, those instructions are wrong, considering that when you search for C++ in the search box of the extension manager, you can't find the C++ extension that they claim...
  4. CANNOT FIND C/C++ EXTENSION ON VISUAL STUDIO

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    CANNOT FIND C/C++ EXTENSION ON VISUAL STUDIO: [ATTACH]i have tried a various keyword to in the search but I coudnt find c/c++ extension on VISUAL STUDIO helppppp pleassseeeeee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-cc-extension-on-visual-studio/ee42f381-ccd8-4c99-ab5f-da51162e2a35"
  5. Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension June 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension June 2018 Update: Today we’re very happy to announce the availability of the June 2018 update to the C/C++ extension for Visual Studio Code! In this update, we are continuing our efforts to make IntelliSense configuration easier by auto-detecting compile_commands.json files for IntelliSense,...
  6. Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension July 2017 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension July 2017 Update: 2 million downloads! This is very exciting for the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension, considering it was just 4 months ago when we hit the 1 million milestone! Today we are shipping the July 2017 update to the extension. Besides several bug fixes, we are continuing to...
  7. Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension May 2017 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension May 2017 Update: Earlier this month, the C/C++ extension for Visual Studio Code hit another exciting milestone – it has been installed over 1.5 million times since it first shipped in March last year! Thanks to everyone who has sent us feedback to help us make it this far. We will continue to...
  8. Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension April 2017 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension April 2017 Update: Earlier today we shipped the April 2017 update to the C/C++ extension for Visual Studio Code. We are excited to introduce the following new features in this update: Error Squiggles Quick Info Go to Declaration Bash on Windows debugging support The original blog post has...
  9. Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension March 2018 update

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension March 2018 update: Today we are excited to announce the March 2018 update to the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension! This update includes improved auto-complete for local and global scopes and a simplified configuration process for system includes and defines, enabling a better out-of-box...
  10. Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension August 2017 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension August 2017 Update: Last week we shipped the August 2017 update to the Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension. Besides several bug fixes, this update includes a new command for resetting the IntelliSense database file and continued improvements to the new compiler-based IntelliSense engine. Thanks...