Windows 10: Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok

Discus and support Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Build 14371, while checking updates, windows defender update shows up for about 1 second and then stops. Rechecking repeats the defender update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by meebers, Jun 24, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok

Build 14371, while checking updates, windows defender update shows up for about 1 second and then stops. Rechecking repeats the defender update and after 3 attempts says I am up to date. It never downloads, installs etc. It is repeatable, 3 cycles and then stops. Listed as KB2267602 1.223.2610.0

UPDATE 1.223.2610.0 was changed to 1.223.2614.0 and that one installed without issue. ??

:)

meebers, Jun 24, 2016
  2. RJC_UK Win User

W10 Defender Security Centre Damaged after updates 14th June 2017

Sorry - have done numerous times - always the same.

I did a system restore to before update - all OK and updated Defender to latest signatures - all OK.

Repeating Upgrade returns problem - hence my certainty of one of them caused this problem.

I think Defender is still running OK - can still use it via File Explorer - Scan with Windows Defender.

I suspect I might be able to uninstall particular updates one by one to determine which one - but question as to what is best to do?

RJC_UK, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Defender Updates and History 0x80029c4a

After loading the version 1709 update Defender repeats the same update over with same time stamp say it updated then when I select update again it repeats the same update. When I look at defender history I get error loading library/DLL 0x80029c4a .When
    I search for denfender.dll on c: drive I get this file DefenderCSP.dll at location. C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_windows-defender-management-mdm_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.16299.15_none_092e0bba025ba4fd. Please provide a fix?

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats / Windows 10

KENLOWE7047, Jun 24, 2016
Thema:

Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok

1. Defender update repeats 3 times and then says its ok - Similar Threads - Defender update repeats

2. Windows says this failed to update and its failed to update 3 days in a row

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says this failed to update and its failed to update 3 days in a row: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9WZDNCRFJ3P2-MICROSOFT.ZUNEVIDEO. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-says-this-failed-to-update-and-its-failed/b8f3ac55-ab5c-41d8-ab48-26eb38354731
  3. Windows says this failed to update and its failed to update 3 days in a row

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows says this failed to update and its failed to update 3 days in a row: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9WZDNCRFJ3P2-MICROSOFT.ZUNEVIDEO. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-says-this-failed-to-update-and-its-failed/b8f3ac55-ab5c-41d8-ab48-26eb38354731
  4. Repeated ITS error despite what it actually says in the error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated ITS error despite what it actually says in the error message: Investigating system freezes when checking the event logs I find this:BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly. BITS will not attempt to use this device until the next system reboot....
  5. Repeated ITS error despite what it actually says in the error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated ITS error despite what it actually says in the error message: Investigating system freezes when checking the event logs I find this:BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly. BITS will not attempt to use this device until the next system reboot....
  6. Repeated ITS error despite what it actually says in the error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?!: Why does the Windows PC Health says I am good for Windows 11 Update, but yet the Windows Update screen say no. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-check-say-ok-but-windows-update-says-no/900f87e9-c4bf-47fb-9ec9-04b518a1d509
  8. Defender Updates - Automatic OK to download and install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defender Updates - Automatic OK to download and install?: I'm using Windows 10 18363.778. I would like to give an automatic approval to Windows to download and install Security Intelligence Updates for Windows Defender Antivirus, without any human interaction. But I'd also like to keep the deferrals I have set for quality and...
  9. Windows Defender Rules OK

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Rules OK: Whats going on . Windows Security now has alongside the biggest names in the Cyber Security World one of the best Arch and Screened Security System possible. Satya Nadella promised us the most the most secure Windows 10 ever . He said it he did it. We have the best...
  10. 3 updates which repeatedly fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3 updates which repeatedly fail: Hi, I’m using W10 x64 Home 1809 Build 17763.316. I have 3 updates which repeatedly fail: 1. 2019-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4486553) -Error 0x800f083 2. 2019-03 Cumulative Update for...