Windows 10: Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

Discus and support Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the new Opera 36 Browser. I like the look of it and would like to trial it for a while. However when I attempted to set it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Yorky, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Yorky Win User

Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the new Opera 36 Browser. I like the look of it and would like to trial it for a while. However when I attempted to set it as default in Settings/Default Apps it will not accept the Opera Icon.
    I visited select defaults for Apps and ticked access for Opera but no use - Settings will not accept Opera.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thank you.

Panic over. After a restart Settings had accepted Opera - don't know why it hung.
    Thanks.

:)

Yorky, Apr 20, 2016

2. Using Opera as default browser in Window 10

Thanks Abdul - the problem persists but maybe with Opera 35 (I'll check on their website). In default browser, default apps by protocol and default apps by file type Opera comes up as an option but when 'selected' does not 'register' as a selection and
    the field remains unchanged.

E. R Clark, Apr 20, 2016
  3. BobbyG58 Win User
    Default browsers

I am running Win 10 1709 16299.248 64 Bit

MS Edge Browser

Internet Explorer Browser

Maxthon 5 5.1.6.3000 Browser

Opera 51.0.2830.34 Browser 64 Bit

When I try to change default browser in Settings or Control Panel, the only available Browser selections are Edge, IE and Maxthon 5.

Opera is not displayed for selection as a browser.

I logged out of my main Administrator account and logged into my secondary Administrator account. In the second account Edge, IE, Maxthon 5 and Opera are available for browser selection
    and I can select Opera for my default browser.

I have tried uninstalling Opera, rebooting and reinstalling Opera with no change. Opera is still not available for selection as a Browser.

Opera runs as it is supposed to run it just is not recognized in my main Administrator Account as an available browser for default.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, can you tell me how to remedy the problem in my main Administrator Account?

I am assuming this is a registry error in my main Administrator Account.

BobbyG58, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

1. Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser. - Similar Threads - Default Apps allow

2. Remove default browser selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove default browser selection: I am using Edge for work and Chrome for private browsing. As such, I would like to get the dialogue box asking what browser to use when I press a link. How can I achieve this? E.g. how can I remove the default browser setting in Windows 10?...
  3. Remove default browser selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove default browser selection: I am using Edge for work and Chrome for private browsing. As such, I would like to get the dialogue box asking what browser to use when I press a link. How can I achieve this? E.g. how can I remove the default browser setting in Windows 10?...
  4. Remove default browser selection

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  6. Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application

Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application: I have two versions of the same app. Currently, in Default Apps, the associated app is the wrong version and I need to change it. When I go to Default Apps and click to change it, it does not give me the option of the other version -- presumably because they are the same name...
  7. How to select 'browser apps' as default apps for opening documents/files?

How to select 'browser apps' as default apps for opening documents/files?: As most people know, browsers like Google Chrome and probably the new MS Edge can 'create' applications for some websites like Gmail, Outlook, OneNote, etc. I'm using a lot of these Apps, some of them are from Google, like Documents and Sheets. My question is, how I...
  8. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  9. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  10. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app: For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft...