Windows 10: Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it?

Discus and support Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With the Anniversary update came an improved Defender Antivirus, This is good! But I am trying to remove unnecessary icons from my start menu, and I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Willabong, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Willabong Win User

Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it?

With the Anniversary update came an improved Defender Antivirus, This is good! But I am trying to remove unnecessary icons from my start menu, and I can find no option to turn this one off?
    Anyone know of a tweak that can do this please?*Sad

:)

Willabong, Aug 26, 2016

2. Start menu gone from bottom of screen

Got a message from 'windows defender' saying malware detected and recommend removal. Did that now start menu icon gone from bottom of screen. Is
    windows defender really part of 10? Was there malware? Can I get start menu back?

alicats001, Aug 26, 2016
  3. zeplo2 Win User
    Remove/Unpin duplicate icons in Start menu

how do i remove duplicate start menu icons from list to show on taskbar.

[Original title: start icons]

zeplo2, Aug 26, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Open up All settings and go to the first choice on the Upper right. Same way that it was done with 8 and 10.

bro67, Aug 26, 2016
  5. Willabong Win User
    bro67: The only setting I can find in ANY of the "Settings" tabs, hides the icons on the taskbar, but does not remove them?

Willabong, Aug 26, 2016
  6. Borg 386 Win User
  7. Willabong Win User
    I was looking for a way to remove the icon, not hide it! Anyway thanks for trying!

Willabong, Aug 26, 2016
  8. Private Win User

Open Task Manager > More details > Startup tab > disable the Windows Defender notification icon.

Or delete it from startup...

Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run[/quote] Right click and delete the value:
    Code: WindowsDefender[/quote] Restart your PC.

Private, Aug 26, 2016
  9. Willabong Win User
    Thanks Private, just what I wanted!*Smile

Willabong, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it? - Similar Threads - Defender Icon Start

2. How do I remove the start-menu bing pictures?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the start-menu bing pictures?: on the start menu next to search there are daily artworks on the right when I click them it opens bing to show the original image. how do I disable it. I've already uninstalled edge. and bing, help please....
  3. How do I remove the start-menu bing pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the start-menu bing pictures?: on the start menu next to search there are daily artworks on the right when I click them it opens bing to show the original image. how do I disable it. I've already uninstalled edge. and bing, help please....
  4. How do I remove the start-menu bing pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?: Hey all I'm intrigued by the new start menu's look. However, it's still severely limited in options. Is there a tool or a hack to remove start menu items such as folders, cortana, people, etc. that do not have an uninstall option? Google gives me nothing but standard stuff...
  6. How do I fix these start menu icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these start menu icons?: [ATTACH] I've changed the color in Settings so many times but these three (the two Onenotes and Skype) keep the black background. Any idea? https://preview.redd.it/9taqrq098qe51.jpg?width=698&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=643a394b620c94298b94aa2ce9fcfe6fcb58041e submitted by...
  7. How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu?: Hi all, I temporarily added a hotmail account to my Windows 10 laptop in order to sync Edge favorites with my iPad. I then removed the account, but now in the Start menu I see the Hotmail user account icon (screenshot attached, see red arrow). How can I remove it? Thanks...
  8. How do I remove the margin from the tiles in start menu.

How do I remove the margin from the tiles in start menu.: Is there a way to remove the margin, the gaps, between the tiles in the start menu? [img] Right now my start menu looks like this, but I want to remove the gap between the squares to make it look like a white sheet with icons on it. I cannot find a setting for this in the...
  9. How do I group my Start Menu icons?

How do I group my Start Menu icons?: After one of the OS updates, a new feature was added where I could select a group on the Start Menu and have them shrunk to a small box. If I clicked on that box, it returned to full size. After an update installed last Friday, I could no longer logon and Bitlocker...
  10. Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon?

Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon?: I have Pinned a few sites to the start menu using Microsoft Edge. My problem is that all of them have the same "E" edge (internet explorer) icon. So unless I keep them at large size, or remember in what order they were pinned/arranged, I have no clue which pin is for which...