Windows 10: Default Browser is not working

Discus and support Default Browser is not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My browser stays on the last web page I looked at. If on Facebook last then that browser comes up instead of Google which I require. 83443 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by scottishlady, May 2, 2017.

1. Default Browser is not working

My browser stays on the last web page I looked at. If on Facebook last then that browser comes up instead of Google which I require.

:)

scottishlady, May 2, 2017
  2. krizanand Win User

Default web browser not working, skyfire is

I reckon you have a 5800, if yes, then its a well known problem, bug etc you name it. I dont know if this has been rectified in the new firmware better update the device firmware if its available for your product code.

krizanand, May 2, 2017
  3. Default web browser not working, skyfire is

Back up contacts, messages, etc etc and type *#7370# into the dialer. I have an XM 5530 and this worked fine. But I suggest Opera MIni, Opera Mobile, or Skyfire over the native browser.

mattbutsko, May 2, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Default Browser is not working

What browser are you using?

wyldman68, May 2, 2017
  5. prikker Win User
    If Firefox: settings, Show windows and tabs from the last time, or show homepage. If Chrome: settings, continue where you left or open a specific page or pages. Edge: settings, last page or specific page or pages.

prikker, May 2, 2017
  6. I want Google as my browser and opening page. I think it is Edge that keeps opening up

scottishlady, May 2, 2017
  7. prikker Win User
    You need to set Google as your standard browser instead of Edge.

prikker, May 2, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Open Settings. In its 'find a setting' search box type default browser and click on the link it finds. Here you can chose which browser will open as your default browser.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Default Browser is not working - Similar Threads - Default Browser working

2. Changing default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default browser: I have Lenovo and want to change default browser. Please help me change the default browser. Thank you Brian M. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-browser/21f4bddc-91ea-43d5-93e4-cc52d6c8d8cc
  3. Change default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default browser: MSW10 won't let me change the default Browser to Chrome. I've attached 3 screenshots showing that: 1. Chrome isn't an option when I try to "choose an app" in the default apps section of settings. 2. Nor is Chrome available in the MS App Store. 3. Chrome isn't even listed...
  4. Default browser

Default browser: How do I switch from Google Chrome default browser to Microsoft as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/6255b248-ac49-4454-a0bf-10d421086da9
  5. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...
  6. Default Browser

Default Browser: i cant change default browser when i change default browser settings display hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/default-browser/4e82e26c-6efb-49c6-b8ee-fdffafe8797c
  7. Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser: I am having a problem whereby my default browser keeps changing from IE11 back to either Edge or blank. Can someone suggest why this might be happening or what program is causing it to change? I thought it maybe the Windows Auto Update that keep changing but am now not so...
  8. Default Browser - EI11

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser - EI11: Sorry for basic dummies question. Recently taken advantage of upgrade from Win7 and would like to make IE11 open as my default browser. If Edge must take precedence how can I have IE open at start up?*Sad Regards, 40000
  9. Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser: I have Internet Explorer set as my default browser. Each time I click on a link to website (often in an email) Windows asks which App to use to open the link. I highlight "Internet Explorer" and check the box "Always use this App" Sure enough the next time I click on a...
  10. Default browser hassle

in Browsers and Email
    Default browser hassle: have set my default browser to IE11 but every time I open a link eg from email I get a window pop up asking if I want to keep using this default program and even though there is a box to tick saying always use this app, the annoying box still pops up! By heck they are pushing...