Windows 10: 'defaultuser()' Discussion

Discus and support 'defaultuser()' Discussion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello ! I've noticed that lately the 'General Discussions' section is just questions and answers. And I can't say I wasn't part of that, because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

'defaultuser()' Discussion

Hello !

I've noticed that lately the 'General Discussions' section is just questions and answers. And I can't say I wasn't part of that, because I come here with most of my pc stuff that I can't fix on my own. So this is intended to be a discussion, because we shouldn't know the answer unless someone from Microsoft answered.

So here's the thing. Shortly after installing, if you check the 'Users' folder, you'll see that there are 4 users.
    Default - Which is hidden
    defaultuser()
    <Your User>
    Public

But shortly afterwards, 'defaultuser()' disappears. So what's with that ?

:)

Marron, Sep 11, 2015
  2. borate Win User

Get rid of Windows 10 defaultuser0

** UPDATED INFO **

Using Netplwiz, only the account with my name is listed on both the PC and the laptop - no Defaultuser().

Earlier, when Defaultuser() was removed from the USERS folder in File Manager, Windows update failed (twice) to install the latest cumulative update. It succeeded after the Defaultuser() account was restored from the recycle bin.

Related? Perhaps...

However, weeks later - after creating an image of the partition, a restore point, and a recovery drive - Defaultuser() was again deleted from the USERS folder and from the Profile list in the registry. A subsequent update (10/11) succeeded.

(Some folks report seeing Defaultuser0 instead.)

borate, Sep 11, 2015
  3. fka001 Win User
    Change c\users\defaultuser name

New laptop - I want to rename the default user folder to something more sensible because MS has decided to use part of my email which I logged in with. I cant seem to.

Can anyone help?

I have spent hours looking to how to do this online. This is why I really hate windows and seriously considering return the laptop for an apple mac . Nothing is simple and customer service ( if you ever manage to talk to someone) are about as useful as
    a chocolate teapot.

Steps taken

Created new admin user

tried to rename the folder for the original user who is also an admin

I keep getting error - youll need to provide admin permissions.

how do I do this?

As the original user, there is no option to rename the folder

* Moved rom Insider

fka001, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

'defaultuser()' Discussion

1. 'defaultuser()' Discussion - Similar Threads - 'defaultuser Discussion

2. Multiple DefaultUsers 10000 to 100001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple DefaultUsers 10000 to 100001: Just noticed I have approx 12 Default Users. Some with no User Info and several with my User Info of L02XXXX on several. I checked the properties of 6 or 7 of these and all had 0 Folders and Files. Can I Copy/Paste the add'l Users into the Default User to get rid of the extra...
  3. Multiple DefaultUsers 10000 to 100001

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple DefaultUsers 10000 to 100001: Just noticed I have approx 12 Default Users. Some with no User Info and several with my User Info of L02XXXX on several. I checked the properties of 6 or 7 of these and all had 0 Folders and Files. Can I Copy/Paste the add'l Users into the Default User to get rid of the extra...
  4. Multiple DefaultUsers 10000 to 100001

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. We wouldlike to discuss our problem with a live chat support individual.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We wouldlike to discuss our problem with a live chat support individual.: We need to talk to an active - live support employee to help us solve our problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-wouldlike-to-discuss-our-problem-with-a-live/7e12d8a4-1b19-48bf-a0d2-45a574343ee0
  6. DefaultUser keeps being created every time I log in to Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DefaultUser keeps being created every time I log in to Windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fr0stehsnew [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktdufu/defaultuser_keeps_being_created_every_time_i_log/
  7. Why do I have so many defaultuser folders? Are they safe to get rid of?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have so many defaultuser folders? Are they safe to get rid of?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_number_291647 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0d63c/why_do_i_have_so_many_defaultuser_folders_are/
  8. Unidentified Defaultuser profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified Defaultuser profiles: Windows 10 2004 b. 19041.264 32-bit I see these extra profile folders in C:\Users. What are they for, and can I get rid of them? There are only two Windows user accounts on this machine. The dates they were created refer - I think - to the upgrades to 1609 and 2004....
  9. defaultuser() Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defaultuser() Password: How do I find out what the password is for defaultuser() OR how do I change it in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defaultuser-password/c79c8d90-5ae7-44ff-94de-4474a3231011"
  10. defaultuser() folder - is that normal?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    defaultuser() folder - is that normal?: Hello, I noticed I have a defaultuser() folder in my Users folder alongside my main user and the Public folder, is it something that should be there? **EDIT: It's defaultuser0 (zero) Ty 63615