Windows 10: Default View 'Large icons'

Discus and support Default View 'Large icons' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by convul, May 19, 2018.

1. convul Win User

Default View 'Large icons'

W10, Office 2016.
    Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view.
    I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed anything.
    I seem to remember reading that this sequence doesn't work with Libraries, which I think Documents is.
    I would appreciate advice, thanks.

:)

convul, May 19, 2018
  2. HWLochner Win User

Windows Explorer View - change default

How do I set Windows Explorer to default to a 'list' view?

HWLochner, May 20, 2018
  3. Change email app to default to unread view

Every time I open the email app it defaults to the "all" view. I cannot find any settings to change this, but it would be better if it defaulted to the "unread" list instead. Is there any way to change this?

Also if I open an email from the unread list then return to the unread list, it would be nice if the list got updated to remove the item I have just read. Currently it doesn't refresh the list.

Les Ferguson, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Default View 'Large icons'

1. Default View 'Large icons' - Similar Threads - Default View 'Large

2. View In Large Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View In Large Icons: In Windows 10 Is There A Way To View Every Folder And Everything In That Folder In My Computer In Large Icons Instead Of Changing It One By One ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-in-large-icons/ae443334-7b6f-4db4-93b4-e1edd3f330a5
  3. View In Large Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View In Large Icons: In Windows 10 Is There A Way To View Every Folder And Everything In That Folder In My Computer In Large Icons Instead Of Changing It One By One ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-in-large-icons/ae443334-7b6f-4db4-93b4-e1edd3f330a5
  4. View In Large Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. View Large Icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    View Large Icons in File Explorer: In Large Icon View in File Explorer: Why does it display my photos on my PC but only shows a standard line diagram on my laptop. (Both computers are running Windows 10.)...
  6. Opening File Explorer with large icon view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening File Explorer with large icon view: It seems it takes longer then it should for windows to show the icon view, I know my system is older, but still it just seems to be slow. I get the green progress bar as the folders and files are refreshed. Isn't this cached? Any suggestions on how I can investigate this?...
  7. Can't view any icons in large or extra large

Can't view any icons in large or extra large: View in medium icons [ATTACH] But view in large icons [ATTACH] Everything else works just fine. It seems like windows 10 won't read any icons in large or extra large....
  8. Over large view

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Over large view: Hello, please i really need your help. My Asus pc has not given me problem until i upgrade to windows 10. After upgrading i start facing different issue one of it is over stretched view. After restart i encounter a much more very serious one. Which is over large view at the...
  9. ICON default views in only specific folders

ICON default views in only specific folders: I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure...
  10. Control Panel - can't save Large icons view - defaults to original

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel - can't save Large icons view - defaults to original: Hi there I still prefer using the control panel rather than go hunting around in settings / right mouse click etc etc --especially if Ms have renamed some of the options. The control panel is still there in W10 CU edition (1703 X-64 Pro) however if I change the view to...