Windows 10: Default Pictures Folder is Gone

Discus and support Default Pictures Folder is Gone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, my picture folder is in "Quick Access" pinned. When I go into the properties of the Photos folder that is pinned in "Quick Access", I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ErraticFox, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Default Pictures Folder is Gone

For some reason, my picture folder is in "Quick Access" pinned. When I go into the properties of the Photos folder that is pinned in "Quick Access", I look at the locations tab and it says it's in my User Folder. Though it does not appear inside of the User Folder, whereas Documents, Music, Downloads, and Videos folders are. I've unchecked "Hidden Items" and it's still not there. Now, if I type in the directory manually it opens as if it's there. On the left pane in the Windows Explorer where "This PC" is at, I have two Documents. One has the regular icon, the other has a picture icon. When I click on either of them, they take me to the Documents folder.

As you can see below somewhat of my predicament. Any help of how to get my pictures folder back to normal in "This PC" and my User Folder would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have just realized my Documents folder icon inside the User Folder has the "One Drive" icon. I am not sure as to why that is as I've disabled One Drive completely on my computer. Extremely frustrating.

P.P.S. I deleted the "Documents" folder that has the Pictures folder icon and it deleted my actual Documents folder as well.

Default Pictures Folder is Gone [​IMG]

:)

ErraticFox, Dec 30, 2015

2. Folder customization reverts back.

I have been changing my folder icons to a specific picture to show what's inside that folder (using an image from within the folder). Following instructions online

I used customize, then choose 'optimize the folder' for pictures, selecting the picture I wanted,

Then under the section 'folder icons' choosing 'restore defaults' and OK

I also tried omitting this last step as it didn't seem to make any difference but either way

The picture on the folder icon changes to the required one, but then, at some later point,
    returns to the default setting and the picture is gone.

any ideas?

JulieAlsaady, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Cant find files after windows 10 upgrade

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. It's not the windows old files I'm after, but the New files stored on the default W10 startup profile. The windows.old folder loaded automatically, but not until I had already setup and downloaded content into the "download"
    folder on W10 default profile. Where has this gone? IT's still there somewhere as the pictures are appearing on the screen saver! Help!

nathan-collins, Dec 30, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Default Pictures Folder is Gone

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Default Pictures Folder is Gone

1. Default Pictures Folder is Gone - Similar Threads - Default Pictures Folder

2. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  3. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  4. The Pictures Folder Is Gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    The Pictures Folder Is Gone.: The latest windows update basically deleted my pictures folder and I want to know how to get it back, I have tried numerous software but all of them are demos and I don't want to have to pay millions of dollars or whatever in order to get it, please help. 174753
  5. OneDrive - "Pictures" Default Folder Names and Purposes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - "Pictures" Default Folder Names and Purposes: 1. Can you explain what type of files and/or pictures get automatically uploaded to the default sub-folders that appear in the “Pictures” folder of OneDrive? a. Camera Imports photos uploaded from camera sim cards? b. Camera Roll photos uploaded from iPhone? c....
  6. Pictures are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures are gone: Must of had an update yesterday or day before. My lay out is all wrong and my pictures have disappeared. Finally was able to remember my pass word to sign back in but still can not figure how to get my pictures back !! Are they gone for good! Hate up dates being forced on me!...
  7. Pictures gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures gone: Leave it to Microsoft to muck everything up for you. And why do they insist on forcing people to do or use this or that? It is always about money-not for the convenience of the customer. After buying a new computer, keep on being forced to use one drive. So where are my...
  8. Restore all folder picture defaults at once?

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore all folder picture defaults at once?: Even after Adobe's "fix" for this issue, .pdf thumbnails remain a problem in 64 bit systems (ie: pretty much all of them now). Adobe Reader will finally generate thumbnails (most of the time), but they often show up as blanks in the thumbnail of the folder they are in. You...
  9. Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting: Hi, But of a weird one here, basically I've been doing some serious customisation to my media folders.. I've arranged everything where I want them from movies to TV and animated TV. I've even go as far as to put artwork on all folders.. For example in my marvel folder I've...
  10. Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting: Hi, But of a weird one here, basically I've been doing some serious customisation to my media folders.. I've arranged everything where I want them from movies to TV and animated TV. I've even go as far as to put artwork on all folders.. For example in my marvel folder I've...