Windows 10: Defender App is Dead

Discus and support Defender App is Dead in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After deleting AVG and BYTE FENCE, I am not able to open Defender App (See screen shot.) REAL TIME protection is on. Can anyone help? PS: I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Petermechanic2, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Defender App is Dead

After deleting AVG and BYTE FENCE, I am not able to open Defender App
    (See screen shot.)
    REAL TIME protection is on.

Can anyone help?
    PS: I am still on the windows 8.1 upgrade
    My actual version is : Win10 home: 10586.545 / HP laptop (pavillion)

:)

Petermechanic2, Aug 12, 2016

2. amulec and winsnare

I've been struggling with these two apps(amulec and winsnare) from the past two weeks. I've uninstalled them a number of times. Also I've scanned with windows defender, even it can't find it. In effectively when these two apps installed windows defender
    stops working properly. please find me a solution. These 2 apps make my pc dead slow.

thank you

Sanjay_Nunagonda, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Martmcd Win User
    windows 10 smartscreen settings

first - consider covering or removing the personal information in your screenshot (email address)

smartscreen is in windows defender under app & browser control

that dead link will be removed when you install the creators update

Martmcd, Aug 12, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Defender App is Dead

Do you have any other security software running such as Spybot?

You could try running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt to see if the OS picks up any corruption.

swarfega, Aug 12, 2016
  5. You could try this, run CMD as admin and copy/paste/enter.

sc config TrkWks start= auto
    net start TrkWks
    chkdsk /scan
    shutdown /r /t 60

TairikuOkami, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Thanks for your replies
    SFC/ scannow was negative: no integrety violation.
    For these command lines, result was also negative.

Petermechanic2, Aug 13, 2016
  7. AVG and BYTEFENCE were not properly uninstalled in Program and features (they were not shown in REVO UNINSTALLER). To solve the problem:
    1. We deleted them in Regedit in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    2. After Following OPTION 7 of the link below and deleting the appropriate files, Defender was automatically reenabled after reboot.
    Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 810 - Microsoft Community
    Thanks to all

Petermechanic2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender App is Dead

1. Defender App is Dead - Similar Threads - Defender App Dead

2. Mini apps are dead.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini apps are dead.: Hello. Mini apps stopped working. When turned on, this appears and that's it. How to fix it? If I add a new category, for example games, it is displayed until I close the mini applications, then again this background and nothing loads. If important, I recently enabled...
  3. Mini apps are dead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mini apps are dead.: Hello. Mini apps stopped working. When turned on, this appears and that's it. How to fix it? If I add a new category, for example games, it is displayed until I close the mini applications, then again this background and nothing loads. If important, I recently enabled...
  4. Dead App Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead App Shortcut Icon: I uninstalled a program in Windows 11 but the App Icon still appears in the Start Menu. I won't let me uninstall it. It looks like it's just a dead Icon. I tried going to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs but the program for this App is not listed. The App...
  5. Dead App Shortcut Icon

Dead App Shortcut Icon: I uninstalled a program in Windows 11 but the App Icon still appears in the Start Menu. I won't let me uninstall it. It looks like it's just a dead Icon. I tried going to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs but the program for this App is not listed. The App...
  6. Removed apps link is dead

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed apps link is dead: I’ve just reset my pc, the removed app link appeared on my desktop and I opened it and the list was there. Great. About 15 minutes later I open the link again and it’s “File not found”. I didn’t delete anything, no idea why the link is now dead. Any ideas? submitted by...
  7. Dead icon in top apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dead icon in top apps?: Hi, i uninstalled opera using delete or add program function but opera is still showing in top apps. Just a dead icon, anyway to remove it completely? submitted by /u/lads99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kpnqow/dead_icon_in_top_apps/
  8. CNN app for Windows is dead

CNN app for Windows is dead: Used to use it quite often. Noticed it has been dead for about a week or so then started searching to see what's going on. This is what I found: http://www.windowscentral.com/cnn-re...ne-app-july-18 Another app gone from the already pathetic Windows Store... 56968
  9. Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications

Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications: I have the following in Notifications [img] I have uninstalled Screenshot Captor, I have run CCleaner over the Registry, I removed all traces of Screenshot Captor from the registry and I've rebooted - yet the Notification list still has those nine entries in for...
  10. Store app live tile dead

Store app live tile dead: I only just noticed this but on our machines the store app tile is no longer live. Seems to be dead. Suspect it’s been like that for some time. Probably when they did their pointless update to change the name and icon. I tried turning live tile off and on again but it doesn’t...