Windows 10: Default route nonsense

Discus and support Default route nonsense in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any network experts here that can tell me what on earth my system is doing? Today I noticed that I cannot ping anything on my network. I took a look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by altae, Aug 8, 2016.

1. altae Win User

Default route nonsense

Any network experts here that can tell me what on earth my system is doing? Today I noticed that I cannot ping anything on my network. I took a look into the routing table and found out that there is a route 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 interface 127.0.0.1 ????? Really, what miracle, you cannot connect to anything within 192.168.1.0 through the loopback adapter? What a surprise! I can delete it but the system creates it again with every reboot. So I've fixed it by entering a permanent static route to 192.168.1.0 through the correct network interface. But this is only a workaround. Can somebody tell me how to permanently get rid of that idiotic entry?

:)

altae, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Striknine Win User

Make standard keyboard layout as default in Windows 10.

I agree we should have the option to default to standard keyboard. This is nonsense!!

Striknine, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Maps 3.08 - bad route calculation engine

@farby:

Just to be clear:

1st. case: http://nka.fi/UvAPT. This is the
    correct fastest route. This is how Maps 3.06 (either with Route Selection set to the default 'fastest' or if set to 'Optimized') and Nokia Maps web site calculate the route. Maps 3.07 and 3.08 do calculate the route this way, but only if Route
    Selection is set to 'Optimized'. But then again, the route calculate this way on Maps 3.07 is showed on Nokia Maps web site as seen on the 2nd. case below. Not acceptable at all!

2nd. case: http://nka.fi/3dRy3. This is NOT the fastest rout. This is how Maps 3.07 and Maps 3.08 calculate the route if the default Route Selection parameter is set to the default 'fastest'.

Regards.

bearshare---01, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Default route nonsense

Samuria, Aug 8, 2016
  5. altae Win User
    Here are the results...

altae, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    I would say the problem are around the fact your using a proxy AVKProxy so everything will be routed via the proxy you can stop it sc stop "AVKProxy"
    sc config "AVKProxy" start= disabled

Samuria, Aug 8, 2016
  7. altae Win User
    I don't use no proxy. Everything that runs under the name "AVK" belongs to the AV/ Firewall.

altae, Aug 8, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Default route nonsense

192.168.1.0 is the routing table for all IP's below it. 192.168.1.1/24 is the IP that computers use to connect to the Gateway to get their IP lease from. 127.0.0.1 is for Local Host. If it is working, do not change anything. Otherwise you will break the routing table.

bro67, Aug 8, 2016
  9. altae Win User
    127.0.0.1 is the loopback adapter. It's impossible to connect to the LAN through the loopback adapter. Traffic to the LAN needs to go through the interface that is connected to the router (gateway).

altae, Aug 8, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    You did not even read what I had posted. 127.0.0.1 is looked at by any host as the "Localhost", not Loopback. It is also how the OS checks to make sure that the adapter is enabled or disabled.

As long as you see in Routes and on the adapter, that you have a proper IP Scheme and your Gateway Address is 192.168.1.1, it will work. The Gateway handles all routing of all traffic, even if you have the device set with a Static IP.

If you are running a Firewall, it can cause no traffic to go outside of the computer to the Gateway.

bro67, Aug 8, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Your routing table is all jacked up. You have the VMware set for 192.168.195.1, which means that if you are trying to connect to it, you will never be able to from another machine. If you are using the Fritzbox for handling any routing and firewall, you need to go check those settings.

bro67, Aug 8, 2016
  12. altae Win User
    The VMWare entry is not relevant here, that's the entry for the host only network. I don't use that, my virtual machine is directly connected to the router in bridged mode. The VM's internal ip is assigned by the router (static ip) and it's 192.168.1.172. What's more the VM's connectivity works flawlessly so we can leave that aside.

