Windows 10: Defender closes open programs

Discus and support Defender closes open programs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Running windows defender when leaving computer. When return the next day, chrome and outlook have been closed, and computer is back to login screen.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ainsurance, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Defender closes open programs

Running windows defender when leaving computer.
    When return the next day, chrome and outlook have been closed, and
    computer is back to login screen.

Because not looking at computer untill following day,
    not sure if it is closing the programs at beginning, middle, or end of scan

It also has, at times, totally turned off computer

thanks

:)

ainsurance, Oct 19, 2016
  2. FrPius Win User

Microsoft Apps won't open when Surface not connected to Internet

There is no 3rd party security software on my surface, only Windows Defender.

I have performed a "clean boot". I then turned off my WiFi and attempted to open Microsoft Apps: Groove Music, Drawboard, Mail, Movies & TV, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and Photos. All of these programs failed to open properly -- they basically flashed
    open and immediately closed.

I then re-connected my Surface to the Internet, and all programs opened without a problem.

I also disabled Windows Defender and attempted to open programs, while disconnected from WiFi. The programs still failed to open.

FrPius, Oct 19, 2016
  3. Program opens then closes

So on My PC with Windows 10 a program opens and the closes every hour at the same time. You can see that a program opens but is closes or dissapares so fast that i can´t see what it is. Any idé on What
    i might be? And stop it from doing it?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SimonMattsson, Oct 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Defender closes open programs

dalchina, Oct 21, 2016
Thema:

Defender closes open programs

1. Defender closes open programs - Similar Threads - Defender closes open

2. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  3. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  4. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  5. Opening and Closing Programs at Night Automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening and Closing Programs at Night Automatically.: Hi there. I run a ServerPC 24/7 in my home and I use it in the day for GameServers. At night It's on and serving no function so I thought it might be fun to run a Bitcoin Miner on it at night only. How would I make my NiceHash Mining Program Open at Midnight and Close at 8AM....
  6. Program Opening and Closing Every Hour

Program Opening and Closing Every Hour: Hello, I have been having this problem for probably over a year now and have been unable to find a solution. At first I had no idea it was a program because I would be playing a game full screen and it would suddenly minimize. Much later I realized it was a program of some...
  7. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  8. Windows Defender closing Essential Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender closing Essential Program: Hi there. I have been having troubles opening a program I need to file my taxes because I suspect Windows Defender terminates the program every time I open it. I would like to mention that the program is provided by our Bureau of Internal Revenue, and it contains the forms...
  9. Comptuer Closing open programs

Comptuer Closing open programs: My windows 10 computer is constantly closing my open programs without warning. I could be in the middle of typing something and the program just randomly closes. It usually closes them when the programs get anywhere close to slow. This problem also happened on my laptop that...
  10. Open internet programs just close

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open internet programs just close: Hi, This has just started recently where I will open a program, in this case a trading platform (actually 2 platforms) and then they will just disappear. No message, no warning, nothing. This is becoming more frequent where today I can't keep them open past a couple of...