Windows 10: DEFENDER keeps requesting update and Scan

Discus and support DEFENDER keeps requesting update and Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Installed WIN 10 on two pc's. Upgraded from WIN8.1 on both. Both were running MSE. MSE is replaced by DEFENDER. On either or both, notifications... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RJL24, Aug 19, 2015.

1. RJL24 Win User

DEFENDER keeps requesting update and Scan

Installed WIN 10 on two pc's. Upgraded from WIN8.1 on both. Both were running MSE.

MSE is replaced by DEFENDER.

On either or both, notifications constantly request I run DEFENDER.

Which requires me to manually update virus definitions and run a scan.

I thought Defender was an automatic AV.

How can I stop these annoying notifications, and feel assured / know my pc's are safe?

:)

RJL24, Aug 19, 2015
  2. ebiusifo Win User

windows defender scan

I am trying to scan my computer with windows defender, and it keeps telling me...The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

ebiusifo, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Windows defender error

while I am scaning, my windows defender keeps on saying

"The scan couldn't be started

The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation. "

This dialog box appears.

ArchanBhatt, Aug 19, 2015
  4. RJL24 Win User

RJL24, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. DEFENDER keeps requesting update and Scan - Similar Threads - DEFENDER keeps requesting

2. Defender scans keep hanging - also, can't do Offline scan!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender scans keep hanging - also, can't do Offline scan!: Hello.When trying to do Defender scans they more often than not just hang and don't complete.Also, when doing an Offline scan, it lets me set it up but the system will not go offline and run it.At the moment I can only do a Quick Scan.How can I try to resolve this situation...
  3. Defender scans keep hanging - also, can't do Offline scan!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender scans keep hanging - also, can't do Offline scan!: Hello.When trying to do Defender scans they more often than not just hang and don't complete.Also, when doing an Offline scan, it lets me set it up but the system will not go offline and run it.At the moment I can only do a Quick Scan.How can I try to resolve this situation...
  4. Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.: Hello, I use Bitdefender AV, and since a couple of weeks, the system sometimes shows the Windows Defender Scan notification on startup. I disable it, but it keeps turining on.I said since a couple of weeks, because I suspect some Windows Update changed/screwed something. I...
  5. Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Scan: How can I get Defender to Scan for Trojans and Virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-scan/083ea49b-dc6b-4b9b-b941-272a63df8f53
  6. Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Scan: How can I get Defender to Scan for Trojans and Virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-scan/083ea49b-dc6b-4b9b-b941-272a63df8f53
  7. Windows defender keeps scanning excluded folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender keeps scanning excluded folder: Hello, these two images show setup of windows defender and hdd usage by antivirus. I excluded folder from VMUbuntu and vmem file from defender and then I see it scanning exactly the same folder and file. This permanently blocks my computer and I have to shut it down...
  8. Windows Defender requesting Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender requesting Windows update: I have not updated to the latest version of Windows 10 as i have and ASUS motherboard which wont allow it. I have therefore stopped Windows Update trying to update Windows 10. Windows defender is asking me to fix an issue in Updates which has the following error message...
  9. defender automatic update and scan

defender automatic update and scan: first let me say I am on a metered network....so my automatic update of windows 10 operating system is switched off...only operates on my command altho the defender update says it is automatic.i have to prompt every time....is this because of my "switched off " status.......
  10. Defender keeps scanning my system

Defender keeps scanning my system: Defender keeps asking me to quick scan my system like every couple hours or so.. Just started happening today. -Help? Thank! 43092