Windows 10: Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok

Discus and support Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Build 14371, while checking updates, windows defender update shows up for about 1 second and then stops. Rechecking repeats the defender update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by meebers, Jun 24, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok

Build 14371, while checking updates, windows defender update shows up for about 1 second and then stops. Rechecking repeats the defender update and after 3 attempts says I am up to date. It never downloads, installs etc. It is repeatable, 3 cycles and then stops. Listed as KB2267602 1.223.2610.0

UPDATE 1.223.2610.0 was changed to 1.223.2614.0 and that one installed without issue. ??

:)

meebers, Jun 24, 2016
  2. RJC_UK Win User

W10 Defender Security Centre Damaged after updates 14th June 2017

Sorry - have done numerous times - always the same.

I did a system restore to before update - all OK and updated Defender to latest signatures - all OK.

Repeating Upgrade returns problem - hence my certainty of one of them caused this problem.

I think Defender is still running OK - can still use it via File Explorer - Scan with Windows Defender.

I suspect I might be able to uninstall particular updates one by one to determine which one - but question as to what is best to do?

RJC_UK, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Defender Updates and History 0x80029c4a

After loading the version 1709 update Defender repeats the same update over with same time stamp say it updated then when I select update again it repeats the same update. When I look at defender history I get error loading library/DLL 0x80029c4a .When
    I search for denfender.dll on c: drive I get this file DefenderCSP.dll at location. C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_windows-defender-management-mdm_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.16299.15_none_092e0bba025ba4fd. Please provide a fix?

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats / Windows 10

KENLOWE7047, Jun 24, 2016
Thema:

Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok

1. Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok - Similar Threads - Defender update repeats

2. File Explorer repeatedly refreshing its display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer repeatedly refreshing its display: Why does the File Explorer keep refreshing its list of files in a folder while you are trying to work with entries in the list? It wipes out whatever you are currently doing, and sometimes applies an action to a file at the top of the list which just happened to be in the...
  3. Windows 10 update killed hard drive - or not? Scandisk says drive OK, HP says corrupt!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update killed hard drive - or not? Scandisk says drive OK, HP says corrupt!: I have a HP Pavilion 500-319na desktop with an 1-54460s cpu at 2.9g and 8mb ram and 2tb hard disk. It was 'born' September 2014, I bought it January 2015, and it shipped with windows 10. However, recent updates to windows 10 pushed out by microsoft crash it. Not only...
  4. Computer says Defender is off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer says Defender is off?: Recently I received a message from my computer that said Windows Defender needed to be turned on. I checked, and it was already on. Why did my PC do this? (I have Windows 8)...
  5. 3 updates which repeatedly fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3 updates which repeatedly fail: Hi, I’m using W10 x64 Home 1809 Build 17763.316. I have 3 updates which repeatedly fail: 1. 2019-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4486553) -Error 0x800f083 2. 2019-03 Cumulative Update for...
  6. A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found: for clearance, I am running windows 10s and I cant run command prompt. I also don't want to disable 10s as it keeps my battery alive and I don't get viruses. im looking for a way to delete this undeletable folder without using commandprompt or any other software windows...
  7. Windows Activation saying its not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation saying its not activated: Hey Guys, I recently just upgraded my computer, and with that I got a new Motherboard & CPU. Ever since then i've had a "activate windows" watermark in the bottom right of my screen, and i don't know where I could find my Windows 10 Key, since i upgraded from windows 7 for...
  8. copy and paste keep s repeating its self

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and paste keep s repeating its self: copy and paste keep s repeatin its self in pm post etc etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-keep-s-repeating-its-self/3d1216ab-7444-4551-9fdb-d3a0627ef57e
  9. SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Says All OK, DISM Has Issues!: I have a question regarding SFC and DISM. After a whole lot of frustration, I finally have 1803. I checked both SFC and DISM following that. SFC /Scannow ran with an error. I ran it again, and the error was resolved. Then for curiosity, I ran DISM. Low and behold, it had a...
  10. File explorer Error Its OK my error

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer Error Its OK my error: Error -- looking in wrong directory cheers jimbo 3581