Windows 10: Default browser change to Cyberfox

Discus and support Default browser change to Cyberfox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Only Firefox is listed in Windows 10 browser change options - would I be able to change to Cyberfox which I prefer. If so, how, please? 10843 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by figaro, Jul 30, 2015.

1. figaro Win User

Default browser change to Cyberfox

Only Firefox is listed in Windows 10 browser change options - would I be able to change to Cyberfox which I prefer. If so, how, please?

:)

figaro, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows forgets my default browser

This problem has worsened day by day. Like many other Windows 10 features, the behaviour changes daily.

For years I’ve used Firefox or a derivative as my default browser. Recently that has been Cyberfox. Between December and March, that was fine. However, in March, Windows forget that Cyberfox was my default. It vanished from the browser list, and Cyberfox
    then kept bugging me to set it as the default browser. I couldn’t, as it stopped showing up in the list.

When I clicked on a link in my email program (Eudora), I had to select my choice of browser each time. Strangely, if I selected ‘Internet Explorer’ (not Edge), Windows 10 would assume that that was Cyberfox, and the links would open correctly. However, IE
    doesn’t appear in my browser list, probably for the basic reason that it isn’t installed.

The list of browsers has been shrinking by the day. Edge, still installed, vanished from it today. Basically, it seems the list of browsers I can choose shrinks day by day and my actual choice won’t stick.

Default browser change to Cyberfox [​IMG]

The fourth image would look just like the first: no default is selected.

I have to say this is the most forgetful operating system ever. This isn’t the only place where Windows 10 has forgotten settings, or, for that matter, the choices I should have among those settings. I’m surprised your own Edge browser is no longer in that
    list.

So: what is the solution? Is there a registry tweak somewhere?

Jack Yan, Jack Yan & Associates, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Divio Win User
    Winhlp32 for Windows 10

Hm... - on my computer, the download is blocked either by Windows Defender or by my Cyberfox browser saying that this file contains malware or spyware...

Divio, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Default browser change to Cyberfox

Have you tried the default settings in the CP? Do you also have Firefox installed? It's possible Cyberfox is Firefox to Windows.

cyberrufus, Jul 30, 2015
  5. figaro Win User
    Win10 not downloaded yet. But I've seen the choice page to change the default browser in 10 and it does not include Cyberfox - only Firefox.

figaro, Jul 30, 2015
  6. figaro Win User
    figaro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Default browser change to Cyberfox

1. Default browser change to Cyberfox - Similar Threads - Default browser change

2. how to change the default browser on the

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change the default browser on the: browser ? hello i would LIKE to know where to change the default browser on GOOGLE CHROME PROGRAM thank you for your kind help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-default-browser-on-the/6fa78613-0f52-466b-97c5-9d620ff84f80
  3. Changing The Default Browser . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing The Default Browser . .: Firefox . . . Is, my default browser. When, I click on my email. It opens, with Firefox. I have, other browsers. But I just, installed, 360 Extreme Browser. I'm trying, to make it, the default browser. So, I clicked on my email, link. It, opened using, the Firefox...
  4. Change the default browser

Change the default browser: When I go to settings and click on Apps and choose Default apps I am unable to pick any other browser except Edge or Internet Explorer. There is an option to choose an app from the Microsoft Store but that doesn't help. I am running Windows 10 HOme version 1909 OS build...
  5. Changing default browser

Changing default browser: I have Lenovo and want to change default browser. Please help me change the default browser. Thank you Brian M. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-browser/21f4bddc-91ea-43d5-93e4-cc52d6c8d8cc
  6. change default browser

change default browser: I cannot change my browser and home page and start up to google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-browser/5623d04e-53f8-4346-8946-0057ef02fcbe"
  7. Cyberfox Web Browser Flash Is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cyberfox Web Browser Flash Is Missing: I am testing out Cyberfox web browser it is a Firefox clone this browser is missing flash player where do I get a copy of it for this browser?? Flash is already installed on the computer I just need to get it working for this browser.
  8. Change default browser

Change default browser: MSW10 won't let me change the default Browser to Chrome. I've attached 3 screenshots showing that: 1. Chrome isn't an option when I try to "choose an app" in the default apps section of settings. 2. Nor is Chrome available in the MS App Store. 3. Chrome isn't even listed...
  9. How to Change the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to Change the default browser: Hi everyone. I want to share this video tutorial that i make, It teaches you how to change the default browser in Windows 10 *Smile [MEDIA] oULwD72rlWE Bye! 34695
  10. Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser

in Windows 10 News
    Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser: Toady, the lead developer of Cyberfox proclaimed the death of the web browser in an article entitled Cyberfox and its future direction. Cyberfox is a Firefox-based browser that is available as processor-specific builds, in classic and Australis styles. It ships with...