Windows 10: DefaultAccount purpose?

Discus and support DefaultAccount purpose? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Does anybody know the purpose of this account? It seems I've never seen this back then when I was running Windows 8.1 [img] 21684 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by theveterans, Sep 7, 2015.

1. DefaultAccount purpose?

Does anybody know the purpose of this account?

It seems I've never seen this back then when I was running Windows 8.1

DefaultAccount purpose? [​IMG]

:)

theveterans, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Win7ine Win User

Night Light greyd out

What seems to resolve this is to wipe the garbled DATA fields in two related registry keys:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate\Current]

"Data"=hex:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings\Current]

"Data"=hex:

Win7ine, Sep 7, 2015
  3. GraceA979 Win User
    Administrator

The Account for active/no is the administrator and for the users are; Administrator, DefaultAccount, grace, and Guest.

GraceA979, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

DefaultAccount purpose?

I thought this was the profile it uses when a new account is created?

Almighty1, Sep 13, 2015
  5. But it doesn't exist on Windows 8.1 though

theveterans, Sep 16, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Sep 16, 2015
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    At present little is known about the "DefautAccount" except for what is apparent. An Internet search reveals more questions than answers. It is a built in account and is new in Windows 10. Being disabled it is currently not being used but may with some configurations. Like all built in accounts it cannot be deleted. The default profile has been a part of NT since the beginning and is the initial profile given an account when it is created. This account might be related.

Understand that many details of any modern OS are not officially documented and much of what is known comes from unofficial sources. Once something is documented it becomes very difficult to change without creating compatibility problems. Applications that rely on the old behavior may fail if it is changed.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DefaultAccount purpose?

1. DefaultAccount purpose? - Similar Threads - DefaultAccount purpose

2. How to change the administrator if the DefaultAccount is one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the administrator if the DefaultAccount is one?: I had to deliver my laptop to be fixed, and for that I had to delete all my personal files and also disable the pin from my PC account. I think I must have messed up some steps and I managed to change my previously Admin role to a Guest role. Now that my laptop is back from...
  3. How to change the administrator if the DefaultAccount is one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the administrator if the DefaultAccount is one?: I had to deliver my laptop to be fixed, and for that I had to delete all my personal files and also disable the pin from my PC account. I think I must have messed up some steps and I managed to change my previously Admin role to a Guest role. Now that my laptop is back from...
  4. What is use of DefaultAccount in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is use of DefaultAccount in windows 11: I am searching for the answer about how windows DefaultAccount user used for and i got following answer but i can't understand properly so could anyone explain this in simple words:DefaultAccount :The DefaultAccount, also known as the Default System Managed Account DSMA, is a...
  5. What is use of DefaultAccount in windows 11

What is use of DefaultAccount in windows 11: I am searching for the answer about how windows DefaultAccount user used for and i got following answer but i can't understand properly so could anyone explain this in simple words:DefaultAccount :The DefaultAccount, also known as the Default System Managed Account DSMA, is a...
  6. What is use of DefaultAccount in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is use of DefaultAccount in windows 11: I am searching for the answer about how windows DefaultAccount user used for and i got following answer but i can't understand properly so could anyone explain this in simple word:Toggle menublog.matrixpost.net > Windows > Local user accounts in WindowsLocal user accounts in...
  7. What is use of DefaultAccount in windows 11

What is use of DefaultAccount in windows 11: I am searching for the answer about how windows DefaultAccount user used for and i got following answer but i can't understand properly so could anyone explain this in simple word:Toggle menublog.matrixpost.net > Windows > Local user accounts in WindowsLocal user accounts in...
  8. Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?: We have an application built on Windows 10. We are not using DefaultAccount and Guest users anywhere in our application. Due to security concerns, it is not recommended to have additional users which are not in use. Can we delete these two accounts during the installation of...
  9. Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?: We have an application built on Windows 10. We are not using DefaultAccount and Guest users anywhere in our application. Due to security concerns, it is not recommended to have additional users which are not in use. Can we delete these two accounts during the installation of...
  10. Can DefaultAccount and Guest users of Windows 10 be deleted?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defaultaccount windows

2. defaultaccount cloudstore windows 10