Windows 10: Default Edge Start Screen or MSN

Discus and support Default Edge Start Screen or MSN in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Preface: I actually think the default Edge Start Screen is a version of MSN. I've been happily using Edge's default start screen yet am giving... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Aug 17, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Default Edge Start Screen or MSN

Preface: I actually think the default Edge Start Screen is a version of MSN.

I've been happily using Edge's default start screen yet am giving consideration to MSN's start screen. Opinions please.

:)

lpatrick, Aug 17, 2017

2. Edge Home Screen won't change

I have changed my home screen in the advanced setting, but it has no effect when I open or close edge. I still get the default MSN home page.

christinagormley, Aug 17, 2017
  3. home page/new tab

You mean customize the default "start" page which is essentially some MSN web page? (about:start)

Within the limits of the page itself, sure. Not likely what you want to do, though. I would suggest just changing your startup page(s) [tabs] to the ones you WANT - specific pages. The "MSN Powered" start page is fairly limited in customizations.

Essentially, what Edge loads by default is some MSN web page dashboard-like thing. It is not very customizable.

Shenan Stanley, Aug 17, 2017
Thema:

Default Edge Start Screen or MSN

1. Default Edge Start Screen or MSN - Similar Threads - Default Edge Start

2. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  3. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  4. MSN premium and Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN premium and Microsoft Edge: Is there a way to change MSN premium to Microsoft Edge? When I use my Email account in MSN premium I other get a notice that it can't run in Microsoft Edge because it run Explore....
  5. MSN Premium with Microsoft Edge

MSN Premium with Microsoft Edge: I have MSN Premium. How can I get MSN Premium with MSN Mail on Microsoft Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-premium-with-microsoft-edge/487e1434-1e2f-4bb0-8d2a-450e1554f4fe
  6. Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile: I'm on Edge Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit). I am using the Edge profiles feature to enable connectivity, bookmarks, cached credentials, etc., in order to connect to different environments for different customers of mine. I have a default profile 'Default' for...
  7. MSN EDGE WONT SAVE IMAGE

MSN EDGE WONT SAVE IMAGE: MSN EDGE CANNOT SAVE IMAGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-edge-wont-save-image/f7f45a6d-2a23-475b-ba65-804efd09e128"
  8. Default full screen in edge & explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default full screen in edge & explorer: Hello. Can anyone guide me how (if possible) to open file explorer and microsoft edge by default in full screen and not use f11 everytime to do it? If developers are answering and if it is not possible yet, is microsoft working on it ?...
  9. MSN Homepage using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    MSN Homepage using Edge: A few days ago my MSN homepage stopped showing all images. About 10% of images will show but the rest are just greyed out boxes. I've tried disabling Tracking, turned off my antivirus (Defender), turned off the firewall, disabling Flashplayer........ but nothing seems to do...
  10. Setting Start Screen as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Start Screen as default: Just downloaded Windows 10. So far early days, but... I am irritated by the "Windows 8" apps screen, set as my default. It shows all the tiles I need and seems to work well enough, but if (for example) I go into emails and then want to come out, I'm taken back to the start...