Windows 10: Defender notified threat.

Discus and support Defender notified threat. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As my AV am using Kasperski free plus MBAM free. Also have set up Defender to do periodic scans (there being no conflict) Defender has notified a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dencal, Dec 29, 2017.

1. dencal Win User

Defender notified threat.

As my AV am using Kasperski free plus MBAM free.
    Also have set up Defender to do periodic scans (there being no conflict)

Defender has notified a threat and quarantined it.
    Neither Kasperski or Mbam reported it.
    Link below for info on threat.
    Spyware:Win32/WebHancer.A [Microsoft] | ThreatExpert Statistics

:)

dencal, Dec 29, 2017

2. Windows Defender and the Trojan:BAT/Poweliks.A virus

Windows Defender notifies of threat "Trojan:BAT/Poweliks.A" then isolates, quarantines and "fixes" it. But only seconds later, threat notification appears again. Windows Defender seems like it is repeatedly removing the threat, but the threat replicates
    and re-establishes itself immediately thereafter. Is there anyway to remove this threat once and for all?

DouglasMech, Dec 29, 2017
  3. tnhotmail Win User
    windows defender keeps saying it finds "potentially harmful software" but nothing listed.

Running latest windows 10.

Defender keeps notifying "potentially harmful software..." but nothing is listed.

Also - when I run a quick scan, defenders says "app detected a potential threat" but nothing is listed in History or in "all detected items".

I don't care about the threat but I do want defender to stop notifying me. I'd like to "allow" whatever it is defender is finding but nothing is ever listed. I would like to fix the problem but I'd be satisfied if I just completely removed defender from
    my system to stop the notifications.

What are my options?

tnhotmail, Dec 29, 2017
  4. Defender notified threat.

Layback Bear, Dec 29, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    dencal, Dec 29, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Dec 29, 2017
  7. dencal Win User
    Released the infection back on the computer after having added your suggested additional Kaspersky security measures.
    A scan with Kaspersky and Mbam revealed clean on both.
    Trying to get rid of them again using Defender failed as having removed them from quarantine they were now exempt from scanning.
    Finally got rid of them by tracking their paths then deleting them....though one path was different to that depicted on Defender.
    For example where it stated startup :C\ProgramData......it should have stated C\Users\ your name....etc etc.

dencal, Dec 30, 2017
  8. Defender notified threat.

Gamespy is not really spyware, not even adware. WD says, that it can monitor web traffic and such, well it is a game client like xfire or steam, so that is, what it is supposed to do. It is just obsolete, so it is probably marked as such. I doubt, it could upload any data, since its servers are long gone, since 2013 actually.

There are 2 startup folders on 10.
    Code: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Dec 30, 2017
  9. Cliff S New Member
    dencal, I just noticed your thread, when you "catch" an unwanted nasty, and only one AV/Antimalware catches it, before deleting it, or while it's still in quarantine you could upload it to Virus Total, and see what a total of 68 AV engines say.
    Plus you get more information about the file in question also.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender notified threat.

1. Defender notified threat. - Similar Threads - Defender notified threat

2. windows defender not removing threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender not removing threat: today windows defender has found a threat with high severity, i clicked on the remove option and clicked "start action", nothing happened; i also tried running some quick scans and a full scan, still nothing. Also tried restarting my laptop but the threat is still...
  3. Windows defender threat

Windows defender threat: This excludeproc.d appears all the time and keeps coming back. How do I remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-threat/dc5f1201-3b62-45bf-b581-7b994a0143a5
  4. Windows defender keeps notifying about threats that have already been selected to be...

Windows defender keeps notifying about threats that have already been selected to be...: So, I scanned backup files and windows defender found stuff in alot of them the same item repeated in each backup, I selected to quarantine all of them and pressed start actions, after a while this shows up on the taband then I get a notification that there are actions...
  5. Microsoft Defender notifies me about a virus/threat while Microsoft Safety Scanner runs a...

Microsoft Defender notifies me about a virus/threat while Microsoft Safety Scanner runs a...: Hi everyone! I am using a Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. While running a full scan on my computer using Microsoft Safety Scanner latest version, I got a notification from Microsoft Security or Microsoft Defender, not sure what's the correct name, saying that it found a...
  6. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS: I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while the threats are still listed and active. I...
  7. Windows defender recent threat

Windows defender recent threat: Hi guys, I got a threat in my recent scan with Windows defender. In my protection history it says threat removed or restored and the only action I have available is "allow". Does this mean the threat has been dealt with? Obviously clicking allow doesn't make much...
  8. removing threats with windows defender

removing threats with windows defender: So iv chosen what actions to perform which are to remove and made no action on the threats blocked as i dont want them to be allowed to stay. So how do i tell windows to caring out these actions? Im currently looking under Protection history...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center Notifies - Virus and Threat Protection : unauthorized...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Security Center Notifies - Virus and Threat Protection : unauthorized...: I have Windows 10 64 bit version 1803 in my Desktop PC. As I recollect from 9/10th December 2018 I am facing an unusual problem which I am narrating below. I have already received more than a dozen such notifications from Windows Defender and I am helplessly viewing those...
  10. Windows defender keeps notifying

Windows defender keeps notifying: Hi, I've recently been having some weird issues going on with my laptop. The most recent being that my notification center keeps giving me notifications every time I turn on the laptop saying that a threat has been detected (by windows defender). If I click on the...