Windows 10: Default browser settings suddenly not working on my Windows 10

Discus and support Default browser settings suddenly not working on my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Every time I have to close and reopen my default browser, which is Firefox 60.0.1, a popup window comes up asking if I want it set to Firefox as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeghanElizondo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Default browser settings suddenly not working on my Windows 10

Hi,

Every time I have to close and reopen my default browser, which is Firefox 60.0.1, a popup window comes up asking if I want it set to Firefox as my default browser and then in brings up the Default Apps Settings window. This started about the end of June 2018. First, Firefox is already set to be the default browser app in Windows 10>Settings>Apps>Default Apps Settings. Second I didn't make any substantial changes before this started. Just the default updates for Windows 10, Firefox, Office 365 Home. I use Windows Defender for my anti-virus software. Where and what should I be looking for to find/fix the problem?

Thank you!

:)

MeghanElizondo, Jul 11, 2018

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Set as default browser in one click

Hi,

To set SRware Iron as your default browser, kindly follow the steps provided on the article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10
    . If SRware Iron is not listed, you can set it through
    Set defaults by app. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Start button.
    • Type in Default app settings.
    • In the search results, select Default app settings.
    • Click Set defaults by app.
    • Click the program SRware Iron from the list.
    • And then, click Set this program as default.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Default browser settings suddenly not working on my Windows 10

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Default browser settings suddenly not working on my Windows 10

1. Default browser settings suddenly not working on my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Default browser settings

2. cant set default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant set default browser: each time i update chrome it switches my browser to yahoo and doesnt let me change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-default-browser/ffc10c08-25a5-4794-8192-a9736afe2257
  3. cant set default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant set default browser: each time i update chrome it switches my browser to yahoo and doesnt let me change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-default-browser/ffc10c08-25a5-4794-8192-a9736afe2257
  4. Set default browser to alternative browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set default browser to alternative browser: In the "Set Default Apps" settings page, there is no possible way to select a browser that is not either on the Windows store or has large userbase like Chrome. You used to be able to use Control Panel for this, but you changed that to just redirect to the same Settings page...
  5. Default Browser Setting

Default Browser Setting: I want my default browser to be Chrome. I change it in settings from Edge to Chrome, then when I re-boot, it goes right back to Edge. How do I make the change permanent?...
  6. set chrome as default browser

set chrome as default browser: how to set chrome as default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-default-browser/620d5e83-ab61-4586-93dc-eb5244b96387
  7. set CHROME as my default browser

set CHROME as my default browser: Since, CHROME is not in the MicroSoft "App Store" how do you set CHROME as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-my-default-browser/f21285f8-fc6b-4e5f-97ef-380d306de7b5
  8. set firefox as default browser in windows 10

set firefox as default browser in windows 10: I have firefox installed and use it as my browser. I want to set it as my default browser in Windows 10 but it does not appear as an option in the browser selection box. How do I get it into the browser selection box?...
  9. Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  10. Default Browser is not working

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser is not working: My browser stays on the last web page I looked at. If on Facebook last then that browser comes up instead of Google which I require. 83443