Windows 10: Defender 4.18.1807.18075 is massively broken. High CPU leaks.

Discus and support Defender 4.18.1807.18075 is massively broken. High CPU leaks. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It's been broken since 1803 release, but 4.18.1807.18075 is a complete disaster. Locking PC right and left at almost any action. Massive CPU activity... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by coth, Aug 13, 2018.

1. coth Win User

Defender 4.18.1807.18075 is massively broken. High CPU leaks.

It's been broken since 1803 release, but 4.18.1807.18075 is a complete disaster. Locking PC right and left at almost any action. Massive CPU activity even while not scanning anything with no any I/O reads.

There is a long thread on tenforums no word on the issue.

https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/114874-high-cpu-usage-windows-defender.html

:)

2. WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Aug 13, 2018
  3. RAM leaks and high CPU usage

Sorry to seem so negative, folks, but am I the only one who thinks it's disgraceful that the onus seems continually to be on users to fix the ridiculous RAM leaks and high CPU usage problems that were caused by the Fall 2017 Creators Update?

I received the Creators Update for Windows 10 Pro near the end of the year -- not surprisingly, since I'm currently living in eastern Europe. Installation went smoothly, but from the outset, I began experiencing significantly higher RAM and CPU usage. These
    were issues that I'd not experienced before. I did a bit of research, and discovered that the errors don't really seem to depend on system hardware or idiosyncratic configurations. Instead, the problems appear to lie clearly with the update itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a very robust system: i7 Haswell-E 5820, factory overclocked and liquid-cooled; 32 GB of RAM; GTX-980; fast SSD as my program drive, etc. I also have a Rainmeter skin that shows me RAM and CPU usage in real time. On boot, I used
    to see only about 2.25 GB of RAM being used; CPU would settle to 1-2%. Since the Creators Update, RAM usage on boot is routinely from a low of about 4.25 GB to as much as 7.5 GB, and CPU usage regularly shows prolonged inexplicable intervals of 20 - 35% usage,
    and occasionally even more.

I've tried the various suggested measures to alleviate the problems, with minimal (and only temporary) success at best. I've had no success at all in trying to get information directly from Microsoft through Support. It's worth noting that all the various
    suggestions to deal with these problems involving taking steps to cripple Windows functionality in order to reduce system overheads, thereby depriving users of some of the very benefits the OS is supposed to provide. Microsoft doesn't seem to be bothered by
    that; in fact, it seem quite content to allow users to flounder around in the mess created by the update.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for the RAM leakage and CPU usage problems (short of turning to an alternative OS)? Is there any word as to whether Microsoft will address these problems soon?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

FlatPicker, Aug 13, 2018
  4. CJJ24 Win User

High cpu usage by dwm.exe

I'm having the same problem. All of the steps listed above did not help. I'm constantly running at least 18% CPU on the desktop window manager with nothing open. My cooling fan is running wide open all of the time.

CJJ24, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Defender 4.18.1807.18075 is massively broken. High CPU leaks. - Similar Threads - Defender 1807 18075

2. Defender memory leaking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender memory leaking: Please help! I have this issue since months now. I even reset but it's still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-memory-leaking/dbe9df97-0fff-4fd4-b597-38a2b0ef701f
  3. Defender memory leaking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender memory leaking: Please help! I have this issue since months now. I even reset but it's still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-memory-leaking/dbe9df97-0fff-4fd4-b597-38a2b0ef701f
  4. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive CPU frequency drop: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem. I have an Acer Aspire A715-75G 8GB, GTX 1650, i5-10300H. Every once in a while, my laptop freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds and then returns to normal. When it freezes, background activity continues, but I can no longer do anything...
  5. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Massive CPU frequency drop: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem. I have an Acer Aspire A715-75G 8GB, GTX 1650, i5-10300H. Every once in a while, my laptop freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds and then returns to normal. When it freezes, background activity continues, but I can no longer do anything...
  6. Windows Defender high CPU consumption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender high CPU consumption: Hello, throughout the past couple months when I am playing a game, I noticed my screen would temporarily freeze/stutter for a second or two. After running some diagnostics, I found that a program MsMpEng.exe was momentarily consuming 100% of my CPU. After working to...
  7. High CPU usage & Memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...
  8. Windows Defender High CPU Utilization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender High CPU Utilization: I have an HP Notebook 15-f387wm, and it currently has an integrated quad-core processor by AMD. It recently has developed a bug with Windows Defender. I noticed that it was using almost 50% of the CPU, causing the laptop to go over 60°C, even when the laptop is idling. I...
  9. Windows defender no longer shows as of 10/4/18

Windows defender no longer shows as of 10/4/18: So recently the Report a problem option in Microsoft Edge for Xbox One S no longer shows and has been replaced with 'Send feedback', now honestly this is a bad decision because you're forcing your users to fend for theirselvs against Scams, Trojans, horses, Free currency...
  10. Windows defender no longer shows as of 10/4/18

Windows defender no longer shows as of 10/4/18: So recently the Report a problem option in Microsoft Edge for Xbox One S no longer shows and has been replaced with 'Send feedback', now honestly this is a bad decision because you're forcing your users to fend for theirselvs against Scams, Trojans, horses, Free currency...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Defender 4.18.1807.18075

2. windows defender 4.18.1807.18075 does not comply with policy

3. 4.18.1807.18075

4. windows defender 4.18.1807.18075 does not comply with policy.,
  5. Windows Defender 4.18.1902.5 はポリシーに準拠していません。準拠には リアルタイム プロテクションが有効になりました が必要です。,
  6. Windows Defender 4.18.1807.18075 does not comply ,
  7. pulse Windows Defender 4.18.1807.18075 does not comply with policy.