Windows 10: Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it

Discus and support Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new mini pc. Updated it and Defender found a virus. But when I got to delete it the system doesn't show it anywhere. Does Defender AUTO DELETE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Jun 28, 2018.

1. The Pool Man Win User

Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it

I have a new mini pc. Updated it and Defender found a virus. But when I got to delete it the system doesn't show it anywhere. Does Defender AUTO DELETE and then forget to tell you?

Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it [​IMG]

:)

The Pool Man, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss Win User
  3. Jsssssssss Win User
    How does Windows Defender compare, in quality, to other anti-virus?

Not a very sensible choice of wording, IMO... There's no One Size Fits All and we don't do any kind of polls/ratings here in MC.

Suggestion to educate yourself by doing some researches by using your favorite search engine.

You might want to read these articles:

Jsssssssss, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Engelsen Fad Win User

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it - Similar Threads - Defender Quar'd Virus

2. I can't activate Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't activate Windows Defender: Hello, I ran into a problem not long ago that I can't seem to activate my Windows Defender. I'll show some screenshots so you're able to understand better the situation. The highlighted red area is telling me that Windows Defender is inactive: [ATTACH] I click the box...
  3. yontoo/eluxer.net adware new bad infection. Can't find it. Can't delete it.

yontoo/eluxer.net adware new bad infection. Can't find it. Can't delete it.: I get the strong feeling this is a new more evil version of this sick adware. Took me two days just to find out what it is specifically. Malwarebytes identified it as yontoo and reported getting rid of it. I used both standard malwarebytes and adwmalwarebytes and it's still...
  4. I can't turn on windows defender

I can't turn on windows defender: I accidentally downloaded a virus a few days ago, and now if I try to turn on windows defender it says "Your Virus and Threat protection is managed by your organization." but I'm not part of any kind of company or organization. What do I do?...
  5. I Think I Have a Virus but Malwarebytes doesn't Find one

I Think I Have a Virus but Malwarebytes doesn't Find one: I'm good about stopping viruses usually but I need to check whether I have a virus or not. I found microsoft.photos.exe which is a legitimate Microsoft host. I checked it's properties and it said that it was created on the 27/07/18 (yesterday - REFER TO SOURCE1 ). Its unusual...
  6. I can't find my Notepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't find my Notepad: I can't find notepad, nor can I see accessories. Using win 10. I have certainly used it in the past. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-cant-find-my-notepad/cffab437-db19-4553-82c1-259d992b73e4
  7. I can't delete winrar, says file is open in another program, causing virus (I think)

I can't delete winrar, says file is open in another program, causing virus (I think): Hi, i downloaded Winrar a few months ago to extract .rar files, but I think I downloaded a fake and now I can't delete it. It caused 3 unwanted apps to be downloaded, I did not choose to download them and I was unaware until the app showed up. It also keeps making this thing...
  8. I can't find DNS in the RSAT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't find DNS in the RSAT: Hi. I installed the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10. I went to appwiz.cpl and to Windows features, scrolled down to the RSAT section and everything is checkmarked. However, when I open the administrative tools control panel I do not see any DNS management...
  9. I can't delete folders in Steamapps

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't delete folders in Steamapps: So I had a windows 8 laptop, and I never had this problem. Because of this I assume it has to do with windows 10 that is on my new laptop. I want to do a mass delete of steam games without going through the uninstall process through steam, and I could do this before on my old...
  10. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...