Windows 10: Defender says device driver error

Discus and support Defender says device driver error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows Defender is telling me there is a device driver error, and gives me an option to open the troubleshooter. So I ran the troubleshooter, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dukeofurl, Jan 14, 2018.

1. dukeofurl Win User

Defender says device driver error

Windows Defender is telling me there is a device driver error, and gives me an option to open the troubleshooter. So I ran the troubleshooter, and it found USB Input Device has a driver problem (though nothing is malfunctioning, everything works great) so I select that, and it does a bunch of stuff too quickly for me to see, then searches for changes, and finally settles on "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" and the only choice is to close the troubleshooter. - I don't even know what the problem is, much less how to fix it. Help!

:)

dukeofurl, Jan 14, 2018

2. How can I connect Nokia 6120 to a Windows 10 PC?.

I got the drivers, it installs without error, but except modem other two devices shown in device manager carry an exclamation mark and say that device cannot start Error code 10. But when i try to update driver it says already best driver is installed.
    Please help.

AbhilashC A, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Dstar288 Win User
    Blackjack Not Syncing with Vista

I've been trying to solve this problem on my own for 3 days now. I'm running Vista and I got my blackjack a couple of days ago. First of all, when I plug the phone in, windows does not acknowledge the device, no driver installation, nothing. I have countlessly
    installed and uninstalled Windows Mobile Center with my phone plugged in and without my phone plugged in. The only time drivers are installed is when I instal WMC, regardless of whether or not my phone is plugged in. It installs a driver for an "Unidentified
    Device." Needless to say, when I run WMC it says no device is connected, though every once and a while if I get lucky it says error. I don't have LiveOne Care, I turned off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall and nothing helps.

Dstar288, Jan 14, 2018
  4. Defender says device driver error

PolarNettles, Jan 14, 2018
  5. dukeofurl Win User
    Defender says device driver error [​IMG]
    I think I did this right. Yeah, I see the errors in the USB input device. Should I just delete that one?

dukeofurl, Jan 15, 2018
  6. Do you know what device it is? Try unplugging your USB devices one-by-one to see which one is missing its driver.

PolarNettles, Jan 15, 2018
  7. dukeofurl Win User
    Nothing seems to be malfunctioning, I also looked at every bit of information there, and seems generic, not connected to anything specific. I tried to update it, but that didn't produce results.

dukeofurl, Jan 15, 2018
  8. Defender says device driver error

So you're saying it's not something that you plugged in, correct? So it's something built-in to the laptop.

You can run USB Device Tree Viewer to get a clearer view of your USB devices. Maybe that will help identify what it is (or you can File->Save Full Report and upload the log here).

PolarNettles, Jan 15, 2018
  9. dukeofurl Win User
    I suspect it's something I plugged in, but have since removed. I have the option of disabling it, so I'm going to see what happens when I do.

dukeofurl, Jan 15, 2018
  10. EdTittel Win User
    You might try inspecting that item's Properties and posting the values for its Hardware IDs here (or searching for them yourself on Google or Bing). You can learn a lot about weird or semi-present USB devices, if anything useful shows up in that field. HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender says device driver error

1. Defender says device driver error - Similar Threads - Defender says device

2. event log says "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event log says "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I updated a game i play on steam, that plays perfectly then all the sudden it stopped working.I seen you asked for the mini dump files on another person who asked this question I took the liberty to get that for you already. I just wanna know whats going on and how to fix it...
  3. event log says "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log says "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I updated a game i play on steam, that plays perfectly then all the sudden it stopped working.I seen you asked for the mini dump files on another person who asked this question I took the liberty to get that for you already. I just wanna know whats going on and how to fix it...
  4. event log says "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Three Driver Errors In Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three Driver Errors In Device Manager.: Hello, My pc has been having this issue where games will minimize on its own while I am in the middle of playing. I noticed there are three driver issues in device manager but when I go to update them my pc cannot find any drivers. the three driver issues are: PCI Device: PCI...
  6. Three Driver Errors In Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three Driver Errors In Device Manager.: Hello, My pc has been having this issue where games will minimize on its own while I am in the middle of playing. I noticed there are three driver issues in device manager but when I go to update them my pc cannot find any drivers. the three driver issues are: PCI Device: PCI...
  7. All of my devices say driver error under them in Bluetooth and other devices settings

All of my devices say driver error under them in Bluetooth and other devices settings: None of my devices will function. This happened after my computer shutdown. I was messing around with my drivers before the shutdown to fix another issue, but all of my devices were working fine at that time. I've tried reinstalling the drivers I uninstalled, uninstalling...
  8. Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error

Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error: Hello. I'm having problems with Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error with the amdkmdag file. with two games in particular I didn't find anything related on the network I hope you can help me. pc freezes and the blue screen appears. analyzed with the blue scream view...
  9. The driver detected an internal driver error on \Device\VBoxNetLwf.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The driver detected an internal driver error on \Device\VBoxNetLwf.: I found a event error log. [ATTACH] virtualbox : 6.0.2 I want to know how to solve it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-driver-detected-an-internal-driver-error-on/e94c9c19-d2e9-4b89-952b-8b747ca2ec7e
  10. Error thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error thread stuck in device driver: I posted a thread in the drivers section and someone told me to post here so that is what i am doing. I have attached the logs. 56993

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modem ctrl device has a driver problem in windows defender

2. windows defender detech bluetooth hid device error