Windows 10: Defender tray notification icon deleted

Discus and support Defender tray notification icon deleted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, everyone *Biggrin Sorry to bother for small things, by mistake in CCleaner I deleted the startup entry of Defender notification icon. I remember... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ivan Petrov, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Defender tray notification icon deleted

Hi, everyone *Biggrin

Sorry to bother for small things, by mistake in CCleaner I deleted the startup entry of Defender notification icon. I remember I have seen a reg file here, in this forum but can't find it. *Banghead
    Could you be nice to help me finding it? I don't want to add an entry in Startup folder, prefer to set it like it's set after clean install.

Thank you, appreciated in advance.

:)

Ivan Petrov, Nov 3, 2017

2. Windows Defender Security Center

I got it fixed... Windows Defender is now in the Select which icons appear on the taskbar and is also in the System Tray

Press the MS key + R and enter shell:startup

Create a new short cut and enter "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCuiL.exe"

I named it Windows Defender Icon

Reboot

According to properties of MSASCuiL.exe, it is the Windows Defender notification icon

And if you don't want the notification icon, just delete the short cut

Jack Smook, Nov 3, 2017
  3. Defender logo

Logo?

Do you mean the icon in the notification tray?

The Defender icon will not display in the notification try at all times.

If there is an action for you to take, an alert will appear.

-steve

Stephen Boots, Nov 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Defender tray notification icon deleted

dalchina, Nov 3, 2017
  5. shimshom Win User
    shimshom, Nov 4, 2017
  6. Once you run WD Security Center, it should be restored automatically. This is what it restored for me:

Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "WindowsDefender" /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "\"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCuiL.exe\"" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender tray notification icon deleted

1. Defender tray notification icon deleted - Similar Threads - Defender tray notification

2. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move: After my New Laptop installed the latest update this morning KB5003637, my System Tray Icons will condense when you select a navigation item or the expanded list and then will disappear.Resizing the System Tray Icons will bring them back until you select something...
  3. Window defender notification system tray icon missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window defender notification system tray icon missing: My window defender system tray icon is missing and I can't find any option to turn it on in the startup menu or taskbar submitted by /u/qan_0801 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m39h22/window_defender_notification_system_tray_icon/
  4. shifting icons in notification tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    shifting icons in notification tray: I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and left continuously. I have factory reset the computer and done a clean reboot. There are no additional programs installed. All...
  5. Active Defender icon in notification tray?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Defender icon in notification tray?: There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut icon in the taskbar accomplishes nothing....
  6. Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray

Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray: I am a Windows 10 user. I uninstalled Norton AV after I received advise to do so from the Microsoft community experts. I did remove it and activated Windows Defender. But the windows defender icon is not visible in the system tray. I tried various means. I am not an IT...
  7. Windows Defender System Tray Icon

Windows Defender System Tray Icon: Currently, I have the Windows Defender System Tray icon with an exclamation point on it --- When I open the program to see what actions are needed, there are none to be acted upon --- So I should get the green checkmark when I restart, but still, the exclamation point is...
  8. Windows Defender on the Icon Tray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender on the Icon Tray: I know this may be a silly question, but my Windows Defender Icon in my system tray alerted me of a possible "Action Needed" warning... When I open it up, there are NO actions needed on any of the parameters specified ... In other words, instead of a Green OK symbol on the...
  9. Windows Defender Tray Icon

Windows Defender Tray Icon: Having just updated Windows to version 1709 16299.19 the Icon for Defender is no longer there. Checked notifications and defender is not even listed. In Task Manager start up there is just the word Windows and not defender ( see pic). So this new version of windows has...
  10. Tray notification icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray notification icons not showing: Dell XPS-13 Windows 10 Creators Update The icons I choose to "show" in the tray become hidden at the next bootup or restart. Tray icon settings do not "take". Wiped out next time. The problems with this awful update to Windows 10 are never-ending. Please help. 85913