Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it

Discus and support Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new mini pc. Updated it and Defender found a virus. But when I got to delete it the system doesn't show it anywhere. Does Defender AUTO DELETE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Jun 28, 2018.

1. The Pool Man Win User

I have a new mini pc. Updated it and Defender found a virus. But when I got to delete it the system doesn't show it anywhere. Does Defender AUTO DELETE and then forget to tell you?

Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it [​IMG]

:)

The Pool Man, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss Win User
  3. Jsssssssss Win User
    How does Windows Defender compare, in quality, to other anti-virus?

Not a very sensible choice of wording, IMO... There's no One Size Fits All and we don't do any kind of polls/ratings here in MC.

Suggestion to educate yourself by doing some researches by using your favorite search engine.

You might want to read these articles:

Jsssssssss, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Engelsen Fad Win User

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Defender Quar'd Virus but I can't find it & delete it - Similar Threads - Defender Quar'd Virus

2. Windows Defender Home screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Home screen: Hi I just installed Win 10 v1803 and seem to have lost the Windows Defender screen with the three tabs (Home, Update and History), where the Home tab shows a monitor with a big white tick on a green background on the left, along with the scan options (quick, full, custom and...
  3. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

Windows Defender, Actions recommended: For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?...
  4. Windows Defender Slow Scans on an Intel I7 Desktop

Windows Defender Slow Scans on an Intel I7 Desktop: Hi All Issue is Defender scans really slow, like over 12 hours if I choose to do a full scan, Previous was Avast that was removed with the tool, Malwarebytes 3 Free, Is it cause I use the configure defender x64 utlity to up the cloud protection level and such Any advice...
  5. Windows Defender

Windows Defender: I received some sort of update from windows defender saying that you had to update the software. It told me to restart my device and once I did, the defender looked like this: [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Defender Problem

Windows Defender Problem: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available . Contact IT helpdesk for more information. I Get this message every time i try to go to my virus and threat protection. Ever since I downloaded a malware...
  7. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged: A few days ago I set up a new PC (Windows 10 Professional 64-bit) with Norton as the security provider. The Windows Defender taskbar icon shows a yellow exclamation mark. When I hover over it, the hint says "Actions Recommended": [ATTACH] But when I click the taskbar icon...
  8. Do I need another anti-virus if have Defender on Windows 10?

Do I need another anti-virus if have Defender on Windows 10?: I am running Windows 10, so have Defender. Do I need another anti-virus, e.g. Norton or Kaspersky? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/do-i-need-another-anti-virus-if-have-defender-on/7095b893-7c7d-4eff-8a4b-b7ea027d9a8f"
  9. defender

defender: I want to remove defender from my pc and install my own antivirus. I have no interest in having two virus protection programs. How do I do this?...
  10. windows defender definition update history

windows defender definition update history: Anyone can tell me how to find the previous version number of windows defender update? Example: 1.271.1028.0 (latest, Jul 16, 2018). I want to find the April and March version number, if anyone know please tell me asap. Thank you so much....