Windows 10: Defender is not responding: Connectivity problem

Discus and support Defender is not responding: Connectivity problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; According to the Insiders thread 15063.11, this bug is also affecting 14393.970 and the given solution works OK. I was not able to reach version .603... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeMecanic, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Defender is not responding: Connectivity problem

According to the Insiders thread 15063.11, this bug is also affecting 14393.970 and the given solution works OK. I was not able to reach version .603 because a message was saying Internet connectivity problem. Thanks!
    Antimalware Client Version: 4.10.14393.953
    Engine Version: 1.1.13601.0
    Antivirus definition: 1.239.603.0
    Antispyware definition: 1.239.603.0
    Network Inspection System Engine Version: 2.1.12706.0
    Network Inspection System Definition Version: 116.88.0.0

I have many problems with Defender since about 4-5 weeks and all reported bugs by Insidres are also affecting RS-1.
    Insiders solution given by Vincentwindows:
    Temp fix:
    Delete following registry key:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MpSigStub
    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11 - Page 8 - Insider - Windows 10 Forums

:)

MikeMecanic, Apr 1, 2017

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER

THE PC TELLS ME THAT my Windows Defender (W10) is out of date. When I try yo update it, after a long time I get the message that the app took to long to respond. Otherwise the Internet connection works fine. Can I reinstall the Defender and how to do it?

FabrizioGalimberti1, Apr 1, 2017
  3. SAditya Win User
    3rd Party Apps (like Google Chrome, Steam, torrent clients,etc) not able to connect to Internet on Windows 10

Hello,

I just upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. But I have a major problem: 3rd party are not able to connect to the Internet, even though I have allowed them through the Firewall and Windows Defender.

I have also re-installed those apps, but have been unable to solve the issue.

Please respond at the latest as to how to solve the problem.

Thanks.

P.S.

My Internet is working well on Microsoft Edge. No problem with the network connection.

SAditya, Apr 1, 2017
  4. Defender is not responding: Connectivity problem

This is a temporary solution because hotkey is back next morning. Stuck at .603 and not able to reach .701 or higher. Same message: Screenshot.

Antimalware Client Version: 4.10.14393.953 ****Should be 14393.970**** ???
    CU clean install (KB4016635,KB4014329,KB4013418):4/2/17
    Engine Version: 1.1.13601.0
    Antivirus definition: 1.239.713.0
    Antispyware definition: 1.239.713.0
    Network Inspection System Engine Version: 2.1.12706.0
    Network Inspection System Definition Version: 116.88.0.0

Always a few definitions in advance:
    What's New - Microsoft Malware Protection Technologies

MikeMecanic, Apr 2, 2017
  5. Things are back to normal this morning. Didn't have to delete Hkey.
    All the best,

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender is not responding: Connectivity problem

1. Defender is not responding: Connectivity problem - Similar Threads - Defender responding Connectivity

2. Windows Defender Responds to Pings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Responds to Pings: McAfee transferred with little fanfare incoming firewall functions to Windows Defender. I did a GRC Shields-Up test and ports are still reported as "Stealth", but incoming ping requests are not blocked and are responded to. I have blocked ICMPv4-In, and v6-in in Core...
  3. Windows Defender Responds to Pings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Responds to Pings: McAfee transferred with little fanfare incoming firewall functions to Windows Defender. I did a GRC Shields-Up test and ports are still reported as "Stealth", but incoming ping requests are not blocked and are responded to. I have blocked ICMPv4-In, and v6-in in Core...
  4. Microsoft Defender Problems: Can't access, stops working or responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Problems: Can't access, stops working or responding: Hi,first things first: - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro- Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045- everything updates up to datebut had the following issues before, starting 3, 4 months ago. Hoped that updates will fix those, but: nope. I also tried fixing that in safe mode, but same...
  5. Microsoft Defender Problems: Can't access, stops working or responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Problems: Can't access, stops working or responding: Hi,first things first: - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro- Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045- everything updates up to datebut had the following issues before, starting 3, 4 months ago. Hoped that updates will fix those, but: nope. I also tried fixing that in safe mode, but same...
  6. Microsoft Defender Problems: Can't access, stops working or responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Defender not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not responding: Hello, Im unable to see any Windows Defender settings. Tray icon does not respond to anything. There is no option to check any file with Windows Defender that is how I found out that something is wrong. If I navigate into Control Panels>Update&Security>Windows...
  8. Not responding problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not responding problems: Hello, My settings in Windows 10 doesn't open directly when i try opening it, it says not responding, later a small box displays and says application frame host problem. 2 i am unable to search anything in start bar Type here to search , it doesn't answer 3 my google...
  9. Not Responding Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not Responding Problem: My Laptop is recently having problems with multiple applications being unresponsive. It started out with the taskbar not allowing me to access certain apps, the search bar, nor the main windows settings. I couldnt bring it up after pressing the windows button, so I had to...
  10. Windows Defender is not Responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is not Responding: windows defender is not responding. [Original Title: WINDOWS DEFENDER] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_other/windows-defender-is-not-responding/df0cfd79-e4d0-4905-8038-3eae849168dd