Windows 10: Default Email program

Discus and support Default Email program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I want to set Mozilla Thunderbirds as my email default client on MS Win 10 Pro , but I cant as this is no option in settings, neither when I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NPSafety, Jul 26, 2018.

1. NPSafety Win User

Default Email program

Hello

I want to set Mozilla Thunderbirds as my email default client on MS Win 10 Pro , but I cant as this is no option in settings, neither when I go to Store. What can I do ?
    Thanks

:)

NPSafety, Jul 26, 2018

2. "There is no associated email program to perform the requested action,install an email program or,if one is already installed,create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

Hello,

I suggest you to create an ssociate in the default apps and check if this helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From left pane select Default apps.
    • Under Email choose a default app and check if this helps.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Trouble shoot default email program in Windows 10

Hi Bobby,

Windows Mail is an email and newsgroup client included in Windows 10. To make sure that Windows Mail is set up on your system, you may follow the steps provided in this
    article. You may also check the troubleshooting steps included in the link provided.

As an additional help, you may refer to these steps on how to set Windows Mail as your default email program:

• Press Windows key + R and type winmail /reg.
    • If you get an error message, type "C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail" /reg.
    • Click OK and wait for ten seconds to finished the process.
    • Open Control Panel and go to Programs.
    • Select Set your default programs.
    • Highlight Windows Mail under Programs.
    • Click Set this program as default and press OK.

Let us know if the recommended resolution works for you.

Joan Pin, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Default Email program

Problem related to default email program.

Email program (by default in windows 10) is working fine on my laptop but the error massage is showing all the time.

• This issue starts when I upgraded my windows 10 version 1511 to the version 1703.
    • I have changed only some settings to the default settings from control panel. as shown in screenshots.

Default Email program abbb5c1e-2035-4cb5-ae80-060e9867f6d7.jpg

Default program setting in control panel.

Default Email program af74dd02-a62d-4503-801d-9cd91129797a.jpg

Default program association.

Default Email program 8aa71a63-93fe-439a-8a1a-ca4ae87d32ea.jpg

• I didn't take any troubleshooting steps for this, because I don't know what to do with this.

Thanks.

Ashutosh Ramola, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Default Email program

1. Default Email program - Similar Threads - Default Email program

2. Error message related to not having a default email program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message related to not having a default email program: I recently downloaded a third party software to view a .pst file as I do not have Outlook installed on this computer. That software seems to work fine.However, ever since I installed the program, I am receiving this sporadic but persistent error message in a pop-up where the...
  3. Error message related to not having a default email program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message related to not having a default email program: I recently downloaded a third party software to view a .pst file as I do not have Outlook installed on this computer. That software seems to work fine.However, ever since I installed the program, I am receiving this sporadic but persistent error message in a pop-up where the...
  4. windows default email program on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows default email program on windows 10: There have been several posts regarding this, and several answers, none of which answered the original question.In Windows Explorer, right click on the file you want to send, select send to->mail recipient. Get message:"There is no email program associated to perform the...
  5. no default email program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no default email program: I have used Thunderbird for my email for years. Suddenly windows 10 tells me I have no default email program. I checked and Thunderbird is set as the default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-default-email-program/9f4074a3-8bfd-4ef7-9daa-924d0bc06067
  6. default email

in Windows 10 Customization
    default email: my default email is Thunderbird mail. I have it set to default. I have a video that I want to send to someone in my email list when I right click on the video and click sent to mail recipient it says there is no email associate for this . Does it not work in...
  7. Windows doesn't respect default email program setting

Windows doesn't respect default email program setting: I have a Surface Pro, it is fully updated. I have office 365, with Outlook installed. The default email program is set to the Windows 10 email client. It is not set to Outlook from Office. If I open folder with pictures in it with Windows Explorer. I right click on a...
  8. windows default email program on windows 10- there is none!!

windows default email program on windows 10- there is none!!: I try to send photos from software that I use and I always get the msg, there is no email associated, please install an email program or create one in the default programs control panel, Windows 10 just has "mail" there is NO default to choose from. When is Windows /...
  9. Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working: I have tried for ever to be able to email a photo from "photos" windows explorer, I've tried changing the default app in settings with no luck, what am I doing wrong?? can you help me with any sugestions...
  10. change default email program ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default email program ?: how to change default email program from outlook to win 10 app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-email-program/b146b8b3-2491-48c1-bcc0-499ac61cfc82"