Windows 10: Defender Better than any other

Discus and support Defender Better than any other in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do not recall where yet I read an article stating Defender should be THE one and only choice of anti-anything protection for Win10. Personally, I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lpatrick, Sep 4, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Defender Better than any other

Do not recall where yet I read an article stating Defender should be THE one and only choice of anti-anything protection for Win10. Personally, I have McAfee Life Safe. I'm a ordinary occasional user but want what's best for my PC. I think the article stated the pumped up Defender is coming out later this year. McAfee Life Safe has not given me any problems but I have tried to use several others that had to quickly taken off due their side effects. I would appreciate someone speaking up if they also heard/read about the boost in Defender. If it is better not then I have not problem switching.

Thanks

:)

lpatrick, Sep 4, 2017

2. I can't Update my Windows defender beacause as what they said their is an internet or network connectivity problem. My internet is superfast & my network is fine.

Windows Defender has always worked better than any other Security System that I have ever used. Including Norton ,MacAfee & Kaspersky.

GuessWho1948, Sep 4, 2017
  3. N97 Mini any better than N97?

I've been offered a N97 Mini as a replacement of my design flawed N97. Nokia has not been able to address my issues in due time. I've had all the usual stuff; software issues (hangs, reboots, out of memory), no lock or bad reception on GPS and severe halos
    on camera. The camera is still a mess after Nokia applied "the scratch fix" and is unusable when the flash has been used.

I know the N97 Mini has less memory, no FM-transimtter, etc. But is the N97 Mini free of the N97 issues or should try to get a refund in money instead?

caygill---01, Sep 4, 2017
  4. Defender Better than any other

Matthew Wai, Sep 4, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    In the end, there is not a lot to choose between any AV package.

The real risk that no av package can truly handle is the actual user. If user discriminately clicks links on any site, downloads any old things, you will get malware. Basically one needs to apply the oxymoronically named "Common Sense".

Periodic scans offline with malwarebytes or similar is good practice.

cereberus, Sep 4, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Defender is not better than any other. There are plenty of reviews on Youtube about that. Recently Mum caught 21 PUPs and malware, none of which Defender caught. She's now on Bitdefender.

[youtube]e_TSm4hyLIU[/youtube]

swarfega, Sep 4, 2017
  7. I use Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware. Hopefully, my Windows is invulnerable to the ransomware shown in the above video.

Matthew Wai, Sep 4, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

As long as you install the latest Microsoft patches.

swarfega, Sep 4, 2017
  9. Yeah, Fall Upgrade will bring cool new features, which other AVs have had for years. Just like Creators upgrade brought cloud detection from enterprise customers to public, which other AV also had for years. Microsoft software/apps are always catching up, but they can never do it, because Windows is a huge code and not a single employee knows, how the rest of it works. Some people think, that when some MS team develops an app, it has to be good, because they know, how Windows works. But no, they do not. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Sep 4, 2017
  10. Do you mean they are always trying to catch up with others but never succeed?

Matthew Wai, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Defender Better than any other - Similar Threads - Defender Better

2. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center: I try to installed games which is not comes from steam or any stores, and after that I realized that the defender is gone, I try to get it back without removing all my games and apps in my laptop but it's seems not work. I cannot open the Windows Security Center or the Virus...
  3. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center: I try to installed games which is not comes from steam or any stores, and after that I realized that the defender is gone, I try to get it back without removing all my games and apps in my laptop but it's seems not work. I cannot open the Windows Security Center or the Virus...
  4. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn on windows 10 defender?: Microsoft safety scanner partially removed TrojanDropper : win32/Brresmon and trojandropper : win32/credentialaccess!rfn afterwards i reset pc erase everything fully clean the drive... i still can't turn on settings from virus and threat protection....it says " This setting...
  6. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn on windows 10 defender?: Microsoft safety scanner partially removed TrojanDropper : win32/Brresmon and trojandropper : win32/credentialaccess!rfn afterwards i reset pc erase everything fully clean the drive... i still can't turn on settings from virus and threat protection....it says " This setting...
  7. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

8. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml keeps getting detected.. 1 per day. Once defender removes it, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml keeps getting detected.. 1 per day. Once defender removes it, it...: Hello, I have Windows 10. I scanned and used multiple virus scanners such as Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, but they all say my pc is clean and no viruses.. Windows Defender is the only one that detects this Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!mll.. I just did a full virus scan with Windows...
  9. Windows Defender in Previous builds of Windows 10 was Better

Windows Defender in Previous builds of Windows 10 was Better: When I used windows 10 at the beginning of Win10 Versions it was having a better Defender than the last few Months Upgrades I mean when the defender is an application, not in settings. it was stronger but now a lot of bugs and weaker, now when it catches a virus it...
  10. Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender?: I was wondering which antiviruses would be better for my PC between these two, because I've heard many controversial answers... So I'm asking you guys which one would be better: the free version of Avast Antivirus or Windows Defender (default) submitted by /u/Andrew_Mendes...