Windows 10: Default printer in OpenOffice

Discus and support Default printer in OpenOffice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, We're having a problem with setting a default printer in OO. Every time we select a printer; after the program is shutdown and starts up again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diirko, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Diirko Win User

Default printer in OpenOffice

Hi,

We're having a problem with setting a default printer in OO. Every time we select a printer; after the program is shutdown and starts up again it reverts to the XPS Writer as default. I've already unchecked the box that loads the printer settings per document, to no avail. We had this problem in 4.1.1 and still experience it in 4.1.2. Is there perhaps an .xml file or something that can be edited to fix this problem?

Note: I do not experience this on other OS's (Win7 & 8)

:)

Diirko, Jan 10, 2016

2. Printing Using Microsoft Apps under Windows 10

Any Microsoft (Reader, EDGE, OneNote...). No error just the print window showing my printer with circling dots "connecting". Other non Microsoft apps (Firefox, OpenOffice...) are able to print just fine, however files that have been saved with Reader
    for example do not view correctly with Firefox or OpenOffice.

StihlDragon, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    How to bypass spooler on wireless HP8610

Did you use the following options when installing these Drivers and Software for the HP8610?

Try right-clicking on the actual Driver or Setup.exe and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

This is my reasoning in prompting you to try Elevation, or the Built-in Administrator.

"It seems that the "Run as administrator" command only gives you some administrative privileges, and they're not enough to install Java (and OpenOffice, by association). In order to get around this, you need to actually log into the built-in administrator".

This still holds true and is worth remembering.

Windows 7: The difference between the default “administrator” and other users,

The difference between the default “administrator” and other users, Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Is the HP8610 a Network Printer, and is there only one HP8610 listed in Devices and Printers? Is it set as the Default Printer?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Printer and Software?

Linney, Jan 10, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Thema:

1. Default printer in OpenOffice - Similar Threads - Default printer OpenOffice

2. OpenOffice Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OpenOffice Installation: Hello Everyone Can someone out there tell me what I'm doing wrong? Iv'e just downloaded and installed Open Office 4.1.11 on my desktop computer, operating on Windows 10, but for some reason the shortcut icon on the desktop is not correct. Can someone tell me how I can change...
  3. Default Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Printer: How do I make a certain printer the default printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-printer/8d906102-564e-40e9-969c-4f608bcb0622
  4. OneDrive Win 10 OpenOffice files default

OneDrive Win 10 OpenOffice files default: One Drive Default OpenOffice files. I want OneDrive files to default to OpenOffice files in Files Explorer and OneDrive Backup. I have no interest in using online Microsoft Office applications nor OpenOffice applications. Please include instructions. As an alternative,...
  5. Default printer

Default printer: Why has my default printer disappeared in Control Panel Device and Printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-printer/ed5219fa-0857-40de-81eb-4f66121336d2
  6. printer default

printer default: I have a Lenovo laptop. I'm trying to print and the settings are set to printer default offline. How do I change this to on? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/bb06e599-ac40-40da-9eb3-f7ef18ba8998
  7. printer default

printer default: undefault the printer It won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/d060e7f7-0537-4b26-9714-83bb57ce3d74
  8. OpenOffice Security message

OpenOffice Security message: Received this E-Mail today: -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA256 CVE-2016-6804 <CVE - CVE-2016-6804> Apache OpenOffice Advisory <https://www.openoffice.org/security/...2016-6804.html> Title: Windows Installer Execution of Arbitrary Code with Elevated...
  9. Using OpenOffice

Using OpenOffice: I've been using MSWord for years. I am now using OpenOffice Writer. With the dozens of files I made with Word which have a file extension of DOC or DOCX. If I click on one of those files it will open MSWord but I want them to open OpenOffice Writer by default. How do I do...
  10. default printer?

default printer?: Any ideas why W10 doesn't approve of me setting my Canon printer as the default printer? 54591