Windows 10: default printer?

Discus and support default printer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any ideas why W10 doesn't approve of me setting my Canon printer as the default printer? 54591 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tinmar49, Jun 27, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

default printer?

Any ideas why W10 doesn't approve of me setting my Canon printer as the default printer?

:)

tinmar49, Jun 27, 2016

2. BROWSER HACK VIRUS

I am not using any other antivirus. Only Window defender. Please help me its very annoying.

And I couldn't see any safesearch named software installed. It may be some other virus.

Mr. Default, Jun 27, 2016
  3. Do I have a virus? Please read..

The other day whilst doing science homework (researching neuroplasticity), i clicked a website which i thought was going to help me (i do not know what website as i have cleared my history thinking it could help and if something did happen that it wouldn't
    get any of my passwords) and it came up saying something about malware or security issues and i had my sound on and it kept repeating something about my security being not safe or something like that. I opened task manager and clicked end task to Microsoft
    edge. A bunch of things that i had never opened were in my 'Apps' section (i can't remember what they all said but they were all the same i think they may have been COM Surrogate i have had issues with that as well in task manager since read on and ill talk
    about it) and i clicked end task to each. I opened Microsoft Edge again and quickly exited the tab before it loaded, i then went and cleared my history and passwords. After that i was worried that i had a virus so i ran a quick scan on windows defender it
    said nothing was wrong, I then ran a full scan and it said nothing was wrong again.

I then went on task manager again to see all these COM Surrogate things in the background processes section, after about a second they all disappeared except two which are currently still there. I have no idea if they used to be in task manager before any
    of this happened.

Today, my laptop was being a bit slower than usual and (I'm sorry my memory is terrible at the moment) i was looking on images for something as a background for my English work and i was switching between that on Microsoft Edge and Word, it looked like it
    glitched or something because it looked like word and images had merged together. After getting home from school I searched if COM Surrogates are viruses since i have no idea and I read something on this website saying it could be a virus and found an app
    called Microsoft Safety Scanner, i downloaded it did a quick scan nothing came up, i then did a full scan. During the Full scan my laptop went black, i thought it just went to sleep but when i hit the space bar to unlock it, it stayed on for a second, and
    then went off again and reappearing at where i was up to in my password, it did this 2-3 times throughout the scan and stopped when i plugged my laptop in to it's charger. The scan finished saying that there was no viruses or anything detected. It says at
    the bottom 'If you continue to experience issues, please ask the community or submit a support case.' So that is what i am doing, as i am writing this everytime i need to backspace something it is very slow and frustrating and takes forever to backspace, I
    do not know if it is to do with whatever is going on with my laptop or if it is the website, but if it's the website it needs to be fixed.

Anyway, please help me and tell me if this is a virus and tell me how to fix it if it is.

Thankyou,

<Edited by the Moderator>

Default username_107, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

default printer?

1. default printer? - Similar Threads - default printer

2. Why is it so DIFFICULT to simply select my default printer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it so DIFFICULT to simply select my default printer in Windows 11?: Recent changes with Win 11 are making it very difficult to simply "select a DEFAULT" printer. Maybe I am missing something, but I had to do the following: Select SETTINGS; PRINTERS & SCANNERS; Select my Printer by NAME; THE NORMAL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL THEN SIMPLY FAILS AND...
  3. Why is it so DIFFICULT to simply select my default printer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it so DIFFICULT to simply select my default printer in Windows 11?: Recent changes with Win 11 are making it very difficult to simply "select a DEFAULT" printer. Maybe I am missing something, but I had to do the following: Select SETTINGS; PRINTERS & SCANNERS; Select my Printer by NAME; THE NORMAL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL THEN SIMPLY FAILS AND...
  4. How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune: Hi, I'm trying to deploy printers for users in organization with Intune. Is it even possible to set the printers for users without doing it manually in settings? I've been using this source: Learn how to configure and publish Microsoft Universal Print for Windows 365 cloud...
  5. How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune

How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune: Hi, I'm trying to deploy printers for users in organization with Intune. Is it even possible to set the printers for users without doing it manually in settings? I've been using this source: Learn how to configure and publish Microsoft Universal Print for Windows 365 cloud...
  6. How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable: I know that I can navigate to:User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printersand enable:Turn off Windows default printer managementbut this does not prevent users, applications, things from re-enabling it.Is it possible to prevent this setting from...
  8. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable: I know that I can navigate to:User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printersand enable:Turn off Windows default printer managementbut this does not prevent users, applications, things from re-enabling it.Is it possible to prevent this setting from...
  9. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 11 how to display current default printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 how to display current default printer?: I tried to find the view of the current default printer and came up with:Windows Tools/Control Panel/Device Manager/Printers - select printer, right click properties, click Settings TAB Click the Devices and Printers Folder button to see the printersIs there a means to see a...