Windows 10: Default Power plans deleted, need restore

Discus and support Default Power plans deleted, need restore in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I messed up at some point when trying to configure my power plans and I got the default plans "High performance" and "Power saver" deleted. I wish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sonamsopmist, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Default Power plans deleted, need restore

Hi, I messed up at some point when trying to configure my power plans and I got the default plans "High performance" and "Power saver" deleted. I wish to restore them. I've already looked in reset and restore power plans to default setting section of tutorials in this forum, and tried typing "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes" on cmp, but all that did is delete all custom plans I made and reset the "Balanced" default plan. That is the only plan I have now. Any solutions or links, please?

:)

sonamsopmist, Jan 15, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE error or bug

A couple of things to try:

1. Check to see if your screen saver is set to "Blank." If so, change it to "None."

2. If you have tried to change the Power Plan settings and nothing helped then here is how to fix the problem:

• Type in Windows search Power Sleep
    • Scroll down to Related Settings -> Additional Power Settings
    • Click on the Choose When to Turn of the Display link from the left column.
    • Click on the Restore Default Settings for this Plan
    • If it this doesn't fix the problem or the Restore Default Settings for this Plan is disabled then continue to step 6
    • Click the Change Advanced Power Settings
    • In the new window click the Restore plan defaults button.
    • If this doesn't fix the problem or the Restore plan defaults button is disabled then continue to step 9
    • Select a different Plan (High Performance or Maximum Performance).
    • Then click the Restore plan defaults button.
    • Click OK and this should fix the corrupt power plan.
    • Now you can change or tweak the Power plan settings according to your needs, or completely disable the Sleep mode.
    I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Jan 15, 2018
  3. JShafran Win User
    Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

I checked my Power Plans, I deleted a hibernation plan I created. Then I restored the balance plan to default(which I can't delete this plan)

I check there was an windows updated which I did.

I tried to put my system into hibernation and when I can place it was like a fresh load no apps were open.

JShafran, Jan 15, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

Default Power plans deleted, need restore

Did you really mess things up or have you merely updated to Ver 1709? In Ver 1709, Power saver & High performance power plans are disabled.

If you click on your Taskbar [System tray] power icon, you'll probably now see this -

Default Power plans deleted, need restore [​IMG]

Windows 10 now seems to be moving in the direction of 'adjusting' a single core power plan [called Balanced] instead of relying on having different plans for different circumstances. There is some useful information in

Change Power Mode Level [slider] - TenForums
    Power plans disappeared after Windows 10 Fall update (1709) - Super User
    Missing Power Plans on Dell Laptop after FCU Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    New power settings [Ver 1709] - RawInfoPages
    Customize the Windows performance power slider - Microsoft Docs
    Introducing Power Throttling - Windows Experience Blog
    Introducing Power Throttling - TenForums

You can still create your own custom power plans if you want to so you can create power saver & high performance equivalents.

Denis

5. That display I only noticed yesterday, but the plans I deleted about a month ago. thanks anyway

6. A ok I kinda found a solution, I create a new custom plan and naming it accordingly when choosing a basic plan

7. Steve C Win User
    I have v1709 on my Dell laptop but I only see the reduced functionality settings shown below. How do I get the correct settings? I haven't installed any Dell power plan utilities.

Steve C, Mar 2, 2018
  8. Try3 Win User

Steve,

Customize the Windows performance power slider - Microsoft Docs - "The slider will appear on a device only when the Balanced power plan, or any plan that is derived from Balanced, is selected."

In Enable or Disable Power Throttling - TenForums, Shawn says, "Power Throttling is currently available only for processors with Intel’s Speed Shift technology, available in Intel’s 6th-gen (and beyond) Core processors – Microsoft is working on expanding support to other processors as well over the next few months.".

Denis

Try3, Mar 2, 2018
  9. Steve C Win User
    I only have the Balanced power pan but not a 6th gen CPU. Is that why I don't see a slider?

Steve C, Mar 2, 2018
  10. Try3 Win User
    Steve,

I think you would be better off asking Shawn in that tutorial or even as a fresh question of your own [the title of this current thread is not going to attract the attention of those who might have studied power throttling to a greater degree].

I have just checked my oldest [13 year old] Windows 10 computer and it shows the slider. It is a Pentium M and it has SpeedStep. So the roll-out to which Shawn refers must have taken place.

Denis

Thema:

1. Default Power plans deleted, need restore - Similar Threads - Default Power plans

2. How to restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 Power Plans to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 Power Plans to default?: This is how you can restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 power plans to default: Open Windows PowerShell and copy and paste in this command: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes then press Enter in your keyboard. Then check the Windows Power Plans restored to default all of them...
  3. How to restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 Power Plans to default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 Power Plans to default?: This is how you can restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 power plans to default: Open Windows PowerShell and copy and paste in this command: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes then press Enter in your keyboard. Then check the Windows Power Plans restored to default all of them...
  4. Restore default power plans in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore default power plans in Windows 10?: Hi, I have no idea how my power plans don't exist anymore, but I need to restore all my power plans. I tried using these command lines in Admin Windows PowerShell and in Admin command prompt, but they didn't work. [ATTACH] Any ideas?...
  5. I'cant delete my power plan!

I'cant delete my power plan!: When i first bought this computer there is no "Ultimate Performance" plan choice, and i search for this for internet to how can i add Ultimate Performance plan. I was told to write this plan to cmd "powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00–03f14749eb61" and i did....
  6. restore plan default option greyed out

restore plan default option greyed out: Please help me guys after the update to 20h2 my pc won't shutdown or hibernate now i just wanna reset the power plan but the option is greyed out pls give me a solution to get it back [ATTACH]...
  7. How to restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Power Plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or achieve a balance between the two. In this post, we will [...] This post How to...
  8. Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10: How to: Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10 How to Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize...
  9. Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10: How to: Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10 How to Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is...
  10. Delete Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Delete Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Delete a Power Plan in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is also known as a power scheme. You can create custom power...