Windows 10: Default browser hassle

Discus and support Default browser hassle in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; have set my default browser to IE11 but every time I open a link eg from email I get a window pop up asking if I want to keep using this default... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Default browser hassle

have set my default browser to IE11 but every time I open a link eg from email I get a window pop up asking if I want to keep using this default program and even though there is a box to tick saying always use this app, the annoying box still pops up! By heck they are pushing this edge thing.

:)

woldsweather, Jul 31, 2015

2. Internet connection keeps dropping out on Windows 10

Hi, Lou:

I uninstalled Windows 10 and then re-downloaded and installed the latest version.

That solved my problem.

I also downloaded and now use the Google Chrome browser as my default browser instead of IE Explorer or MS EDGE.

But now, I'm thinking about switching to the Firefox browser, as Flash player keeps crashing on Google Chrome. But that's just a minor hassle at this point.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

John

J M Stevenson, Jul 31, 2015
  3. unable to play videos after Windows 10 upgrade

I have a better idea. I will save myself all the hassle and use the Google Chrome browser or Firefox browser, that have no such problems.

TomMoore_766, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Trumplert Win User

Default browser hassle

Trumplert, Jul 31, 2015
  5. woldsweather, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Default browser hassle

1. Default browser hassle - Similar Threads - Default browser hassle

2. Admin Hassles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin Hassles: Have just done a fresh install And I was the Admin after the restart comp reverted back to the normal Admin. And now I have lost all my folders under my Admin account Is there a way to get them all back safe I am under win 10/ 64...
  3. Admin Hassles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin Hassles: Have just done a fresh install And I was the Admin after the restart comp reverted back to the normal Admin. And now I have lost all my folders under my Admin account Is there a way to get them all back safe I am under win 10/ 64...
  4. Admin Hassles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Default Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  6. Webcam Hassles.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Hassles.: How do I make my integrated webcam work again when its driver cannot be found in the device manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-hassles/938552e1-5b8b-4479-b0cc-14b27d96e9df
  7. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and, Comodo Ice Dragon, browsers. I use, Comodo Ice Dragon, as my default browser. My question is, is it possible To use, a different browser for different things? For...
  8. What a Hassle . . .

What a Hassle . . .: When I run a movie, or type in a new movie. I use Vex movies. I get a screen with the below words. What's worse. It takes 42 seconds to run. When the message is done, the run is stopped. When, I click to start it. The message is repeated. It would do this over and over. So, I...
  9. What a Hassle . . .

What a Hassle . . .: But sometimes, when I run a movie, or type in a new movie. I use Vex movies. I get a screen with the below words. What's worse. It takes 42 seconds to run. When the message is done, the run is stopped. When, I click to start it. The message is repeated. It would do this over...
  10. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...