Windows 10: Default View

Discus and support Default View in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by convul, May 24, 2018.

1. convul Win User

Default View

W10, Office 2016.
    Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view.
    I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed anything.
    I seem to remember reading that this sequence doesn't work with Libraries, which I think Documents is.
    I would appreciate advice, thanks.

:)

convul, May 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 Change default on file view

Sorry but following the steps that you describe applied to the documents folder did not appear to change the views from details to list in any subfolders which were already set to 'Detail'.

Nor did this change of default view appear with addition of New folder or a subfolder of New folder.

CarletonGarrett, May 24, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Default View

1. Default View - Similar Threads - Default View

2. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  3. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  4. Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own: My folders are usually arranged to have the Large Icons view, sorted by Date Modified, and Group By None. However, every now and then, it randomly reverts back to the default Details view and sorted by name. Sometimes, the "Group by" option is re-enabled again.Why is Windows...
  5. Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own

Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own: My folders are usually arranged to have the Large Icons view, sorted by Date Modified, and Group By None. However, every now and then, it randomly reverts back to the default Details view and sorted by name. Sometimes, the "Group by" option is re-enabled again.Why is Windows...
  6. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  7. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  8. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type: Hi all,I would like to view ALL the folders I open with details AND columns set in this sequence: name-size-date-typeI never succeed in having this: I have made view/options/view/apply to folders but the question is Do you want all folders OF THIS TYPE to match etc...In...
  9. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type: Hi all,I would like to view ALL the folders I open with details AND columns set in this sequence: name-size-date-typeI never succeed in having this: I have made view/options/view/apply to folders but the question is Do you want all folders OF THIS TYPE to match etc...In...
  10. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing