Windows 10: Default Browser is not working

Discus and support Default Browser is not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My browser stays on the last web page I looked at. If on Facebook last then that browser comes up instead of Google which I require. 83443 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by scottishlady, May 2, 2017.

1. Default Browser is not working

My browser stays on the last web page I looked at. If on Facebook last then that browser comes up instead of Google which I require.

:)

scottishlady, May 2, 2017
  2. krizanand Win User

Default web browser not working, skyfire is

I reckon you have a 5800, if yes, then its a well known problem, bug etc you name it. I dont know if this has been rectified in the new firmware better update the device firmware if its available for your product code.

krizanand, May 2, 2017
  3. Default web browser not working, skyfire is

Back up contacts, messages, etc etc and type *#7370# into the dialer. I have an XM 5530 and this worked fine. But I suggest Opera MIni, Opera Mobile, or Skyfire over the native browser.

mattbutsko, May 2, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Default Browser is not working

What browser are you using?

wyldman68, May 2, 2017
  5. prikker Win User
    If Firefox: settings, Show windows and tabs from the last time, or show homepage. If Chrome: settings, continue where you left or open a specific page or pages. Edge: settings, last page or specific page or pages.

prikker, May 2, 2017
  6. I want Google as my browser and opening page. I think it is Edge that keeps opening up

scottishlady, May 2, 2017
  7. prikker Win User
    You need to set Google as your standard browser instead of Edge.

prikker, May 2, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Open Settings. In its 'find a setting' search box type default browser and click on the link it finds. Here you can chose which browser will open as your default browser.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Default Browser is not working - Similar Threads - Default Browser working

2. default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default browser: Was using edge but after seeing how you change the default browser settings, I'll never use it again.Going back to chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/4723a7df-2e34-4e4a-85cc-588ce3500c1b
  3. Default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default browser: I just loaded Win10 on a new hard drive and then downloaded Firefox. I was asked if this was my default browser and I answered yes,however every time I open it I get the same question about default browser. Can this be turned off or something? Thanks...
  4. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  5. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and, Comodo Ice Dragon, browsers. I use, Comodo Ice Dragon, as my default browser. My question is, is it possible To use, a different browser for different things? For...
  6. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: Problem with the Default Browser . . . . I have a, Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro.. The browsers, I have installed: Internet Explorer Google Chrome Mozilla Firefox - Just installed. Internet Explorer is currently, my default browser. I would like to make, Mozilla...
  7. Default Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Browser: I have a Windows computer and it won't let me choose the default browser as chrome!! I reset it to chrome so many times but Yahoo keeps showing up when I search up something in a new tab.......
  8. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...
  9. Default Browser

Default Browser: i cant change default browser when i change default browser settings display hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/default-browser/4e82e26c-6efb-49c6-b8ee-fdffafe8797c
  10. Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser: I have Internet Explorer set as my default browser. Each time I click on a link to website (often in an email) Windows asks which App to use to open the link. I highlight "Internet Explorer" and check the box "Always use this App" Sure enough the next time I click on a...