Windows 10: Defender Offline

Discus and support Defender Offline in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does anyone know if Defender Offline is supposed to be a default option for the recovery environment? I don't see any options for it, or do I have to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jc9542, Dec 21, 2015.

1. jc9542 Win User

Defender Offline

Does anyone know if Defender Offline is supposed to be a default option for the recovery environment? I don't see any options for it, or do I have to use ICD to create a custom option for the WIM?

:)

jc9542, Dec 21, 2015

2. windows defender offline scan

Merged

Original title: Defender offline

At boot if there is a problem defender offline will run insted of recovery. How do i get rid of defender offline?

clHarrySmith, Dec 21, 2015
  3. WDO Windows Defender Offline

In Windows 10,
    Windows Defender Offline
    is built into the operating system so it can be run automatically or you can manually ask to perform an offline scan with one click directly from the Windows Defender client.

When Windows Defender identifies malware which it cannot remove, it will recommend that Windows Defender Offline be run and on the next reboot, Windows Defender Offline will automatically scan and remove the malware, then reboot into Windows 10. This removes
    the need to interact with the Windows Defender Offline product manually but that option is available when you want to run an offline scan at any time. When Windows Defender Offline runs automatically it performs a Quick Scan by default which typically takes
    about 15 minutes to run and then your computer will restart normally.

quietman7 - MVP, Dec 21, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Defender Offline

Borg 386, Dec 21, 2015
  5. jc9542 Win User
    Thanks, we're trying to make some USB DART disks for recovery tools and one of the MS technet articles mentioned that Defender Offline /Stand Alone Sweeper was no longer included in the DART image. Another article mentioned that Defender Offline had been moved to the Win 10 Recovery tools, but it doesn't show up in any of our recovery options.

jc9542, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender Offline

1. Defender Offline - Similar Threads - Defender Offline

2. Window defender offline scan logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  3. Window defender offline scan logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  4. Window defender offline scan logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pmWhy is each logs saying configuration has been change and how do I tell if the window defender is successful in the scan since after it finish it just reboot my pc like normal I checked my current threats the :Last scan is 5:09 Am...
  5. como ver resultados analise offline do Microsoft Defender

como ver resultados analise offline do Microsoft Defender: No windows 10 e 11 nao vejo em lado nenhum os resultados desta analise.A analise é efetuada normalmente mas os resultados não aparecem nas notificacoes nem no historico de protecçao.Onde ver ?Francisco...
  6. como ver resultados analise offline do Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    como ver resultados analise offline do Microsoft Defender: No windows 10 e 11 nao vejo em lado nenhum os resultados desta analise.A analise é efetuada normalmente mas os resultados não aparecem nas notificacoes nem no historico de protecçao.Onde ver ?Francisco...
  7. Dell Laptop Window Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Window Defender Offline Scan: My dell laptop has performed windows defender offline scan and it keeps running for hours and always shows “please wait” at the screen. How can I resolve this and return to normal?...
  8. Dell Laptop Window Defender Offline Scan

Dell Laptop Window Defender Offline Scan: My dell laptop has performed windows defender offline scan and it keeps running for hours and always shows “please wait” at the screen. How can I resolve this and return to normal?...
  9. Windows Defender offline scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender offline scan: Hello Folks,I'd like to mention I've asked a couple other questions here and received excellent support.Here is current issue:We have 3 laptops with pretty much same configurations:[this is just reference background] 2 of the laptops one is windows 10 upgrade 11, the other is...
  10. Windows Defender offline scan

Windows Defender offline scan: Hello Folks,I'd like to mention I've asked a couple other questions here and received excellent support.Here is current issue:We have 3 laptops with pretty much same configurations:[this is just reference background] 2 of the laptops one is windows 10 upgrade 11, the other is...