Windows 10: Default app icons the same after CU?

Discus and support Default app icons the same after CU? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I selected different apps, and then reselected these, and I even restarted, but the icons seem to be stuck on the Mail icon for default Windows apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bobby Phoenix, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Default app icons the same after CU?

I selected different apps, and then reselected these, and I even restarted, but the icons seem to be stuck on the Mail icon for default Windows apps like Maps and Photo viewer. Am I the only one?

Default app icons the same after CU? [​IMG]

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 12, 2017

2. why is the latest version of whatsapp not launching on my ascend w1?

i have tried resetting the phone several times set up phone as new but still same problem.whatsapp icon appears after download but just defaults to apps window upon launch.

elijohnwarren, Apr 12, 2017
  3. J.DD Win User
    Can't change default apps!

I had the same prob with this. Installed SumatraPDF, so I could use it as the default PDF viewer.

It didn't look like it had changed to SumatraPDF. But it did. The prob was the icon didn't change from the IE icon to the SumatraPDF icon

I had to kill explorer.exe then run it again to fix it (So, the PDF files I have had the SumatraPDF icon).

Which is not good enough. You shouldn't have to kill explorer.exe to get the right icon after you change the default app for a file format

4. Default app icons the same after CU?

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

Default app icons the same after CU?

1. Default app icons the same after CU? - Similar Threads - Default app icons

2. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  3. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  4. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App Icons have changed to Default Photo's App Icon..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Icons have changed to Default Photo's App Icon..: Hello, I've been recently having this issue that's changed some of the app's icons.. I believe the cause for this would be due to once when I changed the default app opener for .png files to another app which I downloaded online Paint.netAnd yeah.. after I did that it was...
  6. App Icons have changed to Default Photo's App Icon..

App Icons have changed to Default Photo's App Icon..: Hello, I've been recently having this issue that's changed some of the app's icons.. I believe the cause for this would be due to once when I changed the default app opener for .png files to another app which I downloaded online Paint.netAnd yeah.. after I did that it was...
  7. Default/blank app icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default/blank app icons on taskbar: About 50% of the time so far exactly every other time over several restarts I get the default application icons for anything I personally pinned to the task bar. This is a brand-new, fresh install of Windows 10 that I downloaded yesterday with the USB Creator Tool. I have...
  8. Default desktop apps icons gone

Default desktop apps icons gone: So for a long time, my default desktop icons have been invisible. Apps like settings, Microsoft Store, xbox and Minecraft have no taskbar icons. I have look everywhere to find a fix, but nothing ever works. Essentially I have no idea what apps I have open if there like this...
  9. Audio Taskbar Icon Unresponsive after 1909 18363.535 CU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Taskbar Icon Unresponsive after 1909 18363.535 CU: Anybody else seeing this? Before: [img] After: [img] This appears to be related to RealTek's Audio Manager ( shows as Dell Audio under task manager ) that once disabled in startup fixes the issue, and I can even start the manager manually afterwards with no ill...
  10. That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU

in Browsers and Email
    That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU: Has anyone figured a way to turn this crap off? [img] Yes, I know that Edge is Microsoft's "preferred" browser. No, I'm not interested. I need IE for work purposes because of legacy ActiveX components, so that annoying icon does no good. I'm trying to get the new...