Windows 10: Defender update loop

Discus and support Defender update loop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting this update failure for Defender: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.239.797.0) - Error 0x80070643 I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Plankton, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Plankton Win User

Defender update loop

I keep getting this update failure for Defender: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.239.797.0) - Error 0x80070643

I used to be able to update Defender manually and then recheck the "update/security" of all settings and it would come back clean.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to resolve it? Going on 3 days now and it's starting to piss me off.

:)

Plankton, Apr 3, 2017

2. windows defender update - KB2267602 is looping

Windows Defender update KB2267602 Definition 1.237.1247.0 is looping and failing to install. Any help ?

Thanks

manuel.rochaz, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Problem with Windows Update

A new anti-malware program did the job for me.

In my case the issue was an infinite update loop on Windows Defender.

With the deactivation of Windows Defender trough the anti-malware program, TiWorker.exe got closed.

Eiviokalnas, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Defender update loop

Brink, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Thanks...I'll give that a go.

Plankton, Apr 4, 2017
  6. Bobby Phoenix, Apr 4, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Thanks bobby (Hill)....lol. I've sent in a feedback report on it. In the meantime I just decided to go with a free AV until it's fixed or I'll wait until the creators Update is released and just do a clean install with that. Nothing like starting from scratch.

Plankton, Apr 4, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Defender update loop

Bree, Apr 4, 2017
  9. Plankton Win User
    Thanks Bree....I PM'd jyim89 as requested in that 2nd link. The first link is broken, all I get is "sorry no matches. Please try some different terms"

Plankton, Apr 4, 2017
  10. jyim89 Win User
    Thanks for your PM. Since I'm new to the forums I cannot directly respond back to you. We don't need any more logs at this point. We are working as quickly as we can to get a fix out. Meanwhile please manually obtain the latest definition update from following the instructions outlined on this link: Get the latest definitions - Microsoft Malware Protection Center.
    Please keep in mind these manual updates run silently so you can verify you have updated through the Defender client UI.

jyim89, Apr 4, 2017
  11. Farvatten Win User
    I got into this WD Update loop today after today's 'Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015438)' on both desktop and laptop.

After a successful manual WD update, it now says, 'Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, ‏‎3:10 PM'

Thanks Brink!

Farvatten, Apr 4, 2017
  12. jyim89 Win User
    jyim89, Apr 4, 2017
  13. Mooly Win User

Defender update loop

I kept getting the error yesterday, however I found rolling back the system with a disk image to around 48hrs before the issue showed has corrected the problem. WU and Defender now updating with no errors. Strange issue.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender update loop

1. Defender update loop - Similar Threads - Defender update loop

2. How to fix redownloading & reinstalling microsoft defender updates loop which is already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix redownloading & reinstalling microsoft defender updates loop which is already...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8NGLwMX7EU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-redownloading-reinstalling-microsoft/9d3d52a4-7f34-43ce-badd-cc7f64aacbf9
  3. How to fix redownloading & reinstalling microsoft defender updates loop which is already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix redownloading & reinstalling microsoft defender updates loop which is already...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8NGLwMX7EU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-redownloading-reinstalling-microsoft/9d3d52a4-7f34-43ce-badd-cc7f64aacbf9
  4. Windows defender Trojan Loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender Trojan Loop: Hello,My Windows defender has been going crazy, as soon as it starts, it begins a loop detecting the following threatTrojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml on a wscript.exe file. CPU usage spikes like crazy.What I have tried so far:Sfc /scannowDSIM restore healthcleanbootexception for WD...
  5. Windows defender infinite deleting loop

Windows defender infinite deleting loop: How do you get out of this? I clicked it to remove threats, and now it's stuck on this for days...I'm using something that is titled 'Windows Security'...
  6. Windows Defender False-Positives loop

Windows Defender False-Positives loop: After spending all day on this literally my patience has worn out. I have been using Windows Defender for many years on many different computers, they've done their job and never given me grief-until now. I've been able to download several tools/programs without issue and...
  7. Windows defender offline endless loop

Windows defender offline endless loop: I ran windows defender offline 10 on my lenovo ideapad 110 to remove any malware and is now stuck in this endless loop. I have tried everything but no success... any ideas please?...
  8. update in loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update in loop: After updating to the latest version of windows 10, I am in a loop that I can't get out of. It says undoing changes, but goes back to startup screen over and over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-in-loop/b21b282b-ae9a-44c4-b091-d112eeaf42e2
  9. windows defender button: infinite cursor loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows defender button: infinite cursor loop: so everytime i try to open "Virus & threat Protection" my cursor gets this infinite "blue circle" loop and the window for windows defender doesn't pop up. i haven't downloaded the culmative update, so should i update that or is there a fix for this?...
  10. Update Loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Loop: I appear to be trapped in a Windows update loop where updates are downloaded and then applied. But the update fails with the following:100% complete We couldn't complete the updates Undoing the changes Don't turn off your computer There must be a fix for this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb2267602 install loop