Windows 10: Default Programs??

Discus and support Default Programs?? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm making a Windows 10 Pro image and I want to make some programs I installed from the administrator account to be default for all users that sign in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Daniel13djb, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Default Programs??

I'm making a Windows 10 Pro image and I want to make some programs I installed from the administrator account to be default for all users that sign in from our active directory. Is this possible just by using the admin account??

:)

Daniel13djb, Jan 26, 2016

2. BROWSER HACK VIRUS

I am not using any other antivirus. Only Window defender. Please help me its very annoying.

And I couldn't see any safesearch named software installed. It may be some other virus.

Mr. Default, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Do I have a virus? Please read..

The other day whilst doing science homework (researching neuroplasticity), i clicked a website which i thought was going to help me (i do not know what website as i have cleared my history thinking it could help and if something did happen that it wouldn't
    get any of my passwords) and it came up saying something about malware or security issues and i had my sound on and it kept repeating something about my security being not safe or something like that. I opened task manager and clicked end task to Microsoft
    edge. A bunch of things that i had never opened were in my 'Apps' section (i can't remember what they all said but they were all the same i think they may have been COM Surrogate i have had issues with that as well in task manager since read on and ill talk
    about it) and i clicked end task to each. I opened Microsoft Edge again and quickly exited the tab before it loaded, i then went and cleared my history and passwords. After that i was worried that i had a virus so i ran a quick scan on windows defender it
    said nothing was wrong, I then ran a full scan and it said nothing was wrong again.

I then went on task manager again to see all these COM Surrogate things in the background processes section, after about a second they all disappeared except two which are currently still there. I have no idea if they used to be in task manager before any
    of this happened.

Today, my laptop was being a bit slower than usual and (I'm sorry my memory is terrible at the moment) i was looking on images for something as a background for my English work and i was switching between that on Microsoft Edge and Word, it looked like it
    glitched or something because it looked like word and images had merged together. After getting home from school I searched if COM Surrogates are viruses since i have no idea and I read something on this website saying it could be a virus and found an app
    called Microsoft Safety Scanner, i downloaded it did a quick scan nothing came up, i then did a full scan. During the Full scan my laptop went black, i thought it just went to sleep but when i hit the space bar to unlock it, it stayed on for a second, and
    then went off again and reappearing at where i was up to in my password, it did this 2-3 times throughout the scan and stopped when i plugged my laptop in to it's charger. The scan finished saying that there was no viruses or anything detected. It says at
    the bottom 'If you continue to experience issues, please ask the community or submit a support case.' So that is what i am doing, as i am writing this everytime i need to backspace something it is very slow and frustrating and takes forever to backspace, I
    do not know if it is to do with whatever is going on with my laptop or if it is the website, but if it's the website it needs to be fixed.

Anyway, please help me and tell me if this is a virus and tell me how to fix it if it is.

Thankyou,

<Edited by the Moderator>

Default username_107, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Default Programs??

Microsoft Edge is trying to be my PDF viewer and this will not work within our domain with printing. As each page is tracked. Plus emailing attachments with Microsoft outlook will only work with IE, I need to set these as defaults along with VLC player for any users that sign in.

Daniel13djb, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

Default Programs??

1. Default Programs?? - Similar Threads - Default Programs

2. Unable to Change Default Program for File Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Default Program for File Type: Hi, I'm having trouble changing the default program associated with a specific file type on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to change it via the "Open with" option or through the Control Panel, the changes don't take effect. The file type remains associated with the...
  3. Unable to Change Default Program for File Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Default Program for File Type: Hi, I'm having trouble changing the default program associated with a specific file type on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to change it via the "Open with" option or through the Control Panel, the changes don't take effect. The file type remains associated with the...
  4. Unable to Change Default Program for File Type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....
  6. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....
  7. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

8. How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...: How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is already set for Visual Studio Code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-set-the-xaml-default-program-for-visual/763c3a3e-8a80-4088-bf38-d5d656e8cb88
  9. How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...

How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...: How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is already set for Visual Studio Code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-set-the-xaml-default-program-for-visual/763c3a3e-8a80-4088-bf38-d5d656e8cb88
  10. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...