Windows 10: Default Icon Size - Pin to Start

Discus and support Default Icon Size - Pin to Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the default icon size for the apps that are pinned to the start? I only ever use the small ones, and not that I do it a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trisha CM, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Trisha CM Win User

Default Icon Size - Pin to Start

Is there a way to change the default icon size for the apps that are pinned to the start? I only ever use the small ones, and not that I do it a lot but it's super annoying when I do a clean up and have to resize every app I pin.

:)

Trisha CM, Aug 5, 2018
  2. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Default Icon Size - Pin to Start prob.jpg

psyko12, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Default Icon Size - Pin to Start - Similar Threads - Default Icon Size

2. What is the default size for the Windows 10 start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the default size for the Windows 10 start menu?: Seems like no one has asked this yet, but what is the default height and width for the Windows 10 start menu? How do you change to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-size-for-the-windows-10-start/8035af07-f82f-4e55-ae15-6d379b24a538
  3. Custom size start menu pins?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom size start menu pins?: Why can't we have pins on start bar that are one and a half medium fields in size? submitted by /u/obscure_greenleaf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrscd9/custom_size_start_menu_pins/
  4. How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?: Similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/how-do-i-change-the-default-file-explorer-view-to/4dad9764-dcab-420d-bd4e-99301e037be2 The most common advice is go to View > Folder Options > View tab > Apply to Folders, but that...
  5. Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View"

Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View": I was wondering if there was a way to change the size of "tiles" in Windows 10? Not the start menu tiles but the tiles that are displayed under the "View" option for files and folders. I'd only want to be doing this specifically for the "My PC" folder in file explorer as I...
  6. corrupt / default icons on start page

in Windows 10 Support
    corrupt / default icons on start page: i can only see icons if the apps are on an internal drive. apps that are on an external drive i don't see the correct icons. they all look the same and i have to resize them from small to medium so i see the app's title. i'm running the latest Windows 10 build.. v1809...
  7. Return Desktop Icon size to default

Return Desktop Icon size to default: The desktop icon size suddenly increased by a factor of 4. How do I return them to the default size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-desktop-icon-size-to-default/d620ba2a-4acc-4c1a-ad0c-87c052143f7d
  8. Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.: I've googled and binged, I've Duck souped and magellaned.... Surely Microsoft isn't so dimwitted so as to not provide the opportunity to set a default tile size (I prefer small) for start menu tiles. Or the ability to mass-resize (shift-click - something) so that the start...
  9. Start panel icon size

Start panel icon size: There are various sizes available for buttons on the Start panel. I've created a bunch of icons for some of my folders. When I resize them to small on the Start panel they are only about ¼" square, but I note that many of the supplied app icons take up the whole ½" square...
  10. How to change the size of the icon on the Start Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the size of the icon on the Start Screen: As shown in the Picture below, How to I make the icons for the tiles on the start screen the same size as the tile itself? As you can see the Risen 3 icon is the full side of the medium square wher as the rest of the games the icon is smaller and centered. Is it also possible...