Windows 10: Default Gateway

Discus and support Default Gateway in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm cracking up trying to find a definitive solution for this damn problem. My windows 10 desktop PC, says the Default Gateway is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rjm41, Nov 26, 2016.

1. rjm41 Win User

Default Gateway

Hi everyone, I'm cracking up trying to find a definitive solution for this damn problem. My windows 10 desktop PC, says the Default Gateway is not available. I've checked my Ethernet cable, tried all the solutions I've found online. It's such a pain because you don't know when the connection to the web will drop off. So frustrating. So I'm hopping you lovely people will help. Maybe point me to where there is a solution that I could follow.
    Cheers.

:)

rjm41, Nov 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Wifi ''Default gateway not available'' problem

I have gone through the link but it does not offer any help if there is not default gateway listed. Under default gateway it lists nothing. Please help.

ANGELAGABBERT, Nov 26, 2016
  3. No internet found after switching WLAN connection, Default Gateway not updating

After the previous update on my Lenovo Z51 running windows 10, I've found that switching he wi-fi connection to any other network causes the network to appear to have "no internet connection". Troubleshooting the network fixes the problem with the message
    "default gateway not available - fixed". This happens every time I switch networks regardless of which network I connect to or whether I've connected to that network before. The problem seems to be that the default gateway doesn't update when the network is
    switched.

Here is the "default gateway" part of the "Wireless LAN Adapter" output of
    ipconfig
    during different conditions:

Normal, working connection to network 1:

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1%18

After connecting to network 2, no internet found:

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

After running network diagnostics, "default gateway not available - fixed":

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

After connecting again to network 1, no internet found:

After running network diagnostics, "default gateway not available - fixed":

What seems to be the problem and is there any way to fix this? I am constantly moving around and frequently have to connect to different WLANs.

Ethernet connections do not seem to be affected

The laptop is dual booted with Linux, which has no problem switching networks, hence the
    network interface card is working fine

AniketPande, Nov 26, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Default Gateway

Welcome to the forum. When you get that does the router still have a internet connection and does the port light on the router show the pc port connected. Have you tired setting an static ip you can ge this if your dhcp lease is very short. Open a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all post results

Samuria, Nov 27, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    It means exactly that. Nothing to laugh about when the computer cannot find the network gateway. Majority of these issues are caused by human error, with third party security software, not updates to Windows.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Default Gateway

1. Default Gateway - Similar Threads - Default Gateway

2. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The default gateway is not available.: I just recently reset my computer removed all my files, and during the setup, the computer connected, but I have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter but it couldn't resolve my issue. I've tried multiple solutions but they all didn't work. I've tried enabling and...
  3. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The default gateway is not available.: I just recently reset my computer removed all my files, and during the setup, the computer connected, but I have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter but it couldn't resolve my issue. I've tried multiple solutions but they all didn't work. I've tried enabling and...
  4. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Error message: default gateway not available, Win10

Error message: default gateway not available, Win10: I use mobile internet modem, 4G+ . Wifi connection is repeatedly lost, I have to run connection repair tool of Windows each time, then it works – sometimes only for a few seconds! Wifi Signal sometimes gets very-very weak, but newer equipments can handle these drop-outs. It...
  6. Error message: default gateway not available, Win10

Error message: default gateway not available, Win10: I use mobile internet modem, 4G+ . Wifi connection is repeatedly lost, I have to run connection repair tool of Windows each time, then it works – sometimes only for a few seconds! Wifi Signal sometimes gets very-very weak, but newer equipments can handle these drop-outs. It...
  7. Error message: default gateway not available, Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows not using default DHCP gateway

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not using default DHCP gateway: On our subnet we have 2 routers one on 192.168.0.251 and a back one on 192.168.0.1. Computers vitual Windows Server 2016/2019 and physical Windows 10 are configured via DHCP to use 192.168.0.251 as the gateway and "ipconfig /all" displays this in the "Default Gateway" field....
  9. Windows not using default DHCP gateway

Windows not using default DHCP gateway: On our subnet we have 2 routers one on 192.168.0.251 and a back one on 192.168.0.1. Computers vitual Windows Server 2016/2019 and physical Windows 10 are configured via DHCP to use 192.168.0.251 as the gateway and "ipconfig /all" displays this in the "Default Gateway" field....
  10. Windows not using default DHCP gateway