Once more, I'm talking about the entry that sends all traffic form my PC to an address within 192.168.1.0/24 through the interface that is referred to as 127.0.0.1 which would be the loopback adapter. The entry is marked with a red arrow in the attached image. To circumvent it I need to create a permanent static route, marked with yellow arrows in the same image. What's more there is a second image showing the list of interfaces on my system which should also clarify that it's the interface that is the problem, not the destination. It's completely ok for the routing table to contain an entry for localhost. But it's not ok to route traffic to the LAN through the loopback adapter (interface 127.0.0.1).

Default route nonsense [​IMG]

Default route nonsense [​IMG]

altae, Aug 9, 2016
  13. Samuria Win User

Default route nonsense

I was very clear your running a proxy

GÿDATA file system monitor
    GÿDATA Personal Firewall
    GÿDATA Scanner
    GÿDATA Scheduler
    GÿDATAÿANTIVIRUS Proxy

Here it is in services running
    AVKProxy.exe 3516 Services 0 6'708 K

Samuria, Aug 9, 2016
  14. altae Win User
    Like I said, that service belongs to the GData Internet Security suite and has absolutely nothing to do with my issue. I uninstalled GData Internet Security only to show you that the problem persists without that service. The attached log was taken after I had uninstalled GData. You can see, the service AVKProxy.exe is gone from the log but the routing table has not changed, even after several reboots. The only thing that has changed is the manually added permanent static route which I've removed for testing purposes. Thank you for your input but this is definitely going into the wrong direction.

reg.txt

altae, Aug 9, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    Sorry but the Fritz Box is relevant if you are using it to handle the network routing and Firewall. Also whatever you keep stating about the GData Security is also why nothing is working properly. Instead of not working with Samuria and fighting his help that he is volunteering his time to help you out with your issue, start working with him and allow him to walk you through why nothing is working properly.

bro67, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

Default route nonsense

1. Default route nonsense - Similar Threads - Default route nonsense

2. new Chrome nonsense

in Browsers and Email
    new Chrome nonsense: winver 21H1 This link now shows up at the bottom when I open Chrome. How can I block all extra links and notices at the bottom and still leave the gmail link I added? (above the "informative" link that Google forced on me; it is a another, different annoying link if I use...
  3. moronic update nonsense

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moronic update nonsense: How do i turn off this trash update pop up garbage that freezes my screen while i am in the middle of something else? why would it come up randomly after the computer has been on for an hour? are you that stupid ?...
  4. Stupid bluetooth nonsense

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stupid bluetooth nonsense: Hi, I recently updated to what was at the time the most updated version of windows 10 and since then have been experiencing weird, incredibly annoying bugs with my bluetooth headset. At random times, it will disconnect the device, and will then not be able to reconnect to...
  5. Route to the remote station with win route table

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Route to the remote station with win route table: Hello, I have three pc's: - Local PC with an ip 192.168.1.100 - Remote PC_1 with an ip 192.168.2.100 - Remote PC_2 with an ip 192.168.2.101 I would like to access remote pc_2 via remote pc_1. On the local pc and remote pc_1 i have enabled routing in the registry. Windows ip...
  6. Nonsense Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nonsense Updates: Every day I get an update and nothing changes when they are installed. As soon as I start up my computer again after installing an update, it says I have to install another update. I have lost work and downloads have been canceled as well all due to constant updating. It...
  7. Windows 10 with two default route with same metric

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 with two default route with same metric: Recently I faced a scenario where the routing table had two entries for default route and that too with same metric. After doing some research, I found that if we configure same adapter metric manually for WiFi and Ethernet then we will have two default route with the same...
  8. scenic routes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scenic routes: What does the change of color (blue to dark blue) and solid line to dash indicate on scenic routes in the Map app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_maps/scenic-routes/ac3bbb2e-5a87-43b3-8ae9-f2a49f874cb2
  9. Auto route

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto route: I an trying to run Autoroute on an Asus machine with Win 10 and get a message saying "your registry settings for this application were not copied correctly". This occurs when the program in installed from its original discs or from a new works disc. I think it previously ran...
  10. Print routing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print routing: I have three printers attached to my main work computer. Each printer is used for different jobs A - Epson R1900 for high quality inkjet englargement printing B - Canon Selphy for passport, ID and index printing C - Canon MX-496 for plain paper document printing...