Windows 10: Default 'send as' email address

Discus and support Default 'send as' email address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Staff have their own email address (name@) and 'send as' permissions for another one (info@). Is it possible to set a default send as address so the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DorseyUK, Nov 29, 2015.

1. DorseyUK Win User

Default 'send as' email address

Staff have their own email address (name@) and 'send as' permissions for another one (info@).

Is it possible to set a default send as address so the employees don't accidentally email from their own account when i'd prefer them to use info@ by default? I see when you're replying to an existing email it automatically uses the correct email address but I worry about brand new emails that are created.

:)

DorseyUK, Nov 29, 2015

2. Outlook.com Default "From" address and Windows 10 Mobile email app

I have a problem with sending email from Windows 10 Mobile mail app. On my Microsoft account, I have an @outlook.com email address set as my primary alias, but I have an @gmail.com email address set as my default "From" address in the settings under "Your
    email accounts." It is my understanding that with this setup all emails I send from my Outlook.com account will be from the @gmail.com alias, whether I send it from the Outlook.com website, my Windows 10 PC mail app, or from my Windows 10 Mobile phone mail
    app.

The problem is, the Windows 10 Mobile email app is not using the alias that I set as the default "From" address. It is currently using the primary alias, no matter what I set as the default "From" address. I even tried changing my default alias to the @gmail.com
    alias, but that totally messed up the syncing of my Windows 10 Mobile email app, until I reset the primary alias back to the @outlook.com alias.

Additionally, the Windows 10 Mobile email app is displaying a deleted alias in the "From" field of new emails, although it does not actually send the email from that alias.

Since the current email app is crippled by not being able to specify the alias you want to send from, it is particularly important that it be able to properly send from the alias specified in Outlook.com as the default "From" address.

InTheBoilerRoom, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Email on WindowsPhone change who its from/which alias?

The Default "From" address will be used when emails are sent using a device or email program.

To send using a different address when using a phone or email program, you have to login and change the Default "From" address. In your case the primary alias is also the Default "From" address.

Consolidating only works well if you login using a browser or use the Windows 8 Mail app.

Ron Sommer MVP, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Default 'send as' email address

1. Default 'send as' email address - Similar Threads - Default 'send as'

2. How to change the default sending email in win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default sending email in win10?: My default email address used for sending mail is Windows's "Mail" program. How can I change that [say to Gmail]? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-default-sending-email-in-win10/88b5b262-15e3-4ddd-903e-84d8c2bc182c
  3. How to change the default sending email in win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the default sending email in win10?: My default email address used for sending mail is Windows's "Mail" program. How can I change that [say to Gmail]? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-default-sending-email-in-win10/88b5b262-15e3-4ddd-903e-84d8c2bc182c
  4. How to change the default sending email in win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft keeps sending email and receipts to old address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft keeps sending email and receipts to old address: Hello, I've searched and searched for a direct way to contact MS on this issue. My last hope is asking here. Microsoft sends any email communications to a very old yahoo address I don't use anymore though I still have access, even though the only address registered with my MS...
  6. Send Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Recovery Password is Coming in...

Send Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Recovery Password is Coming in...: Goodbye Old MicrosoftHello New Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-email-recovery-password-is-coming-in-august/19ea6460-50f9-49fc-8ed3-c071fdda447a
  7. Change Default Windows Email address

Change Default Windows Email address: Hey guys, I've been trying for hours to change my default windows login for my laptop. The only option its giving me is to change which account is an administrator but there doesnt seem to be an option for deleting the default email address and adding a new one. Im not...
  8. Default login email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Default login email address: Hi, I recently created a new email and was wondering if I could switch the default email address while keeping all my data and such. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-login-email-address/d4a53151-c770-4cbc-bc66-31ad689e707d
  9. sending scam emails from my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sending scam emails from my email address: my email address is sending out scam emails thousands of them ive recently updated my security information and cannot change my password until 23/5/20. I can see the emails in my sent folder, I have been in contact with outlook support and although they have checked my...
  10. My Default Mail will not send emails.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Default Mail will not send emails.: When I prepare an email in my default MAIL, then click SEND, a message states there was an error in sending your message NOT SENT. How is this corrected....