Windows 10: Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar

Discus and support Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar How to Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar When Game Mode is turned on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Gary, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar

How to: Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar

How to Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar

When Game Mode is turned on, Windows prioritizes your PC's resources so you get the best possible game performance.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, new options are now available for Game Mode that are expected to improve the gaming experience on desktop PCs. Gamers on PCs with many background processes may also see performance improvements when they toggle on Dedicate resources in Game bar on a per-game basis.

See also: Introducing the New Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off dedicating your PC's resources for greater performance possibilities on a per-game basis from the Game bar for your account in Windows 10.

*note Starting with Windows 10 17751:

"Thanks everyone who tried out and shared feedback about the performance visualizations we added to the game bar with Build 17692. Were taking them offline for now to re-evaluate the best possible approach going forward and work on giving you a great gaming experience on your PC."

Here's How:

1. While playing a game in Windows 10, press the Win+G keys to open the Game bar.

2. Under the Performance section, turn on or off (default) Dedicate resources for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 27, 2019
  3. dskiller Win User
    October Update Game Bar System Information

seems microsoft forgot they removed Dedicate resources on the game bar in 17751 build and listed it as a feature oct 2

https://www.neowin.net/news/microso...1-to-the-fast-ring-with-a-ton-of-improvements

"Thanks everyone who tried out and shared feedback about the performance visualizations we added to the game bar with Build 17692. We’re taking them offline for now to re-evaluate the best possible approach going forward and work on giving you a great gaming experience on your PC."

and was never mentioned again until

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ew-wip-at-home

"Game mode improvements
    New options are now available for Game Mode that are expected to improve the gaming experience on desktop PCs. Gamers on PCs with many background processes may also see performance improvements when they toggle Dedicate resources in Game bar."

there is no such option. cause they never added it back in

dskiller, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar

No game sounds in recording with windows 10 game bar

Hi Malay,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if game bar settings has changed.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is this issue specific to a particular game or all the game?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues
    and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Also I recommend you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about game bar and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-problems-with-game-bar

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar

1. Dedicate Resources to Game in Windows 10 Game Bar - Similar Threads - Dedicate Resources Game

2. Xbox Game Bar Update for Windows 10 - Introducing the Resources Widget

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Game Bar Update for Windows 10 - Introducing the Resources Widget: [ATTACH] As PC gamers, we know that customization and control of your games and your machine is core to the gaming experience. It’s why we’ve continued to evolve Xbox Game Bar and we’re sharing some new tools that help you manage...
  3. Game Bar Update: Introducing the Resources Widget

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar Update: Introducing the Resources Widget: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jk9o5w/game_bar_update_introducing_the_resources_widget/
  4. Windows 10 game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 game bar: Hello, I have had a problem that has been happening for a few days when the game chat in Xbox game bar keeps saying connecting. Is there a way to fix this? I have tried many different Youtube videos and nothing is working. Thanks...
  5. Windows 10 game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 game bar: Will the game bar ever show FPS and Ping? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-game-bar/5a2ace98-53dc-4237-8150-e1dcfb47808f
  6. Game Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game Bar Windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Game Captures folder and now I cant use Game Bar...How do I fix that...I reset the app and tried everything I could think of. Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-windows-10/a62190ae-e3a6-4d52-8c3b-2599a0c1365c"
  7. windows game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows game bar: Hi, when i try to open my game bar in fortnite to record a video i start my recording fine. When i want to stop the recording it takes another five minutes until it says its not responding, then stops the recording. When i go to review my video it is either laggy, or at the...
  8. Windows Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar: Has anyone tried to use the game bar with any success? I tried using it multiple times on Forza Horizon 4 and while I got the in game stutter to stop while trying to record with it, But the recording ends up being all choppy and not vary smooth. I've tried to record to my...
  9. Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar): I just discovered something that needed reporting. Several days ago my machine suddenly became severely crippled; almost like when you get a virus, or like you install a corrupted\poorly constructed program,. Everything virtually slow to a halt; my keyboard had a severe...
  10. View Game Performance with Game Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Game Performance with Game Bar in Windows 10: How to: View Game Performance with Game Bar in Windows 10 How to View Game Performance with Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and optimizing your PC for playall from one dashboard in Windows 10. Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, Microsoft added...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbxo game bar no dedicate resourses option